Episode 1: Can I Call You Crewmate?

Many pirate crews take to the sea with all the same goal: To hunt down and claim the Pirate Kings treasure, known as the One Piece! Will your crew be the one to beat the other crews, avoid the navy, and find the legendary treasure?

Moderator: KrowsNest

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Re: Episode 1: Can I Call You Crewmate?

Post by ManWithDoor » Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:38 pm

Barnacle laughs at the little girl's enthusiasm. "Oh, never met a cyborg before? Let me show you something." He makes a play pantomime of shushing her, then makes a series of gestures and his chest compartment opens up. "Ta-da!!! I can hold all sorts of stuff in here." He pulls out various useful tools and shows them off. "Pretty cool, yeah?"
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

KrowsNest
Level 3
Level 3

Post by KrowsNest » Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:03 pm

Sadie's face slowly widened into pure amazement, a sparkle in her eyes as she stared at the tool compartment, "A hidden cupboard!!"

"Sadie, don't yell." Nico poured herself a cup before taking a drink, "... Not sure we can help with that kind of thing. Not many people want pirate life now adays."

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:19 pm

Zed pours himself a cup of tea, he is slightly annoyed at Nico being so uncouth, he takes a sip of the tea and makes a show of savoring it. "This is quite good." He puts the cup back on its saucer before continuing on. "That is a shame, a shame indeed, i am sure we can still get supplies though."

KrowsNest
Level 3
Level 3

Post by KrowsNest » Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:09 pm

"Yeah, there is a shop. You can buy your supplies and leave." Nico stated bluntly before washing the now empty coffee pot. Sadie pouted and looked at the two, "You hunt treasure?"

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:28 am

Barnacle keeps up the conversation with the child. "Got it in one! Treasure-seekers and adventurers, that's us in a nutshell." He sighs. "But we do have to check out that shop and buy the supplies. As nice as you all are," letting pass the fact that only Sadie has been friendly and welcoming to them, "we don't plan on setting down roots here. Our life is on the water, not the land."
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:23 am

A humming of a tune to a common kids' song about fruit fades into hearing, and a monkey girl walks into view from the back, and she trails off of humming when she notices the Zed and Barnacle, especially the 10-foot-tall man of steel, and stops mid-stride and gawks at them, not sure what to make of them. She glances carefully between the newcomers and Sadie with the basket of fruit before stepping up to make an introduction. When she comes out from behind the counter, the wicked-looking gauntlet she wears on her left hand becomes visible.

"Heya, you're the newcomers then? I'm Pepper." She smiles. "I helped put together that fruit basket. You're not hungry, then? No problem!"

She takes a few wary steps close and grabs two bananas from the basket.

"I didn't hear any commotion," she continues, peeling one of the fruits. "Then again, I remembered that business doesn't pick up until much later, so I figured I'd better come out and hang around just in case somebody felt like causing one. Anyway what brings you out to our nowhere island?" She takes her first bite out of the banana.

The monkey girl is a chimpanzee-morph with yellow eyes that match her fine golden-brown fur, which fades down to bareness near her hands, feet, and face, as well as her tummy and chest. She wears a tribal skirt and a shoulderless low-cut top that hugs her chest, and shiny golden and silver jewelry - bangles, bands, waist chains, and a gold necklace. She keeps her red hair long and loose, bangs and all, with the back gathered in a ponytail. At this close, it smells of a blend of coconut and vanilla.

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:13 pm

Zed gives a slight bow to the new comer and a smile, "Charmed I am Zed and this is my friend Barnacle, i thank you for your hospitality, it has been a most welcomed event."
Rory created a female version of Sips but with a gauntlet instead of a cursed hand. Nice!

If you don't know what i am talking about watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1H-1WJtuzPg

KrowsNest
Level 3
Level 3

Post by KrowsNest » Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:21 pm

Sadie giggles when the Mink takes bananas from the basket. Nico, letting out a sigh as her employee stepped out into view, handed a wash towel to the mink and moved her to the sink, "They're here for supplies. Meanwhile you can finish the dishes off. I need them finished before... Bluebeard arrives for his stuff."

Sadie's happy demeanor faded away into slight sadness, "Mommy, why?"

Nico just ruffled her childs hair, "Don't worry. It's the adults problem."

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:05 pm

Barnacle puts away his tools and closes up his chest compartment. He gets up to greet the Mink. "Great to meet you, Pepper!" He is quite enthusiastic, especially after having to labor for even mild friendliness from 'Mommy'. "Yes, here for supplies, and in general building a crew for adventuring and treasure hunting. You know, good pirating." His grin practically splits his face.

His ears perk up though at the mention of the adult problem going on. Sounds like a protection racket, bilking the locals out of their hard earned food and resources.
I love Dingo Doodles!!!

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:37 am

"Well, you-teia are welcome," she replies to Zed in a different manner of address, and gives him a nod. "Garchu!"

"Diddums, I can't take a break either." Pepper whooshes her hair with a strong breath, and takes the dish towel on her arm. She downs the rest of the banana she was peeling and wraps her tail around the other one to hold onto it, and slides the gauntlet off of her hand.

She squints at Barnacle's mention of pirating, but smiles again. Are they really pirates? It must be a cover... "Good! 'Supplies' is much better than 'trouble'. Guess I can put this bad boy away for now," she says, heaving her gauntlet a little to emphasize it. "Stick around while I finish up and who knows, I might give you guys a tour." Or keep an eye on them, more like.

She turns to Sadie and shakes her head. "It's just boring grown-up stuff. C'mon dumpling, you wanna help me dry off the dishes?"
Oh cool, I've heard Dingo in some of Puffin's videos. I should check that channel again. That was a cool video. And seriously a coincidence!

Krow, PM if my character knows anything about this "Bluebeard" problem.