Episode 1: Can I Call You Crewmate?

Many pirate crews take to the sea with all the same goal: To hunt down and claim the Pirate Kings treasure, known as the One Piece! Will your crew be the one to beat the other crews, avoid the navy, and find the legendary treasure?

Moderator: KrowsNest

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Episode 1: Can I Call You Crewmate?

Post by RorytheRomulan » Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:58 pm

"I'll say. Guns look cool. I like the ones that fit in one hand. I'd carry a gun around if I knew how to shoot, but I don't need anything, usually. Huh, I've never got my hands on one to find out... Anyway, if someone's being really mean, Brandon deals with them for me, but that's rare. Brandon's my wicked-looking gauntlet. He probably won't fit on you either." She chuckles, relaxing more around Zed and Barnacle.

"So are they all as tall as you where you're from? You're *really* big. It's a little scary. Like, how are you *not* causing earthquakes wherever you walk? How did you guys meet?"

She keeps strumming "Roundabout". She's taking the time to practice, not perform, so she's not putting power into the notes. It comes slowly and gently, then quick and energetic during the parts she's nailed down. When she spots the general store, and she might not spot it right away, she points it out and lets the pirates take the lead.

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:40 pm

Zed walks along with the group enjoying the sights and conversation, he pleasantly nods and smiles at passers-by as they make their way through town, "I come from an island called Azhurine, it's a beautiful city with many travelers and merchants from many places." As they move along Zed waits until the group is in a fairly secluded spot before asking, "Pepper, i was wondering if you could tell me about this Blue beard fellow, who is he? And what is he doing?"

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:05 am

"'Bluebeard'?" Pepper stops playing and scowls. "Bluebeard is a prick. He's a pirate too, like you - well, maybe not like you. He and his crew come around whenever he wants to take some food, and booze, and whatever else he wants. Cuz he got it in his head that he owns this island, and he's a prick."

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:10 pm

Barnacle makes a dismissive gesture, showing that he hasn't taken offense. "I was always bigger than my friends, but after ... what happened when I needed all this hardware, the rebuild made me even larger. Organs and muscles are really efficient, but the machine parts need more room to do the same work. Took some getting used to."

Listening to the facts on Bluebeard, his eyes narrow. "I'm all for adventure on the high seas, but these kinds of people are parasites. Like ticks or leaches, that need to be burned off the body." He looks over at Pepper. "Ever seen how many men he has? Or when he's expected to be here next? Wouldn't mind helping to put an end to a bully like him."
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:06 pm

Pepper looks up at Barnacle and tilts her head. "Wait, would you really do that? I'm just one gal, but man, there are times I really..."

The scowl returns as she clenches her mandolin, and she relaxes to answer questions. "Oh...uh. I let me see. There's Bluebeard, two jerkwads he really trusts, and then a few who aren't really much to write home about. Altogeher, about... eight? Ten? Around that many, I think." She shrugs and traces a long, splintered crack in her instrument. "And I don't know exactly when they're coming. Er, Nico probably knows, but you can ask around!"

She looks at Zed to ask if he feels the same way as his buddy. "What about you? Do you hunt pirates too? Do you wanna take out Bluebeard?"
I'll answer the questions after I PM Krow. But fyi, Pepper has an Intelligence of 6. :lol:
Added her answers. Sorry, she doesn't actually know much.

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Sat May 02, 2020 9:09 pm

Zed smiles at the young spunky monkey girl, "Hunt, is such an ugly word, besides it's not like Barnacle and I are not pirates ourselves, getting rid of this Bluebeard fellow might just be the kind of notoriety we might need in our current predicament. You see, we require a crew, and gathering some goodwill from the rest of the locals might help us get some new crewmates." Zed continues walking for a bit before he continues speaking, "Besides that is why I got into this line of business, I do this for the recognition."
Pun absolutely intended

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Mon May 04, 2020 6:09 am

Barnacle puts an arm around his friend, brotherly-hugging him tight. "Always knew we were made to sail the high seas together, my friend. Although us three taking on almost ten others will take some planning. I'm pretty beefy, but I'm not invincible. I can't just walk in there and single-handedly overthrow a Pirate Lord, even if he is a minor one."
I'm feeling slow. Not seeing the Pun.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Wed May 06, 2020 2:05 pm

Pepper gives Zed a half-smile at the pun.

"Are you sure? You look like you could... Anyway, people weren't jazzed up to step in behind one power gal, so I fell in line. But now that you're here? Oh yeah, that give folks some courage and/or crazy to go take on Bluebeard by a good measure. Wanna start at the general store? We can get you some supplies."
I get it! Pirate "hunters" & "Hunt" D. Barnacle.

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Thu May 14, 2020 7:11 pm

"You're the local, so you know best. But if we can rally enough of the town to give this Bluebeard a run for his money, I'm all for it. 'Protection' rackets are messed up. The Pirates aren't adventurers, they're parasites living off of good people." He heads in the direction of the general store with Pepper. "If you or the townsfolk can share with us how this usually goes down, we can start making a Plan. Maybe rush his ship and take it while he's in town for the collection money. Or sabotage the ship. Or jump him. Need to know more before we rush into this."

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Sat May 16, 2020 3:55 pm

Pepper nods enthusiastically. "Sure deal, but I don't know how or when it happens. It's been a while since I bothered to hang around when it goes down. We'll have to ask someone else." She traces that inconspicuous crack in her mandolin again. "Ooh, ooh! I can be quiet. Super quiet. I can run up a building and make a flying tackle. I could probably even keep up with you, heavyweight. That's not a dare or anything, I'm just sayin'. What if I put on a distraction for music...?"

Comically, the "oohs" she makes are roughly in the middle between human sounds and actual monkey-talk.

She chews on her lip, throwing ideas around in her head before they talk to people for one of them to stick, and noodles on her strings as they head to the store.
After Xenomoprh responds (if he would like to), let's cut to the General Store!

Pepper's basically playing Forest Follies from the Cuphead game, on her mandolin.

Here are the skills that Pepper is really good at, with help from a couple feats.
Balance 5
Climb 7
Escape Artist 5
Hide 6
Jump 7
Listen 5
String Instruments 5
Cooking 5
Sneaking 5

Mechanically, she's kind of a barbarian who can perform music and cook. I didn't really plan it that way, but there you go. She's a Dexterity-based attacker, and is at her best as long as there's someone to punch (Elusive Target). Plus some hidden character stuff. Not the big hidden stuff - no were-furry feats, or devil fruit.