Episode 1: Can I Call You Crewmate?

Many pirate crews take to the sea with all the same goal: To hunt down and claim the Pirate Kings treasure, known as the One Piece! Will your crew be the one to beat the other crews, avoid the navy, and find the legendary treasure?

Moderator: KrowsNest

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Re: Episode 1: Can I Call You Crewmate?

Post by ManWithDoor » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:56 pm

The pirate is savvy enough to understand the subtext below giving them a 'tour', but sees no reason to bring it up. Those of his vocation can be a hazard, so it just shows that this Pepper character is smart. A good trait to have. "A tour would be delightful, quite generous. Anything we could lend a hand to to help out? Many hands make light work, as they say."
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:37 am

Zed finishes his cup of tea and puts the cup delicately on the table, he turns to Pepper and gives her a grin, "That would be lovely, i think we both need a bit of land beneath our feet after our last voyage, thank you very much for offering, Pepper."

Zed makes a mental not to ask about this Bluebeard character, sounds like someone the crew can take out to gain some fame and favor with the locals.

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:58 am

The monkey nods to Zed and runs a fork through a fold in the dish towel, which she almost absentmindedly taps her chin with. "Hmmm. Maybe. If you mean getting this place in order, that's up to the boss lady."

She gives Nico a look for confirmation on this, and puts the dish towel down to peel her banana open and take a bite.

KrowsNest
Level 3
Level 3

Post by KrowsNest » Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:13 am

Nico walked to Pepper and swiped the dish towel from the counter, groaning. Pepper wasn't the BEST worker, but she was good enough. Nico didn't really have other workers aside from Pepper and Sadie, who always asked to help.

"If you want to give them a quick tour, go ahead."

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:33 am

"Thanks, you're the best Nico. You guys go ahead and have some fruit. I'll be back in just a minute." Pepper finishes wiping a plate. As she heads back into the back room to get some things, she does her best to hide a cute little fist pump.

When she returns, she carries a compass in one hand and a stringed instrument slung over her shoulder. She flips it open, points with her finger toward north, and then closes it and tucks it into the waistband of her skirt.

"Hope you guys don't mind a bit of music. It helps me focus. See ya later, boss. Listen to your mom, Sadie. I'll be back soon, ok?"

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:28 pm

"Thank you for the tea and you warm welcome." Says Zed as he adjusted his tie and stands up, he waits until Pepper is ready and follows her out of the building, "I do love the sound of music, Pepper."

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:20 am

Barnacle brightens at the prospect. "Well it's either that or we have to fill the silence with Zed and mine's droning and on and." He eyes the instrument with curiosity. "And music helps voyages. The time passes faster, and puts everyone in a better mood."
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

KrowsNest
Level 3
Level 3

Post by KrowsNest » Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:57 pm

Pepper would take the 2 out of the restaurant and into the town of Genshi, showing the two the town while playing her string instrument to provide some entertainment. The town did not consist of much; a few houses to fit plenty of people, the restaurant, a general store, a doctors office and what is presumably 'town hall'. In the middle of town was a stone well, probably to draw water at a more convenient location than out of town.

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:25 pm

"It sure does. I don't mind if you ramble on, I can listen and play."

Pepper takes her time showing them around. She begins her impromptu set by strumming "Apples and Bananas" at various tempos before she gets bored of the tune. No worries, it's a short rhyme for kids.

She plays "Roundabout" while asking them basic trivia about themselves - where they're from, who taught them how to steer a ship, how many brothers and sisters they have, their favorite fruit or vegetable. She asks to see their guns. She wishes she could sail a ship, she likes bananas, and she doesn't have a gun. If they don't answer, she moves right on to the next topic after a long pause.

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:43 am

The meters tall cyborg answers honestly, not much caring about keeping hush-hush on his past or present. He speaks enthusiastically about his engineering experiments, sharing pet theories in improvements to engine design as well as ship prow geometries. Worried he has lost the others in the jargon, he latches on to something Pepper told about herself. "Not a huge user of guns myself," he admits. "Nothing moral about it, just that most of them are tiny in my hands. Never got the real hang of it. Much prefer a nice hard piece of iron to keep things peaceful. Hard to get any work done if there's constant brawling around."