Episode 1: Can I Call You Crewmate?

Many pirate crews take to the sea with all the same goal: To hunt down and claim the Pirate Kings treasure, known as the One Piece! Will your crew be the one to beat the other crews, avoid the navy, and find the legendary treasure?

Moderator: KrowsNest

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Episode 1: Can I Call You Crewmate?

Post by RorytheRomulan » Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:24 am

"Awesome, I'll be your tour guide." Pepper finishes paying for her new things. She throws the rope over her shoulders, pausing to ring the bell, and takes the lead. "Follow me!"

KrowsNest
Level 3
Level 3

Post by KrowsNest » Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:35 pm

When the group left the shop, Andre waving at them as they were leaving, they would see some people from the town putting some crates in the middle of town, crates full of food and supplies seemingly. Nico and Saddie were among some of them, putting a few small boxes of food in the pile.

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:33 pm

Pepper shifts her mandolin to a playing position and winks at her new friends. "C'mon. Let's see them turn their heads this time, after they see you."

She leads the pirates with strut, playing a tune on her mandolin fit to pump up their image with confidence. Something to make the people say, 'what's that sound? Oh, it's Pepper. She looks different though. And who's that with her? They look tough!'

She poses and greets the crowd with a chill affectation. "Hey everybody, garchu, garchu. You can forget about putting out for Bluebeard today. You can forget about putting out for the pirates forever. Cuz me and my new pals are gonna run them outta town. Aren't we, guys?"
Perform (String)
Basically what I described above: I want to influence the crowd with what they see and hear, to believe that we're capable of accomplishing what the party says we can do.

Aid Another (Diplomacy)
The rules only give "Aid Another" as an action that can contribute to another character's attack or defense, but what I want to do here is contribute to either Barnacle's or Zed's Diplomacy skill check (the one who has it as a Favored skill), as per the DnD action. Is that doable?

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:04 am

Zed walks alongside Pepper and Barnacle, very much enjoying the pep that she is creating around the group, while not a signer or performer Zed fancies himself quite the orator he takes a step forward to pontificate to the gathering crowd. "Kind people of this lovely island, hear our call, for far too long you have endured Bluebeard's boot to your neck, for far too long you have been oppressed. We beckon you, join us and together we will drive this evil incarnate out of this lovely place and restore freedom to all once more!."
I would like to use my diplomacy skill to rally the locals to our cause and get some bodies to make our task easier.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:52 pm

The big cyborg stands tall next to Zed, trying to be physically imposing as his friend actually does the morale-inspiring speech.
*cough* Charisma 6 *cough* Glad to see someone else has the Skills here. :)
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

KrowsNest
Level 3
Level 3

Post by KrowsNest » Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:56 am

The people looked over to hear Pepper playing her mandolin. They didnt seem to be that interested, still carrying on but paying attention to the Mink woman. After which, they saw the mink man step forward and state that they were going to kick Bluebeards ass and that they wanted help from the town folk.

Most of the folk just kind of looked at each other but a couple men stepped forward and raised their hands, saying they would assist. Others, while not ready to fight, said they would barricade their homes from the Bluebeard pirates.
Guys, never be afraid to message me on Discord about this

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:59 pm

The giant's smile looks like it might break his face, as he sees the downtrodden rise up, even if it is in such a minor fashion. "Excellent! I can help with the barricading if needed. These big muscles are even better at building things than tearing them down."

To the men that rally for the fight, he enthusiastically claps them on their backs. "Good men! We will take them on together, and drive them forever from your home."
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:47 am

Pepper smiles weakly at the people gathered, and then her tail shoots up when Barnacle urges them on. "Wait! Don't do that! We're very grateful for your help, but everyone else, please do NOT board up your homes and stores, and restaurants, and..."

To Barnacle & Zed, she says, "That'll just make him mad, and besides smashing into peoples' homes, he'll be expecting trouble. We gotta do something else."

Running a finger along the crack along her mandolin, she looks back at the crates in the middle of town. "Hey... We could probably set up an ambush with these supplies. What do you all think?"

She gives a pleading look toward the folks who have stopped to talk to them, hoping for their input as well.
Sorry guys, I don't know what I was expecting. But at least now we have some help.

Knowledge Pepper: if Bluebeard sees barricaded homes and defenses, he'll get mad and be on alert, and worse, he might take it out on the town.

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:00 am

The amateur pirate pauses, considering. "You make a good point, Pepper. If they come into town and see all the boards, they'll know something is up and get hostile. Hard to ambush someone if they can tell something is wrong from afar." He looks around some more. "At least get the non-combatants safely in their homes or something."

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:03 am

Zed nods his head in thanks to the few people who decided to step up and offer their help against their oppressors. Suppressing his disappointment Zed takes a step forwards towards the dwindling crowd. "Kind people, I know I asked for much but please be assured that you will be safe, if you must hide in your houses, but I beg of you not to barricade yourselves. In order to be able to deal with Bluebeard we must have the element of surprise and barricaded doors and windows would make for a very obvious sign of oddities." He looks back at his companions urging them to join him. Zed walks up to the men that offered to help extending his hand to greet and thank them.