Chapter 1: A Night to Remember

Night City 2022, the city is in flux, corporations are running rampant waging war in board rooms and stock markets, what started as politics as always has heated up to a boiling point and scrimmages are happening in the streets, as the end of an era quickly approaches uncertain times lie ahead.

Moderator: Hungry Xenomorph

BaoAlex357
Level 3
Level 3
User Class: Sharpshooter

Post by BaoAlex357 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:53 pm

Tojiro hisses at Robert, "Hold up, think I see a kid." He pulls a chunky multitool from a pocket and extends a telescoping dental mirror, squinting intently at it as he raises it to peek in the small gap between doors. The hydraulics of his arm hissing softly as they pressurize, readying to jaws of life a door off the hinges.
Rocket Age "Team E'ville" playtester

KrowsNest
Level 3
Level 3

Post by KrowsNest » Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:18 pm

"Is it even safe? Either you get shot or the kid does, or even worst, both of yal get shot." Xander whispered to Tojiro, trying to stay out of firing range of... anything that could be there. He does though, at least look to see if there is a possible covering to use.
Perception i guess?

Graven
Level 4
Level 4
User Class: Rigger

Post by Graven » Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:59 pm

Ascia drops into a crouch beside Tojiro, scanning the area with her SMG. "Nobody gets shot unless I say so, be quick." Her finger sits away from the trigger, knowing the muscle is far slower than the thought she'll use to fire.
Also Perception
Fantasy is the exercise bike of the mind. It might not take you anywhere, but it tones up the muscles that can. Of course, I might be wrong.
- Sir Terry Pratchett
I will always return
- Shinjo
Formerly Phlale

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:11 am

Robert is still favoring his banged-up leg, so stays where he is leaning against the wall. He pulls out his pistol as well. He can at least provide cover should it become needed.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:33 pm

The group covers Tojiro as he approaches the overturned vehicle, behind him everyone is looking in every direction, tension fills the air. Tojiro pryes open the vehicle's door. A small 12 or 13 year old kid tumbles out of the back of the vehicle landing face up on the cold bloodied floor, immediately something seems off, the kid has been heavily modified with cyberware, so much so that most of his head is covered by wares many of which have odd plugs that Tojiro does not recognize. The kid's arms and neck are heavily bandaged and the bandages are caked with blood. Cables run from the cyberware somewhere into the back of the truck, Tojiro carefully unplugs the cables slowly, the kid twitches violently and lets out a soundless scream, convulsions overwriting his system for a couple of seconds before he passes out.

BaoAlex357
Level 3
Level 3

Post by BaoAlex357 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:27 pm

Tojiro stares in horror, "Who'd do this to a kid?" He recovers his wits and calls out to the group, "Someone, preferably big or a bad shot, come grab the kid! Can't leave him here." He turns his gaze to something he better understands, armored paneling. He forces the door open further, squatting down to attempt to disassemble or break off the hinges. He mutters to himself, "Mostly in tact, should stop small arms and sharpnel...."

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:08 pm

Robert limps over, he leg getting back to normal. He shuffles over to Tojiro to help out. Cyberware is one of his hobby interests, so he might know something of exactly how strange these implants are, and maybe how to help the kid.
Got a 12 on my Cyberware roll (only rolled a 2, *grumble grumble*). Do I know anything more, looking at the kid and what I can see of the inside of the truck?
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

KrowsNest
Level 3
Level 3

Post by KrowsNest » Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:52 pm

"Geez, the kid ok? That looks like a lot of tek for a kid so young. I think the most I've seen on a kid that young is like, stuff for a busted leg or something to help with ADD." Xander pointed out, looking over the kid, not as much as Robert since he was no doctor or professional, but the kid seemed in pain
Last edited by KrowsNest on Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:02 pm

Robert walks up to the unconscious kid, he inspects the cyberware and quickly realizes that whatever the cyberware is, it is well beyond anything he has ever seen before, Robert moves to look inside the truck, the inside is lined with computers and various apparatus that he does not recognize.

BaoAlex357
Level 3
Level 3

Post by BaoAlex357 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:15 pm

Tojiro handily snaps the head off the hinge pins with a minor effort, glancing between the hardware the kid was hooked up to and the limp form, "Either experimental or highly proprietary plugs. If it's for electronic warfare, it's shit against whatever hellfire rained down this street." He crouch walks around to the next door, "Take a door if it's not to heavy, who know what else we'll get caught in tonight."
22 Cybertech roll.