Star Wars: Episode III - The Astray

5 years after the Battle of Yavin. Having defeated the Empire at the Battle of Endor, the Rebel Alliance must now transform itself from a militant resistance force into a functioning galactic government. As Imperial territory is reclaimed, the New Republic suffers growing pains, having to fend off insurrections, Imperial loyalists, and wayward warlords. Also, Luke Skywalker, the last of the Jedi, begins training apprentices, rebuilding the Jedi order.

Run by the Jedi Master Vardaen
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:33 pm

A long time ago in a galaxy far far away...

Episode III
THE ASTRAY

The New Republic is in its infancy.
Five years after EMPEROR PALAPTINE's defeat,
the galaxy is still terrorized the
looming shadow of the Empire.

Criminals and Imperial Warlods are everywhere,
and BOUNTY HUNTERS are needed where the
New Republic cannot yet offer support.

A group of such individuals speeds across
the galaxy heading for KIJIMI on a mission
for a mysterious benefactor known only
as BALTHAZAR.

You drop out out Hyperspace just beyond the gravity well of Kijimi. The small blue orb is well within your scanner range. You've been hire by a man named Balthazar to recover a lost artifact for the New Republic rumored to be located someplace in the frozen mountains outside Kijimi City. You haven't been given much information, just that its some long lost relic rumored to be among ancient ruins high the frozen mountains of Kijimi. A small data fob contains some basic info on the artifact to help you identify it. Your trip from the Mid Rim has been perfectly average.
As you small ship turns toward the spinning orb a red light starts to flash on the sensor display of Naomi Vas. The red light blinks brighter and brighter as the signal of a star fighter closing in your position grows closer and closer!
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:04 pm

Mal paces nervously, circling the laser controls in the middle of the ship. He passes by the lounge and the comm station as he waits for any intel on Kijimi and Kijimi City to load on the display screen. As he passes the others, he asks "How can we trust Balthazar?"

Suddenly, he notices the red light on the sensors and says "Incoming. Small star fighter. Closing fast." The former soldier moves into the laser controls to man the weapon systems awaiting instructions from the captain. As he sits, he immediately flips the control switch to enable shields before the captain responds.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:14 pm

Muzhy is trying to sit peacefully, like a proper Jedi--but, let's face it, he wasn't a proper Jedi and he sat there fidgeting, trying to control his impatience. Exploring ancient ruins seemed promising. Even if the artifact they were looking for was not linked to the Jedi, perhaps they would find something else that was.

Hearing the warning about the approaching ship, he stood and went to the windows, trying to reach out with the Force to sense if the incoming ship intended to attack them.
Force Sense 2D+1: Danger Sense

The description doesn't say anything about this being restricted to face-to-face combat, so I'm assuming it can be used for ship-to-ship combat as well.

Grimbold
Title: Professor

Post by Grimbold » Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:14 pm

The black haired Wookiee at the controls growls at the news. He has been friendly and respectful, but will not tolerate any delay or questioning to their mission. Chakossa, or Chak, looks over the display and barks something in the Wookiee language.
We got company. Shields up. Let's see what they want. Get ready for battle if they prove unfriendly.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word

Post by Muskrat » Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:19 am

Muzhy, holding his hand out towards the ship, his face creased in a frown, says, "I sense hostility. We should be prepared for trouble." He mutters, "And I wonder what we've done to earn such hostility--or do they just attack everyone."

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Othniel » Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:41 am

Naomi frowns, having sensed nothing. She'd received some rudimentary training in the Force from her father, but could probably barely be considered a Padawan. Besides, she lacked the discipline. She'd been staring out the viewport at the system they'd jumped into and was the last to notice the flashing sensor.

"Perhaps powering up shields but holding off on weapons would be the best course of action," the Togruta woman suggests. "I'd rather not provoke a response."

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:20 pm

Mal mutters, "I knew we couldn't trust Balthazar. He set us up." The human then proceeds to go through the weapons engagement checklist, firing up and turning on the laser batteries. Targeting the incoming ship, he tries to scan it to figure out what class starship and whether it has its shields or weapons online.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:00 pm

As the slender ship grows closer, a buzz comes over the com system, a message from your incoming pilot. "You'll never find it! Power down and prepare to be boarded or I'll blow your stupid ship into a thousand pieces." The voice has a slight sibilant accent to it.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:07 pm

Mal looks a bit puzzled at the voice. "I... I know that voice. That's Saar Garlk. Bounty Hunter. Worked for the Galactic Empire. Let's just say we're not on friendly terms." He then proceeds to engage the targeting computer, "Captain, request to fire at will."
Prepare - aim

Grimbold
Title: Professor

Post by Grimbold » Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:17 pm

The Wookiee turns the com off and growls something in his tongue. <Get ready to fire. I will try and go down to the surface and lose him there.> Then he turns it on again and barks something. <Shyriwook: Who are you? We will not let you board us without more information. I am Captain Chakossa and I request your identification.> Chak is getting more and more frustrated with this other ship.
Do we have stats for the ship somewhere?