Star Wars: Episode III - The Astray

5 years after the Battle of Yavin. Having defeated the Empire at the Battle of Endor, the Rebel Alliance must now transform itself from a militant resistance force into a functioning galactic government. As Imperial territory is reclaimed, the New Republic suffers growing pains, having to fend off insurrections, Imperial loyalists, and wayward warlords. Also, Luke Skywalker, the last of the Jedi, begins training apprentices, rebuilding the Jedi order.

Run by the Jedi Master Vardaen
Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:45 pm

Chakossa growls something. "<Shyriwook> We need some parts. Let's go to the town and see if we can find them. We must complete our mission."

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word

Post by Muskrat » Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:15 pm

After someone translates, Muzhy says, "Do we even know where town is? Do we have a map or something we can use?" He looks out into the storm. "Even with a good map, we'll have trouble finding our way through this." He goes back in to fetch his gear and puts on what cold weather clothing he has.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:21 pm

When you were coming in you caught a glimpse of Kijimi City, and with a bit of effort you manage a decent enough map from the sensor logs. You stand a... chance of finding it. Two options present themselves at this point.

Risk it, and head for town.
Wait the storm out before heading for town.

Both present risks and rewards.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Othniel » Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:50 pm

"I could guide us, perhaps, in this storm," Naomi suggests carefully. "But I will only do so if everyone wishes it. I think it unwise to press our luck at this stage, and believe we should wait it out."

Grimbold
Title: Professor

Post by Grimbold » Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:54 am

Chak growls. <Shiirywook: "I am not afraid. We must continue our mission. We go, I say. I will stay, if you all decide to stay, though">

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:30 pm

Muzhy mutters, "Caught between the devil and the deep blue sea," before speaking to the others: "In other circumstances, I might suggest waiting it out here. But if that fellow who shot us out of the sky manages to figure out where we landed, I wouldn't like to be here waiting for him. I think we should cautiously move out."

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:33 pm

Mal listens to the arguments and while, he'd prefer to wait out the storm, he knows that Saar Garlk, the bounty hunter, will not wait out the storm. "Saar Garlk will not be deterred by the storm. I would rather wait out the storm, but I believe we are canned yobshrimp waiting for him if we stay here."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Fri May 01, 2020 6:09 pm

The blizzard has not relented and you are an hour into your hike from the ship.

Hoods and masks cover your faces, but you are chilled to the bone. Mal holds a small device, a single barely visible red dot blinks on the compass like device. It shows you were the ship is but its fading with each step, and soon you'll have no point of reference.

You have to scream over the howling wind to talk to one another..
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Fri May 01, 2020 6:50 pm

Muzhy slaps his hands on his body, trying to stay warm and keep his blood circulating. He leans close to Naomi and says "Should we try to use the Force to try to see if there's any life around here again? Maybe that will help tell us if we've lost our bearings or not?"

When he is done speaking, he lifts a hand and reaches out with the Force to try to sense his surroundings, looking for signs of life.
Life Detection 2D+1

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Othniel » Sat May 02, 2020 12:53 am

"I sense something," Naomi shouts to the others. She pulls her cloak closer about her, though the tips of her montrals force the cloak up higher, making her seem taller than she really is. "Something is circling us, stalking us like prey." She bares her teeth for emphasis, though is was doubtful any of the others would notice in the storm. Coming from a predator species herself, the feeling is distinctly uncomfortable.