Chapter 1: A Night to Remember

Night City 2022, the city is in flux, corporations are running rampant waging war in board rooms and stock markets, what started as politics as always has heated up to a boiling point and scrimmages are happening in the streets, as the end of an era quickly approaches uncertain times lie ahead.

Moderator: Hungry Xenomorph

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Re: Chapter 1: A Night to Remember

Post by ManWithDoor » Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:39 am

Robert can handle himself well enough in most fights, but brawling definitely isn't his forte. And he's not about to shoot a friend, so the gun isn't an option. He similarly backs away from Xander, his posture wide and non-threatening. "Come on, buddy. We all just got EMP-ed or something and we're all feeling the hurt. Something went bad inside you too, and we want to help out. Take a deep breath, calm on down."
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

KrowsNest
Level 3
Level 3

Post by KrowsNest » Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:03 pm

Xander was constantly panting with heavy breaths, as if his lungs were working overdrive to get air inside. After a few huffs, he shook his head and charged at Tojiro throwing his arms at him to either tackle him down or to just swing punches. He had to hit something!!

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:26 am

Xander swings his fists wildly, adrenaline rushing through his brain, he tries to scream but his busted vocal cords can only manage a shriek. Tojiro tackles his boss into a couch they both land heavily shifty the couch back a few inches and knocking decorations in the process as Xander flails under him. Lia and Robert move to either side of Xander and hold him down as Tojiro removes the singer's mask and tries to show some downers from the party down Xander's mouth. After many tries Tojiro manages to force some pills down Xander's throat, it takes a few minutes for the pills to take effect on Xander, but once they do he is out cold. Robert and Lia release their grips on the now sleeping singer as Tojiro stands up cracking his neck and looking at the damage in the room.

Every electronic in the room is fried some are even shooting sparks wildly. On the other couch the kid weakly stirs once again, he reaches towards the wall, and meekly falls from the couch on to the white carpet below. He seems drained of energy and after dragging himself for a couple of feet passes out once more. A loud knock comes from the front door of the apartment.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:07 am

"Ah hell. Hope it's just the neighbors checking on everyone. If someone has already zeroed in to us, it's gotta be someone powerful and angry. Didn't actually intend to get on the wrong side of a Megacorp." The nomad keeps his pistol pointed at the floor, and sidles up to the door.

He tries to get some view of whomever is at the door. "Yes? Who is it?"
Does the door have an old-school peep-hole? If we only have a cam view, that's certainly shot. :P
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Graven
Level 4
Level 4
User Class: Rigger

Post by Graven » Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:48 am

As Robert moves to the door, Lia looks at the kid. She sighs and goes to move him into the bedroom, out of sight. "If they want in, delay a bit," she hisses.
Fantasy is the exercise bike of the mind. It might not take you anywhere, but it tones up the muscles that can. Of course, I might be wrong.
- Sir Terry Pratchett
I will always return
- Shinjo
Formerly Phlale

BaoAlex357
Level 3
Level 3
User Class: Sharpshooter

Post by BaoAlex357 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:37 pm

Tojiro nods at Lia, as he moves around the room, unplugging things and flipping off wall switches to whatever is sparking, "Last thing we need is to add 'everything is on fire' to the list of problems, neh?"
Rocket Age "Team E'ville" playtester

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:41 pm

The knock comes again, louder this, The voice on the other side is muted a bit by the thick security door that Lia had Xander install a few years back. "Pinche, cabrones, what the fuck is going on? Why isn't the door working?" The voice on the other side is unmistakable, on the other side of the door is Xander's manager, Juan King, "Are you assholes going to open the door? Or leave me out here with my thumb up my ass like a pendejo?"

Inside the apartment the group lets out a collective sigh of relieve. Robert opens the door manually for Juan who enters at once and stops halfway through as he sees the picture inside. "que carajo hicieron?" (What the fuck did you do?) He slowly walks into what looks like a scene from a bad horror flick taking everything in. He looks around and notices Xander passed out on the couch. "Que le pasa a Xander?" (What happened to Xander?), without an answer he moves forward enough to notice the body of the passed out kid on the couch. "Quien coño es este?" (Who the fuck is he?) he says as he points at the kid. "Can someone explain what the hell happened last night? I leave to get a contract signed in and everything goes to shit."

Juan takes a sit on one of the bar stools and reaches for a bottle of anything, his eyes glued to the scene as he gropes for a bottle. After a few tries he manages to grab one opens it and takes a swig without even looking at it.

BaoAlex357
Level 3
Level 3
User Class: Sharpshooter

Post by BaoAlex357 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:24 pm

Tojiro rolls his eyes like a petulant teenager, being far too young to be as too old for this shit as he feels tonight, the snark in his answer is pure vitriol. "Oh, just the usual, go to a seek rave in the middle of a fucking war zone, an hour before the fireworks start, nearly get blown up three times, collect all the unattended children in flaming wrecks, ya know, in case there's a blood sacrifice later. That was just from the party to the car, mind you. Then came the being tailed by a helicopter, and a high speed shoot out, while trying to bandage ourselves and Pertubator, then sneaking the kid through an op-for checkpoint. The kid who thanked us for not leaving him to burn, be shot, or scrapped for parts by goin' full gremlin; frying half the chrome in the room, and making Xander think his TV was talking shit, with the brilliant idea of me as the round two contender!"

Tojiro has fished a tiny control board from his tool bag, squinting intently at it through the faraday packaging, whispering "please be fine" to the piece, before calling louder, "For the love of Fuck's slutty grandma, someone help me get to the access panel on my arm?"

He turns directly to Juan, "Ya know, a quiet evening on the town. How'd the contract signing go? Let me guess, there were caviar and blowjobs?"
Rocket Age "Team E'ville" playtester

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:12 pm

Juan takes another swig of the drink, now identified as a Siberian Vodka, he takes a look around the room and shakes his head as he tries to wrap his thoughts around it, he pulls out his com and starts dialing before a thought pop in his head and makes him stop. "What do you mean the kid went Gremlin? How the hell did this kid cause this much damage?

Graven
Level 4
Level 4
User Class: Rigger

Post by Graven » Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:25 pm

Lia slides over to Tojiro, "Give me your arm and stop shouting." Working open the access she shrugs. "EMP? Virus? I think we all got hit, my gun is complaining." She gives her answer in the tone of someone who's used to having technical questions dealt with by others.
Fantasy is the exercise bike of the mind. It might not take you anywhere, but it tones up the muscles that can. Of course, I might be wrong.
- Sir Terry Pratchett
I will always return
- Shinjo
Formerly Phlale