Character Creation Questions

This is the OOC forum for The Dark Museum.
Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Re: Character Creation Questions

Post by Shurijo » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:46 pm

I was able to create a warforged homebrew race that captures all of the below, except I'm unable to add "immunity to magical aging effects and magic can't put you to sleep." I tested it out and it looks correct, so if you're using dndbeyond, it'll add all of the other racial traits.
Ability Score Increase. Your Constitution score increases by 2, and one other ability score of your choice increases by 1.

Age. A typical warforged is between two and thirty years old. The maximum warforged lifespan remains a mystery; so far, warforged have shown no signs of deterioration due to age. You are immune to magical aging effects.

Alignment. Most warforged take comfort in order and discipline, tending toward law and neutrality. But some have absorbed the morality, or lack thereof, of the beings with which they served.

Speed. Your base walking speed is 30 feet.

Constructed Resilience. You were created to have remarkable fortitude, represented by the following benefits:
• You have advantage on saving throws against being poisoned, and you have resistance to poison damage.
• You don't need to eat, drink, or breathe.
• You are immune to disease.
• You don't need to sleep, and magic can't put you to sleep.

Sentry's Rest. When you take a long rest, you must spend at least six hours in an inactive, motionless state, rather than sleeping. In this state, you appear inert, but it doesn't render you unconscious, and you can see and hear as normal.

Integrated Protection. Your body has built-in defensive layers, which can be enhanced with armor:
• You gain a +l bonus to Armor Class.
• You can don only armor with which you have proficiency. To don armor, you must incorporate it into your body over the course of 1 hour, during which you remain in contact with the armor. To doff armor, you must spend 1 hour removing it. You can rest while donning or doffing armor in this way.
• While you live, your armor can't be removed from your body against your will.

Specialized Design. You gain one skill proficiency and one tool proficiency of your choice.

Languages. You can speak, read, and write Common and one other language of your choice.

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Othniel » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:03 am

Do you have an idea of when you'd like submissions by? I'm still mulling over ideas, though I did play around a bit with the DNDBeyond Character Generator for a Tiefling Paladin. I'm not committed to anything, but I probably would not want to do a Cleric, Bard, Wizard, or Warlock. ^_^

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:09 am

No hurry. December will be slow because a ton of people will be on vacations and holidays. I doubt we'll get started this year. I hope to start the game in January after everyone has settled back into normal routines.

Yeah, I peeked at the Tiefling as well. If you have an idea for your contract, let me know and we can start working out those details as well. I posted an example of my elf in the OOC forum (contracts) thread as an example backstory and contract.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:08 pm

Update. Added more starting equipment for char gen. Changed to:
  • normal starting equipment
  • 1000 gp to spend on nonmagical equipment
  • 2 uncommon magic items
  • 2 common magic potions
  • 1 common magic item
  • you can bargain with the devil for more equipment

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:13 pm

Thanks for all the guidance! And the tools. I'm on 3 weeks of straight business trips, so sucking at keeping up with my own games. Lol. But I'll try to prioritize getting the character created. Excited to see this start up in a few weeks.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Othniel » Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:48 pm

I'll have to wait for the weekend at least to take a serious look at character generation.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:59 pm

So yeah, I made a Warforged Sorcerer...
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:23 pm

Anyone doing healing? Have a Divine Sorcerer so I can tweak a bit
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Othniel » Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:13 pm

I think you're the only one to volunteer for that. I think I will actually go Kensai Monk for this, and open locks the violent way. ^_^ It makes it easier to wield the weapon I want.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:07 am

I assume by 'Magic Items' you mean 'Wondrous Items'? Or could we also get armor/weapons/rings/etc., as long as they're common/uncommon?
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."