Chapter 1: A Night to Remember

Night City 2022, the city is in flux, corporations are running rampant waging war in board rooms and stock markets, what started as politics as always has heated up to a boiling point and scrimmages are happening in the streets, as the end of an era quickly approaches uncertain times lie ahead.

Moderator: Hungry Xenomorph

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Re: Chapter 1: A Night to Remember

Post by ManWithDoor » Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:02 am

"Um ... ok, that's different. Not normally a mute I'd guess. Anybody a doc? Figure out if they did something to his vocal cords or something." He looks around the chop shop. "I mean, that would be dumb to shut off all modes of communication, right? Maybe he's broadcasting on some radio frequency or something? We got anything to start scanning the electromagnetic spectrum for emissions from this gear?"
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

BaoAlex357
Level 3
Level 3
User Class: Sharpshooter

Post by BaoAlex357 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:29 pm

Tojiro glances sideways at the Ripper, momentarily putting the vial down with significantly less fluid in it. He grins at the calming kid, "Yeah, please don't gremlin scream again. That was enough malfuctions for a lifetime."

He pats his pockets at the mention of scanning the kid to communicate, "Sometimes the best solution is low tech, neh?" He pulls out a small notebook and pen from his jumpsuit, "You want a drink or a nutri-bar, kid? It's been a rough day for us all." He clips the pen to the notebook and slides it across the floor to the youngster, cautiously letting the kid set the pace for proximity.
Rocket Age "Team E'ville" playtester

Graven
Level 4
Level 4
User Class: Rigger

Post by Graven » Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:12 am

Lia's voice remains low, and she looks at Xander, "Our 'ware took a hit, you got it worst. Likely not a story you want to share with the groupies" A hint of a smile has crept back to her face. For the moment there seems little danger and her normal state is reasserting itself. Hands are away from weapons, not that she thinks she'd need them.
Fantasy is the exercise bike of the mind. It might not take you anywhere, but it tones up the muscles that can. Of course, I might be wrong.
- Sir Terry Pratchett
I will always return
- Shinjo
Formerly Phlale

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:28 pm

The kid looks at the pen and pad on the floor for a second, unsure of whether to trust the group of strangers i front of him. He tentatively reaches for them, when he notices that no one makes a move towards him, he grabs the the pen and pad and scribbles something on to it. He flips it to show the group.

"AFBT 37-03" "Must locate Alt."

BaoAlex357
Level 3
Level 3

Post by BaoAlex357 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:38 pm

Tojiro shrugs at the scribbling, "None of us are Arasaka, mind breaking down the acronyms? I'm guessing that's where you were supposed to have been going when you got rocked. I doubt the doc really wants the attention of you calling a retrieval squad to his office, either."

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:45 pm

The kid looks at Tojiro and scribbles on the path, "No Acronym, serialized testing Identification Number AFBT 37-03, designation: Shadow Breaker, Objective: Locate Alt Cunningham.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:45 pm

Robert looks over the writing as well, but it doesn't mean anything to him either. "Yeah, you're going to have to give us more info, buddy. We're trying to help."
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Graven
Level 4
Level 4
User Class: Rigger

Post by Graven » Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:50 pm

"Alt Cunningham?" Lia looks around, then it clicks, "Damn, two Corps slugging it out and now this? Boys, I love you but we're not armed for this kind of thing right now."
Last edited by Graven on Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fantasy is the exercise bike of the mind. It might not take you anywhere, but it tones up the muscles that can. Of course, I might be wrong.
- Sir Terry Pratchett
I will always return
- Shinjo
Formerly Phlale

BaoAlex357
Level 3
Level 3

Post by BaoAlex357 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:56 pm

Tojiro smirks, "Almost an interrogation answer, guess you're a good little vat soldier. It's been hours, odds are your mission has been scrubbed at this point. Plus, I'm not going back into the combat zone for anything less than an unreasonable amount of eddies. We can drop you off at a rendezvous point far from the fight, make some calls for you if you want to defect or ghost the whole thing. Your choice."

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:04 pm

The Ripper doc looks at Tojiro and Lia, "I dont think the kid is a vat soldier, as you put it." He thinks for a couple of seconds. "Not at least if the rumors are true."

The kid points at the doc and scribbles something. "No retrieval team, must find Alt, take down Arasaka."