Chapter 1: A Night to Remember

Night City 2022, the city is in flux, corporations are running rampant waging war in board rooms and stock markets, what started as politics as always has heated up to a boiling point and scrimmages are happening in the streets, as the end of an era quickly approaches uncertain times lie ahead.

Moderator: Hungry Xenomorph

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:00 pm

At once everyone checks the news feeds however they only get static, nothing is getting through which immediately strikes everyone as odd, around the group everyone is heading towards the exit not bothering with anything other than possible survival, the Perturbator crew are doing much the same as you, they are trying to gather information an device a plan for getting out here in one piece.

The building is once again violently rocked by something, it shakes and reverberates for a good couple of seconds before stopping again, once again people panic and push their way towards the exit screaming, a few unlucky souls have fallen to the floor and have been trampled by the panicking mass of people, the building shakes once more this time the epicenter seems to have shifted towards the side of the building, a loud whistling sound can be heard for a moment before the far wall of the building blows up into a million pieces, the streets are on the other side, you all look in disbelief as the answer to what is happening becomes apparent immediately. On the other side of the wall are soldiers strung about they have been launched on all directions by the tank that now sits in ruins in the middle of the street. You have been caught in the middle of a corporate skirmish.
I would like to welcome you to the 4th Corporate War, drinks are by the pile of corpses and the Canapes are somewhere on the second floor after the explosion.

BaoAlex357
Level 3
Level 3
User Class: Sharpshooter

Post by BaoAlex357 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:19 pm

Tojiro stares hard out the new exit provided by the skirmish, counting a few seconds in case of a follow up barrage, "New door! The van should be just around the corner!"

He looks around the cluster of the VIP wreckage, trying to spot other any Preturbator member or tag-alongs that look like they have combat experience, while rolling up the sleeve over his cyberarm. He shifts into NCO mode, he starts barking orders, "Tight line, 2 across! Robert on me. Lia, on our 6. When we cross that wall, we run, someone trips, you pick them up. Moving on 3!"
Rocket Age "Team E'ville" playtester

Graven
Level 4
Level 4
User Class: Rigger

Post by Graven » Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:26 pm

Lia switches weapons, plugging in the SMG as she moves. "Got it, keep your heads down." It's nice working with professionals.
Fantasy is the exercise bike of the mind. It might not take you anywhere, but it tones up the muscles that can. Of course, I might be wrong.
- Sir Terry Pratchett
I will always return
- Shinjo
Formerly Phlale

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:36 pm

Robert desperately looks around for his weapon, finding it had been jolted out of his jacket pocket and was now wedged into the seat of his chair. He picks it up, loads the chamber, and hustles to Tojiro's side. "Right. Best to start using our code names, especially if the Corps start hearing us. We get to the Van, cover me while I get it started, then load up and we're speeding out of here as fast as I can red-line the engine."

Slide tries to look competent with his pistol, but he has basic marksmanship training at best with it. His rifle is secure in the van, as people tend to frown if you're toting that around at a party. That's his real baby. With that in hand, he's actually dangerous.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:04 pm

Toiro's training immediately kicks in as he organizes the group of people everyone bunches up together behind him and Lia and Robert, the Perturbator crew follows suit, a couple of their gaffers producing some pistols from god knows where, they step up ready to defend the group, one of them steps up to Tojiro and says, "What do you think? Take a peek and assess the situation outside? We can't go out blind, but we need to get out of here soon, before the building gets hit again." He points to the other gaffer, "Get ready kid, looks like we are going hot." The group stays tight as they make their way towards the building's new opening, outside the fighting is fierce, Arasaka grunts push their way forward towards the front of the building as Militech soldiers give way, the street is covered in rubble and an Arasaka tank burns in the middle of the street.
Your van is parked on the other side of the building, which way do you want to go to get there? towards the front or towards the back and deeper into the city block.

BaoAlex357
Level 3
Level 3
User Class: Sharpshooter

Post by BaoAlex357 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:39 pm

Tojiro nods to the gaffer, while rapidly filling his pockets from what's left on the party table, though a discerning eye will notice he's only grabbing pain killers and heavy stimulants. "Call me Kōun. Keep your guns low, try not to look like you're worth taking off the field, neh?"

As they move to the hole, he takes a deep breath, glancing longingly towards the front of the building, and a high speed exodus from the frontline. "Ascia, think we can slip behind the line and sprint for the wheels? You know front action better than I do."
Rocket Age "Team E'ville" playtester

KrowsNest
Level 3
Level 3

Post by KrowsNest » Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:38 am

Xander adjusted a bunch of things on his instrument before holding his hand near the end, a shotgun launching out but the youth caught the gun. He hung the instrument, within its case, over his shoulder and followed the others. He just followed the rest of the group.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:30 am

Slide puts back on the goggles he was using when they were back at the show. The pistol stays in his dominant hand, while the other starts fiddling with settings on the side. The glass goes opaque, although sometimes different colored light shines out along the contours of the goggles as he looks all around them. The walls seem to hold as much interest as the doors to the man.
Start up my SmartGoggles. They have both Infrared and UV sight, if that gives us any insight as to the best way to the Van. If not, *shrug*. Tried to help.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Graven
Level 4
Level 4
User Class: Rigger

Post by Graven » Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:23 am

Ascia stops and listens for a moment, trying to gauge where the shots are heaviest. As she listens her smart gun system comes online.
Awareness roll was done in chat
Fantasy is the exercise bike of the mind. It might not take you anywhere, but it tones up the muscles that can. Of course, I might be wrong.
- Sir Terry Pratchett
I will always return
- Shinjo
Formerly Phlale

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Sat May 02, 2020 9:22 pm

Ascia peeks her head into the combat zone, the way towards the front of the building looks like an active war zone, shots ring out from that direction, and she slinks back behind cover. The opposite direction looks clearer, but the length of the city block might create issues because it is impossible to know what might hiding behind the next long intersection, the way ahead looks rough there has clearly been fighting on the alleys., the sounds of the fighting suggest that the combatants might be getting pushed back towards the club once again.

Robert's glasses allow him to see some people scurrying around in the alley across the street from the club, from what he can gather the people are moving away from their position.
Sorry for how delayed this has been, this new job i got has been kicking my ass and i've been exhausted.