Chapter 1: A Night to Remember

Night City 2022, the city is in flux, corporations are running rampant waging war in board rooms and stock markets, what started as politics as always has heated up to a boiling point and scrimmages are happening in the streets, as the end of an era quickly approaches uncertain times lie ahead.

Moderator: Hungry Xenomorph

Graven
Level 4
Level 4
User Class: Rigger

Re: Chapter 1: A Night to Remember

Post by Graven » Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:17 pm

Lia slips out, scanning the area as she does, "Thanks, Doc, I'm sure we'll see you again."
Fantasy is the exercise bike of the mind. It might not take you anywhere, but it tones up the muscles that can. Of course, I might be wrong.
- Sir Terry Pratchett
I will always return
- Shinjo
Formerly Phlale

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:35 pm

"I'm sure you will, as long as you don't get yourselves killed."

The group piles back into the van and head back towards Xander's apartment. The kid sits at the back quietly looking outside a look of wonder on his face, the illusion only ruined by the absurd amount of cyberware covering his face. He writes some thing on the little notepad and hands it to Lia.

The note simply days "Thank you."

Graven
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Graven » Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:51 pm

Lia reads the note twice before handing it off to the others, she opens her mouth, as if to speak, closes it again, then smiles "You're welcome, we'll try to avoid being the bug on the windshield."
Fantasy is the exercise bike of the mind. It might not take you anywhere, but it tones up the muscles that can. Of course, I might be wrong.
- Sir Terry Pratchett
I will always return
- Shinjo
Formerly Phlale

BaoAlex357
Level 3
Level 3
User Class: Sharpshooter

Post by BaoAlex357 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:19 pm

Tojiro nods to the kid after his turn with the note, "You're not the only one to get screwed over by a corp. Thank you for the chance to actually get some payback for a lot of people."
Rocket Age "Team E'ville" playtester

KrowsNest
Level 3
Level 3

Post by KrowsNest » Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:18 pm

Xander sat in the back of the van, leaning his head against the inner wall of the vehicle. His head was still ringing a little bit and he was just trying not to collapse. He looks over at the front row of seats efore speaking his mind, "Thats cool and all but what the hell are we even supposed to do? I'm just a DJ man!"

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:49 pm

Robert tries to reach back from the driver's seat to give Xander a friendly punch on the shoulder, but he's definitely too far away and his arm just kind of flails in the air. "Oh come on, you're way more than a DJ. Maybe that's the perception of the public, but you've got skills beyond that. That's like saying I'm just a guy who can drive on roads without driving into a building."
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:02 pm

In the back Alex gets to work, picking up random spare parts and putting them together into a voice box for the kid after some trying he manages to puts together something functional, he hands it to the the kid who plugs into it and responds in a somewhat robotic voice "thank you, i can't remember the last time i was able to speak."
you are free to explore around the city if you'll like, do some shopping and what not, let me know where you want to go.

BaoAlex357
Level 3
Level 3

Post by BaoAlex357 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:11 pm

Tojiro shakes his head at Xander, "Nah, boss, you've got a trick or two in there besides a pretty mask to make up for the misfortune of not having these incredible looks," he grins as he gestures with his synthetic arm to the scars along the side of his neck and face. "Even if you were just a squawkbox, a bit of celebrity and loud makes a killer distraction and hell of a platform to announce the kill from. We lowly grunts," friendly nudges Lia, "really appreciate things that draw dangerous people safely away from where we're about to do something high velocity."

BaoAlex357
Level 3
Level 3

Post by BaoAlex357 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:02 pm

Tojiro smiles at the kid, "No problem, Alfie, glad you like it. Hey Robert, put some news on the radio, maybe we can figure out where not to party." Then he starts going through some of the bins on the storage rack, making an IED and 'battlefield expedient defenses' shopping list in his head.

Graven
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Graven » Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:13 pm

Lia flips on the radio, and then immediately dives in to help on Tojiro's shopping list. New and bigger firearms are near the top of the expansive and well researched list. "I know someone who might have some surplus gear. Good stuff, if we can afford it. I can call if anyone's interested."
- Sir Terry Pratchett
I will always return
- Shinjo
Formerly Phlale