Chapter 1: A Night to Remember

Night City 2022, the city is in flux, corporations are running rampant waging war in board rooms and stock markets, what started as politics as always has heated up to a boiling point and scrimmages are happening in the streets, as the end of an era quickly approaches uncertain times lie ahead.

Moderator: Hungry Xenomorph

Graven
Level 4
Level 4
User Class: Rigger

Re: Chapter 1: A Night to Remember

Post by Graven » Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:11 pm

Lia looks at the Doc, "Rumours? What have you heard?" The kid's response causes her head to snap around in a way the team has only seen for random gunshots. "That's ambitious..."
Fantasy is the exercise bike of the mind. It might not take you anywhere, but it tones up the muscles that can. Of course, I might be wrong.
- Sir Terry Pratchett
I will always return
- Shinjo
Formerly Phlale

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:19 pm

The doctor clears his throat, "Well rumor has it that Alt is stuck behind the great barrier in the net, no one has seen her for a couple years, but her conciousness is still on the net behind the barrier." He shakes his head. "Tricky stuff to handle."

BaoAlex357
Level 3
Level 3
User Class: Sharpshooter

Post by BaoAlex357 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:22 pm

Tojiro sighs softly, "Shit, that sounds awful. Don't you have an access code or two we can use to sneak a bomb into a boardroom? Something simple like that."
Rocket Age "Team E'ville" playtester

KrowsNest
Level 3
Level 3

Post by KrowsNest » Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:29 pm

Xander just put his hands on his head and shook his head, groaning, "Whats even going on now... Arasaka? Cunningham? Corps?! I thought I was just gonna have an epic night of DJing the rocken-est party ever and instead we find a siren child who some kinda soldier?!"

Xander groaned loudly, "I think I need a drink."

Graven
Level 4
Level 4
User Class: Rigger

Post by Graven » Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:32 pm

"Pretty much," Lia looks at the kid, "So if, IF we were inclined to help you, what would you expect us to do?" A quick glance at the team, "And what would we get out of it?" Wheels turn, a reminder that Lia's a bit more than a pretty face and big razor.
Fantasy is the exercise bike of the mind. It might not take you anywhere, but it tones up the muscles that can. Of course, I might be wrong.
- Sir Terry Pratchett
I will always return
- Shinjo
Formerly Phlale

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:39 pm

The kid ponders for a moment. Quietly he scribbles on the pad, pleading.

"Please, no retrieval team, no more pain, no more hurt, need Alt to end the suffering."

He looks at Lia.

"Please help me, I give you access to Arasaka, creds, tech, weapons."

BaoAlex357
Level 3
Level 3

Post by BaoAlex357 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:05 pm

Tojiro takes a seat on the table he's being standing behind, "Easy, Alfie, we're not going to toss you to anyone you don't want to go with, that's just being decent people. You got any idea where to reach Alt at? Intel about what to expect on the way would be nice, too."

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:07 pm

Robert raises an eyebrow at how fast this is progressing. "Shit, man. I've got as soft a heart as anyone else, but damn. How are we not guaranteeing ourselves running forever for pissing off a Corp this much? Still tempting to do, I don't mind saying. But some planning seems in order, rather than just grabbing some tech and access cards, and hoping for the best."
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

BaoAlex357
Level 3
Level 3

Post by BaoAlex357 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:17 pm

Tojiro nods at Robert, ticking things off on his fingers, "We're going to need a target destination, intel on what to expect on the way, probably some serious gear because everything on the streets is FUBAR tonight, then we can start working an actual plan."

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:17 pm

The kid thinks his shoulder slump a bit. Then scribbles something on the pad. "Need to get through barrier. Cannot brute force a way in. Arasaka abandoned Alt there after causing schism."