Episode 1: Can I Call You Crewmate?

Many pirate crews take to the sea with all the same goal: To hunt down and claim the Pirate Kings treasure, known as the One Piece! Will your crew be the one to beat the other crews, avoid the navy, and find the legendary treasure?

Moderator: KrowsNest

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Episode 1: Can I Call You Crewmate?

Post by RorytheRomulan » Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:23 pm

Pepper tilts her head, confused by Zed's gesture, but nevertheless follows along and does exactly as he does. She greets familiar faces with a warm "hey, [Name]! Thank you, thank you so much, we'll all do our best" and so forth, and shakes their hands.

She will even reach out to take someone's hand and shake it if that person did not offer their hand. Monkey see, monkey do.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:59 pm

Barnacle follows along, towering above his two compatriots. Zed is taking charge of organizing the people, which he heartily approves of. One of the reasons they travel together is the synergy they've managed to attain. Zed always was better with being convincing and charismatic, with Barnacle providing the know-how and size to back him up. Pepper being involved is shifting that dynamic, and he's looking forward to seeing what kind of change that brings.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

KrowsNest
Level 3
Level 3

Post by KrowsNest » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:22 am

The men that offered to help were all ready to go with any plan that the party had. The others, made their ways back to their homes, claiming they would be ready to defend themselves if it was needed.

Altogether, there was only about 5 men willing to fight alongside.

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:22 pm

"So, Bluebeard's gang will reach this pile of goodies sooner or later. It is the lion's share of the tribute. Let's see..." She claps her hands together. "A-ha. We've got all this food and other stuff. What can we make with it? Can we set up booby-traps?"

"I know, we could pretend we want to celebrate his birthday with cake. I even have some candles. Then, whap!" She throws her hand up and slaps at the air, as if smacking an invisible piece of cake into an unsuspecting Bluebeard. Merely putting on this display appears to bring her some satisfaction. "But we probably don't have time to bake a cake... We should just group up and ambush them."

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:20 pm

Barnacle raises an eye at the idea of a booby-trapped cake. Would it have a giant spring inside to smack it into his face? Would there be explosives inside to stun Bluebeard? Well, if nothing else can be said about Pepper, she certainly is enthusiastic. "Right, keep it simple." He looks at the townsfolk helping them. "Do any of you have any fighting training? Or have gotten into a lot of fights, I suppose. That works too. Also, I didn't pack extra weapons, so what do you have on hand that you're comfortable using? Need to know what I'm working with."
Is this whacky-ness part of the charm of One Piece itself? I've seen only a little of it. Booby-trapped Birthday Cake?!? Hilarious.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:57 pm

It's kinda like that. Some of it is there for plot conveniences, like "Dials" basically being modern technology inserted into the setting. "Zhou" is a legendary settlement isolated on the back of a gargantuan solitary elephant wandering the oceans (it's where Pepper grew up). But people still behave consistently and reasonably. I thought that an idea like offering the ringleader a cake as a peace offering would be normal by itself, the "trap" would be having Pepper actually grab his plate and pie his face with his own cake to blind him.

But, having said that, a booby-trapped cake does have a chance if the villain would reasonably believe that the cake is harmless...

KrowsNest
Level 3
Level 3

Post by KrowsNest » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:36 pm

The 5 men that offered to help fight claimed they just had some basic farming tools; rakes, shovels, hoes, and the like. With that, they did claim they do not have real combat training, as none of them are actually warriors, just those not wanting their land taken granted for anymore.

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:24 pm

"Fair enough, my brave fellows." He scratches a cheek idly while he thinks. "Even if you can't directly confront the pirates like we can, you could help hem them in with the rakes and hoes, make it harder for them to break off and run away." He gestures to his old and new companion. "We take them head on, and then you line up between them and their ship. Make them face us rather than trying to skip town."

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:44 am

"Yeah, and try to stick together. Let's look for some places where we can hide."

Pepper uses her familiarity with the layout of the town to find some places near the crate pile where the party and the volunteers can wait unseen by Bluebeard's gang.
If there's an applicable skill/ability for looking for hiding places, I'd like a roll for it. Probably Investigation or Perception/Wisdom. I'm not actually hiding yet, so I don't know if Hide would count.

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:38 am

"A cake could offer enough of a distraction to allow us to make our move, even without the explosives." Zed ponders for a moment. "Pepper do you know if Bluebeard has any fondness for sweets? Would this be something that might catch his attention?"

Zed looks at the towns people, "I think Barnacle and I should take the front, we can handle melee and hand to hand, Pepper I would like you and the kind townfolk to take potshot from range and cover our backs. I think that is a fair proposition, what do you think?"