Episode 1: Can I Call You Crewmate?

Many pirate crews take to the sea with all the same goal: To hunt down and claim the Pirate Kings treasure, known as the One Piece! Will your crew be the one to beat the other crews, avoid the navy, and find the legendary treasure?

Moderator: KrowsNest

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Re: Episode 1: Can I Call You Crewmate?

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Sat May 23, 2020 2:01 pm

Zed nods in agreement with the group, "I like the idea of distracting this bearded fellow and flanking him, by the looks of it Pepper is quite nimble Barnacle and I could serve as the focal point of Bluebeard's attention for long enough to allow you to flank him." Zed follows the pair to the general store to gather some much needed supplies.

"What do you think? Think we could get this guy to show his hand? If we can rattle him enough we'll be able to take him down quickly."
Last edited by Hungry Xenomorph on Mon May 25, 2020 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Mon May 25, 2020 1:33 am

Pepper tilts her head at them. "Your pal Barnacle looks big enough to hold Bluebeard's attention. I'm sure we'll think of something. I got no problem tiptoeing up and giving him the business-end of Brandon. Y'know, if there's a way."

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Tue May 26, 2020 12:21 am

"Oh I respect you too much to get upset about an off-hand comment, Pepper." He really is a good-natured fellow. "We're all competent and dangerous in our own ways, no need for a pissing contest to see who of us is the best at hurting people. Kind of a messed up thing, no? I didn't leave home for the high seas to cause people harm and pain. If I did, I'd be just like Bluebeard and his crew." He sharply cuts himself off, so he doesn't go off on a tirade. "Anyways, if we can stop Bluebeard then we can say every place we go we leave it better than we arrived. Now that would be a reputation I would be happy having."
Still loving your "Were-Furry" comment. That really puts an image in my head.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Thu May 28, 2020 3:24 am

"Hm, that's a goal I can get behind."

Pepper doesn't need to use her hands for the door. She grips the mechanism with her tail to turn it and leans into the door with her shoulder to push it open. She grips the bottom of it with the thumb of her foot to hold it open, and strums a triumphant cord, and calls out in a thick accent, "Gar-chu!" to the folks inside the store.
It reminds me of The Northern Incident just now. It's an animated short by Hotdiggedydemon. And Pepper was speaking athletically. She was just boasting about how she could run up a wall and jump off of it.

I have no idea who I'm gonna meet. I'm just rolling with whatever happens.

KrowsNest
Level 3
Level 3

Post by KrowsNest » Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:15 am

When Pepper makes her way into the shop, a man was slouched over the counter. The man was a larger human, with a bushy mustache and short black hair, as well as darker skin. He looked up and chuckled, "Yeah yeah, 'garchu'. What can I do for ya, Pep?"

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:32 pm

Pepper beams at the shop owner. She loves her nickname, but she looks a little pouty for a second when she sees no one else in the shop. "Yo, say hi to my two new friends and hawk your goods at 'em, Andre. These high rollers are looking to spend their savings!" She calls this out at the expense and/or chagrin of Barnacle and Zed, with a big monkey grin. She pushes back further on the door, leaning with it to give them room to walk in - or duck, as the case would be with the giant.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:44 am

The giant pirate gives a friendly wave of a hand, then carefully squeezes himself through the door and into the shop. His knees are bent and his back is heavily hunched, but he eventually manages to make a space for himself that isn't knocking anything down. "Barnacle. A pleasure."
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:31 pm

Zed makes his way to the friendly man and stretches his hand in a salute, "I am Zed, it is a pleasure to meet you." Zed retrieves his hand after the greeting and takes a look at the man's wares, "My friends and I need to restock our ship, we need food and water as well as other goodies, do you think you could help us out?"

KrowsNest
Level 3
Level 3

Post by KrowsNest » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:05 am

Sure, I got tons of foods and drinks. Pick how ever much ya need. Andre stated with a tired smile, Two sailors off to the ocean blue.. Definitely the era for it.

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:14 pm

"Oh, why's that?" Pepper calls out, oblivious to the news about Gold Roger.