Chapter 1: A Night to Remember

Night City 2022, the city is in flux, corporations are running rampant waging war in board rooms and stock markets, what started as politics as always has heated up to a boiling point and scrimmages are happening in the streets, as the end of an era quickly approaches uncertain times lie ahead.

Moderator: Hungry Xenomorph

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:44 pm

Quite happily Tanya schmoozes up to Xander, in an obvious bid for his attention, "Yes it is NITRO indeed. Say do you want to dance?" Across from them Robert and Tojiro talks to the gaffers they are all drinking and having a good chuckle about what happened earlier. One of them shaking his head while laughing says, "Industrious, that's one way too put it." His head tilting back once more as he laughs harder than before. Lia, being on duty, and careful stands by the side, checking everyone that happens to come anywhere near the VIP area. A young woman approaches the VIP area, she is obviously uncomfortable being under Lia's gaze, reaches Lia and tries to speak over the booming music. "Could i have an autograph?:

BaoAlex357
Level 3
Level 3
User Class: Sharpshooter

Post by BaoAlex357 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:39 pm

Tojiro eyes the ladies in the lounge as he breaks into a "war story" from his previous job. "Little agents of chaos, when I was deployed...." he intros the story about his EOD squad being called out for a suspected bomb and a rat chewing through a live wire, detonating the bomb while they're still gearing up in the parking lot. "We kept our fingers, had a laugh, the LT was pissed at the mountain of paperwork a 'on site detonation' generates. Flawless day!"
Rocket Age "Team E'ville" playtester

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:48 am

Robert stretches his wrists and yawns, dedicated to relaxing. He lets Tojiro take lead on "talking shop" with the other gaffers, taking the opportunity to lazily look around and really be off the job. His attention is caught when the young fan tries to talk her way through Lia. He watches with curiosity, wondering how this is going to pan out.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Graven
Level 4
Level 4
User Class: Rigger

Post by Graven » Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:28 pm

Lia eyes the groupie, then looks over at Tanya, "Not my party, but we can ask, what's your name, sweetie?" She doesn't bother to hide that she's sizing the girl up while reaching her hand out for something for the artists to sign.
Looking for any signs of weapons, explosives, the usual
Fantasy is the exercise bike of the mind. It might not take you anywhere, but it tones up the muscles that can. Of course, I might be wrong.
- Sir Terry Pratchett
I will always return
- Shinjo
Formerly Phlale

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:27 pm

The girl looks at Lea, sizing her up, and blushes a bit, "Eh.... my name is Ella." She stammers as she says it, obviously conscious of Lea's presence. Lea's inspection quickly determines that the girl is just a fan and has no weapons on her whatsoever.

Meanwhile Robert lounges comfortably taking the sounds and sights in, a much needed rest after a long day of work. Beside him Tojiro is on his feet motioning with his hands as he is getting to the climax of his war story, the rest of the gaffers are enthralled by the tale that he weaves. In front of them Tanya and Xander Stand up to go hit the dance floor.

Suddenly, the entire venue violently shakes knocking drinks and drugs into the floor, some of the people on the dance floor have fallen over and so did Ella, the music stops and the lights shut off. People start to panic, some are screaming others are running for the exits.

BaoAlex357
Level 3
Level 3
User Class: Sharpshooter

Post by BaoAlex357 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:00 pm

Tojiro pats through his pockets, pulling out the penlight he uses to check wiring, the thin beam of light sweeping across the VIP lounge, "Shit, anyone hurt?" He makes no move to join the crush for the exits, the Night City native far from spooked by a minor rumble and black out.
Rocket Age "Team E'ville" playtester

Graven
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Graven » Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:44 pm

Lia almost falls, but her reflexes keep her upright. A moment later the katana is in her hand and she's calling to the rest of the team. She sticks a hand out to Ella to help the girl up, not really paying attention. "I'm good, but that felt unfriendly." She's not currently threatening anyone, but she's paid to be on guard, and it's rare that people complain that she's overly vigilant.
Fantasy is the exercise bike of the mind. It might not take you anywhere, but it tones up the muscles that can. Of course, I might be wrong.
- Sir Terry Pratchett
I will always return
- Shinjo
Formerly Phlale

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:21 pm

Robert was lounging casually, actually too casually. He is flung to the floor and rolls into a wall, banging his head. "Ouch ... that really hurt." He rises after he gets his bearings, one hand holding his head and what will likely be a nice goose egg come the morning. "What is it? Earthquake? I don't think I heard an explosion or anything."
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

KrowsNest
Level 3
Level 3

Post by KrowsNest » Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:02 am

"WHERES THE CASE?!" Xander dove for his instrument case and held it close, clutching and looking around in the dark, "What the hecks going on, this aint rad at all!"

Graven
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Graven » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:35 pm

Lia moves toward the VIP entrance, determined to hold the choke point if there's a general riot. "Someone check the newsfeeds? If it's an earthquake or something, it'll be on there, if it's a raid..." her grip adjusts on the blade, and the other hand slips into the jacket to check that her guns remain there.
- Sir Terry Pratchett
I will always return
- Shinjo
Formerly Phlale