Episode 1: Can I Call You Crewmate?

Many pirate crews take to the sea with all the same goal: To hunt down and claim the Pirate Kings treasure, known as the One Piece! Will your crew be the one to beat the other crews, avoid the navy, and find the legendary treasure?

Moderator: KrowsNest

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Re: Episode 1: Can I Call You Crewmate?

Post by ManWithDoor » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:11 am

The cyborg just sighs, and rubs his temples with one hand. "We're not here to raid your town. If there are welcome gifts being bandied about, I would love some coffee. But no need for bribes, we're not here to extort you." He spreads his hands, showing he doesn't have any weapons on him. "The name's Barnacle. Please to meet young Saddie so far. May I ask who you are?"
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:05 pm

Zed gives the angry woman his best smile, "The fruit is more than enough, we were never here to trouble your island, we are simply looking to resupply and maybe get a meal or two. My name is Zed, what might yours be?"

KrowsNest
Level 3
Level 3

Post by KrowsNest » Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:20 pm

The woman just kept Saddie close, keeping her eyes on the two, "Nico. I will give you coffee, but you two better not stay for too long."

With that, Nico went behind the counter and began making a brew of coffee, Sadie sitting on a stool and staring at the two.

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:39 pm

"Thank you for your hospitality." Zed sheepishly grins and whispers to Saddie, "is she always this mean?"

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:03 am

Barnacle tries to hide his laugh behind a fake cough, clearing his throat afterwards to try to sell it. "Yes, much obliged. Been seriously missing coffee while sailing."
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

KrowsNest
Level 3
Level 3

Post by KrowsNest » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:18 am

Sadie nods to Zed, trying not to laugh, putting a hand on her mouth. Nico meanwhile, was leaning on the counter, looking at the two, "So are you two not pirates? Sadie said she saw a pirate ship."

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:58 am

The pirate gives a shrugging gesture. "Sure, we're pirates. But there's a wide variety of types out there, although one never really can know ahead of time." He isn't offended by her comments, just a little tired of being lumped together as a monolith. "I'm more of an engineer and an adventurer. Sailing the high seas for companionship and wanderlust. I'm not saying we don't get in scrapes and missions of questionable legality. But I'm not interested in pillaging every home we come across."

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:13 pm

"Indeed we are, but we are not here to sack your lovely island, we merely seek to purchase supplies and, if lucky, gather some deck hands for our ship."

Zed nods reassuringly to the lady.

"Thank you for your hospitality, oh most gracious host."

KrowsNest
Level 3
Level 3

Post by KrowsNest » Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:33 pm

"Cut the crap, deer boy" Nico bluntly stated before pouring Barnacle a cup of coffee, putting it down in front of him. She crossed her arms and looked at the two again, "Two men count as a crew now adays huh?"

"Mama, look!" Sadie was patting Barnacle's metallic arm, "A robot!"

"Sadie, don't do that, it's rude." Nico called to the little girl, who quickly stopped and sat back down, "As long as you ain't part of that gross Bluebeard's crew, then I guess I can't be too angered. Just... don't stay long."

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:23 pm

Zed raises an inquisitive eyebrow towards the brash and rude woman, his smile never leaving his lips, "Indeed 2 are but the mere start of a crew, hence our current predicament."