Star Wars: Episode III - The Astray

5 years after the Battle of Yavin. Having defeated the Empire at the Battle of Endor, the Rebel Alliance must now transform itself from a militant resistance force into a functioning galactic government. As Imperial territory is reclaimed, the New Republic suffers growing pains, having to fend off insurrections, Imperial loyalists, and wayward warlords. Also, Luke Skywalker, the last of the Jedi, begins training apprentices, rebuilding the Jedi order.

Run by the Jedi Master Vardaen
Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:43 pm

"Apparently, he is after the same thing we are and wants to pre-emptively eliminate the competition," says Muzhy. "It might be he's not the only one."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:00 pm

The enemy ship skips around down to a incoming vector from your underbelly. The com squawks, "What was that? Wookie? Damn carpets, I hate Wookies!" One of the panels lights up he has a target lock on you, he's been buying time this whole time.

**PEW PEW**

Incoming proton torpedoes!
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:16 pm

Is someone translating for Chak? Because Muzhy doesn't speak Wookiee.
"Let's keep an eye out for more hostile forces as we try to land!" says Muzhy, as he grabs a hold of a chair, waiting for evasive maneuvers to commence.

Grimbold
Title: Professor

Post by Grimbold » Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:58 pm

"Grrwoookgrrwak!" Chak swings the ship around as he picks up speed, trying to evade the torpedoes, and then heading for the surface.
<Shyriwook: "Hang on, they're firing at us. You may fire at will!"
Dodge Torpedoes, then get down to the planet at top speed. Use Piloting+1d+2 (for manouvrability)
I just saw the stats. We need a better laser cannon asap.

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Othniel » Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:22 am

Double-checking the straps of her seat, Naomi watches her readout with wide eyes, hoping their captain has the skill to avoid the torpedoes.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:28 pm

Muzhy calls out a warning, but the sensors show it, two inbound torpedoes. You can't avoid them both, and you don't have time to jump to lightspeed. Your wookie pilot does what he can to head for the planet, and as luck would have it he avoids one of the photons. The other however....

The other clips our port side engine stabilizer and the ship is rocked from the explosion. You race to put the fire out that's spreading now even as you dip into the atmos and Chak escapes into cloud cover spiraling down down down to Kimiji City.

You can see the city out the front window now, but the alarms going off suggests you'll never make it. You are forced to put down 20 kilometers outside of town in a fairly level patch of frozen snow and ice.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Othniel » Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:03 am

Naomi is out of her seat as soon as the ship comes to rest. "Come on; he might come back for another pass now that we're grounded. I'd rather not have this ship become my tomb." Quickly, the Togruta woman retrieves her small bundle of gear and makes ready to depart.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:54 pm

Muzhy grabs his things as well. As heads out of the ship and looks around, he shouts, "Look for cover! If there isn't any, let's split up--that will make it harder for him to get us."
There doesn't seem to be a perception skill per se to look for cover with, but Search 3D+2 seems like it comes closest.

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Othniel » Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:15 pm

I'd like to make the argument that Survival wouldn't be a bad option here. If I can do it, I'd also like to look for some cover rolling at 4D for Survival. ^_^

Grimbold
Title: Professor

Post by Grimbold » Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:37 am

Chakossa shuts down all systems so they won't show up on sensors and hesitates a bit before he exits the ship. He growls something, evidently unhappy. <Shyriwook: "They bloody damaged my ship! Those nerfherders! We must find cover, but we also must come back to repair the ship. We must complete the mission.">
He looks around for cover.
Basic Perception