Episode 1: Can I Call You Crewmate?

Many pirate crews take to the sea with all the same goal: To hunt down and claim the Pirate Kings treasure, known as the One Piece! Will your crew be the one to beat the other crews, avoid the navy, and find the legendary treasure?

Moderator: KrowsNest

KrowsNest
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Episode 1: Can I Call You Crewmate?

Post by KrowsNest » Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:18 pm

"Hey, if you all do take him out, then awesome. Would help the town so much." Andre states with a big toothy grin. With the supplies on the table, Andre counted everything then looks to the captain, "500 Beli."

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:44 pm

"Reasonable price for supplies, good merchant." He digs around for money to throw down to pay for it. Unlike Bluebeard and his folk, he isn't trying to rob anyone. "So any idea on their numbers? Or best ways to take them down besides just running up and punching them in the face?" He smiles, not really expecting Andre to actually have usable intel on the enemy.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:38 am

Zed nods his agreement and pays the merchant for his part, he pats the big cyborg on the shoulder "My friends, I think we should scout Bluebeard's position, the better informed we are before heading in there, the better off we will be. Zed looks at Andre, "Say shop keep would you happen to have a looking glass for sale?"

KrowsNest
Level 3
Level 3

Post by KrowsNest » Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:37 pm

"A lookin glass?" Andre asked with a perched eyebrow before reaching behind the counter and putting a small looking glass down, "Sure, 10 Beli."

"Bluebeards crew is pretty short. He has two trusted crew members, Goremon and Borcht. Those two are definitely your challenge. If you get through them, you get to Bluebeard. Other than that, he has a couple other pirates who have joined his crew over the years."

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:05 am

"Nice, I got a looking glass too," the monkey comments. She watches the exchange and decides she wants some stuff as well, and starts going around picking things out.

She counts on her hand while Andre talks, and rubs a finger on her temple, confused and a mite embarrassed. "Oh... I thought there were more than that. Still, too many for me to take on at once. Hey, you wanna tell 'em about Goremon and Borcht? I forgot which one's which."

She drops the stuff she wants on the counter: 50ft of rope, 1 day's worth of rations, and a bell.
I dunno if the shopkeeper is being literal by "a couple" but I like the implication that Pepper thinks that this means a ship can be crewed by just five people. Also, I should clarify that she has a small steel mirror, not a "looking glass" specifically. It's shiny, just like the bell she wants to buy.

KrowsNest
Level 3
Level 3

Post by KrowsNest » Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:39 am

"Borcht is a shooter. He always has his guns on his person, one always drawn when he is within the public, definitely as a threat."

"Goremon is a hulking Mink who could bear hug a stone pillar in half." Andre stated, chuckling afterward as he looked a Barn, "Though you look like you could do the same."

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:19 am

"Personally I would rather tackle Borcht so he can't shoot anyone, but yeah, facing off with Goreman makes sense. Have us whale on each other leaving the rest of you unharassed by the giant." Barnacle hopes that the hugging a stone pillar in half tale is simply a colorful image, rather than something the hulking Mink has shown the ability to do.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:50 pm

"Yeah, see?" Pepper says, looking away from her checkout.

"That's why I'm so ready to team up. Gorcht is a big bastard. Be very careful with him, though," she warns. "Because..." she looks at Zed for a quick beat, "well, I'm guessing you know about minks' Electro power? We all can do it. Just a touch, and... boom. Ya know?"

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:17 am

Zed nods enthusiastically "of course, of course, zapping will more than likely come in handy." Zed pays for the looking glass and taps his cane to the side of his leather shoe "I think we should go take a look at where our little friend is, get the lay of the land, and get as many advantages as possible."
sorry i haven't been around much, work has me working slave hours and I've been exhausted.

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:05 am

The big man nods in agreement. "Let's! Understanding the terrain is always a smart move." Hearing about the Mink lightning attacks, he isn't fazed. "Good to keep in mind. My own Flail tends to freeze and slow people down some, so hopefully that will give him something to worry about."