Story: The Devil's Contracts

This is the OOC forum for The Dark Museum.
Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:55 pm

Tubidu
A saturnine humanoid flashes a charming smile, exposing gleaming, pointed canine teeth. Its slick, tightly cropped hair drops down over its forehead in a widow’s peak, which is flanked by two tiny horns, like those of a baby goat. The creature wears luxurious, impeccably fashionable garments. Instead of feet, it possesses a formidable pair of cloven hooves. Its eyes glow red. A prehensile tail, covered in crimson scales, impatiently twitches from a long opening cut into the back of its fine outfit.
Tubidu is the owner of the Dark Museum, located in the Outlands plane's city of Ribcage. Additionally, the devil drafts and administers contracts to mortals.

Below are the current and active contracts for the Player Characters:
This CONTRACT is made and entered into by and between _______________________ (hereinafter the "Signee") and (hereinafter the "Administrator") on behalf of Tubidu (hereinafter the "Benefactor") on this __________ day of __________, year __________.

Whereas the Signee intends to purchase from the Administrator, and the Administrator wishes to offer an infernal service ("Offer") to the Signee, solely upon the terms of this Contract.

Whereas, the Administrator is the manufacturer, distributor, and/or provider of the Offer.

I. Consideration

The Signee agrees to exchange the following property ("Consideration" ) in exchange for the Duties provided by the Administrator:

Whereas, Consideration is under the sole ownership of the Signee.

Whereas, Consideration will be surrendered immediately or at a time of the Administrator's choosing unless Consideration is designated to be paid de futuro, which must be written on the reverse side of this document prior to sealing this Contract.

II. Duties of the Administrator

The Administrator agrees to grant the Signee the following Offer:

III. Breach of Contract

The following represent a breach of contract on behalf of the Signee:
i) Failure to surrender Consideration at the time of collection
ii) Entering into conflicting or overlapping agreements with other beings

Should the Signee be found in breach of contract, the Signee immediately forfeits their soul or equivalent payment determined by the Administrator or a higher- ranking devil during Arbitration, to the contract Administrator to do with as the Administrator so chooses.

IV. Additional Clauses & Amendments

The Signee and the Administrator may recognize any and all hitherto unspecified, additional clauses, amendments, and/or specifications, which shall be written on the reverse side of this document prior to sealing this Contract.

I hereby acknowledge this contract as legitimate and agree to uphold its terms, which are bound by corpus juris infernis. Should I be in violation of said terms, I recognize merciless and dispassionate judgment shall be rendered de jure infernumin the Diabolical Courts of Phlegethos, overseen by Belial or the being occupying its throne.

Signee: _______________________

Administrator: _______________________

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:39 am

Example contract for my character, if needed to fill out the party:
This CONTRACT is made and entered into by and between Faeranduil Moonshadow (hereinafter the "Signee") and Tubidu (hereinafter the "Administrator") on this 2nd day of Nightal year of the Two Ships Sailing

Whereas the Signee intends to purchase from the Administrator, and the Administrator wishes to offer an infernal service ("Offer") to the Signee, solely upon the terms of this Contract.

Whereas, the Administrator is the manufacturer, distributor, and/or provider of the Offer.

I. Consideration

The Signee agrees to exchange the following property ("Consideration" ) in exchange for the Duties provided by the Administrator:
Soul of Faeranduil Moonshadow

Whereas, Consideration is under the sole ownership of the Signee.

Whereas, Consideration will be surrendered immediately or at a time of the Administrator's choosing unless Consideration is designated to be paid de futuro, which must be written on the reverse side of this document prior to sealing this Contract.

Darkshadow family Moonblade

III. Breach of Contract

i) Failure to surrender Consideration at the time of collection

Should the Signee be found in breach of contract, the Signee immediately forfeits their soul or equivalent payment determined by the Administrator or a higher- ranking devil during Arbitration, to the contract Administrator to do with as the Administrator so chooses.

The Signee and the Administrator may recognize any and all hitherto unspecified, additional clauses, amendments, and/or specifications, which shall be written on the reverse side of this document prior to sealing this Contract.

I hereby acknowledge this contract as legitimate and agree to uphold its terms, which are bound by corpus juris infernis. Should I be in violation of said terms, I recognize merciless and dispassionate judgment shall be rendered de jure infernumin the Diabolical Courts of Phlegethos, overseen by Belial or the being occupying its throne.

Signee: Faeranduil Moonshadow

Administrator: Tubidu

Fine Print: In order for the Moonblade to accept the Signee as its master, a spirit of the Administrator's choosing will replace the existing Moonblade's sentient spirit.
With a drow father and wood-elf mother, Faeranduil Moonshadow was shunned as a young elf. After his maternal grandfather died, the ancestral moonblade was destined to be passed to him. However, his elders denied his right because he was half-drow.

Furious, the young elf sought a solution for his problem. As if he was summoned on command, Tubidu arrived in the village appearing as a wood-elf. The devil then offered Faeranduil his ancestral moonblade in return for his soul. The young elf quickly signed the contract.

A few hours later, Tubidu returned and presented Faeranduil with the moonblade. The devil spoke, "The sword is yours. Soon, no elf will contest your ownership." Tubidu then vanished.

Within minutes, elven guards entered and rushed to apprehend Faeranduil. As the guards grappled him, the sword compelled Faeranduil to attack. Unable to hold back his rage fueled by the sword's spirit, he slaughtered the guards and his mother.

Standing over the bodies, he was unable to stop crying. The weight of his malevolent actions crashed with his conscience. This is maddening, he thought.

As he deeply wept, Tubidu reappeared in his devil form. With a wave of his hand, Tubidu opened a portal and said, "Follow me to ease your guilt. You can slaughter my enemies rather than your family and friends."

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Re: Story: The Devil's Contracts

Post by Shurijo » Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:16 pm

This PACTUM SUCCESSORIUM (hereinafter the "Contract") is made and entered into by and between Ryldfrynatar Filifar (hereinafter the "Signee") and Tubidu (hereinafter the "Administrator") on behalf of the Shadow Plane archdevil Invidiak’ohyal (hereinafter the “Benefactor”) on this 13th day of Nightal year of the Two Ships Sailing.

Whereas the Signee inherits the contract from the predecessor and extends the purchase from the Administrator, and the Administrator wishes to continue and extend the infernal service ("Offer") to the Signee, solely upon the terms of this Contract.

Whereas, the Administrator, on behalf of the Benefactor, is the manufacturer, distributor, and/or provider of the Offer.

I. Consideration

Harvesting of six thousand six hundred and sixty six souls

Whereas, Consideration will be surrendered unum ad tempus to be paid ex nunc and in loco to predecessor.

Eritis liberatio of predecessors' souls

III. Breach of Contract

i) Failure to surrender Consideration by end of Signee’s life

Should the Signee be found in breach of contract, the contract is passed to their eldest living offspring and the Signee immediately forfeits their soul in pleno post mortem to the contract Benefactor to do with as the Benefactor so chooses.

Signee: Ryldfrynatar Filifar

Administrator: Tubidu

Fine Print: In order to collect and deliver souls to the Shadow Plane, the Signee must be bound to the soul harvester until their obligation has been fulfilled. Signee assumes all risk associated with the collection of souls including, but not limited to loss of own soul to Shadow Plane, sunlight weakness, red glowing eyes, inability to be healed by spells and potions, creatures from Shadow Plane following them back to originating plane, and potentially-disturbing dreams.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Re: Story: The Devil's Contracts

Post by Shurijo » Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:49 am

Hear me, Archdevil Tubidu! Hear my oath! I am Log'thar. I give up my family name, country, and all other loyalties to serve thee. Forevermore I will be your unholy weapon of justice and order, taking upon myself your service and banner, faithful and true. I shall hate all that you hate, shun all that you shun, and destroy all that is found wanting in your sight.

I will be thy sword and shield, constant and true, never shirking from my eternal duty. I bind myself to thee to lead into the zone of war, to conduct myself to glory, no matter the ferocity or ingenuity of the foe. If I fail in my vows I shall be forsaken and cursed, spurned by thy servants, thy blessings denied me, thy face turned from me for all time and eternity.

On this matter, and by thy infernal weapon and desecrated shield, I swear.