Chapter 1: A Night to Remember

Night City 2022, the city is in flux, corporations are running rampant waging war in board rooms and stock markets, what started as politics as always has heated up to a boiling point and scrimmages are happening in the streets, as the end of an era quickly approaches uncertain times lie ahead.

Moderator: Hungry Xenomorph

BaoAlex357
Level 3
Level 3
User Class: Sharpshooter

Post by BaoAlex357 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:55 pm

Tojiro gives Robert a thankful smile, "Appreciate it, I'll start on with the pots if you want to trace wires? Fault dets are the worse, sometimes you get a delayed fire instead of total dud." He taps the synthetic fingers to their thumb with a soft clink, "I don't have to worry about the pots broiling fingers. With a bit of luck we'll be done before the after party gains traction."
Rocket Age "Team E'ville" playtester

Graven
Level 4
Level 4
User Class: Rigger

Post by Graven » Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:14 pm

Lia's experience with explosives is more of the "remove pin and toss around the corner" variety, so she doesn't bother to offer help. Leaning against the wall beside the door, she looks serious, "No parties until it's cleaned up," the façade breaks and she grins. "Except the one break, it was a good light show out there, I don't think anyone who didn't know better noticed."
Fantasy is the exercise bike of the mind. It might not take you anywhere, but it tones up the muscles that can. Of course, I might be wrong.
- Sir Terry Pratchett
I will always return
- Shinjo
Formerly Phlale

BaoAlex357
Level 3
Level 3

Post by BaoAlex357 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:55 pm

Tojiro nods to Lia, "Yeah, Xander didn't miss a beat, smoother than silk. I've been wondering about some fog machines to hang in the light rigs. The pyro smoke is hot, so it rises up, neh? The chem fog sinks slowly, so the lasers get a bigger canvas to flash through that'll last longer as the two switch places." He purses his lips thoughtfully, "Could look awesome with different colors between the two clouds, swirling past each other, then Xander get's a bit haze around his knees roiling into the pit, and we've got a backup in case something fails."

Tojiro raises his eyebrows questioningly at Xander and Juan.

KrowsNest
Level 3
Level 3

Post by KrowsNest » Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:50 pm

Xander, excited as usual, heads off stage to the backstage. Laughing in joy, he takes a seat, relaxing his legs and trying to catch his breath, "As usual, that show was wild!"

Xander popped open a drink and, lifting his helmet enough to expose his lips, takes a good long sip. He just let the others discuss their business shit, which he honestly didn't pay attention to alot.

"Hey, as long as it's just as awesome, I'm alright with it!"

silverfoxdmt73
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Former Company Man

Post by silverfoxdmt73 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:46 pm

"So long as it sells tickets, and works... Then I'm all for it." Juan says, calming down a little..

BaoAlex357
Level 3
Level 3

Post by BaoAlex357 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:55 pm

Tojiro shifts from pacing to settling onto an available seat, "If everything always went perfect, I wouldn't play havoc with metal detectors. Just got to figure out what went wrong, and how to keep it from happening again, neh?"

He settles in, slowly relaxing after the stress of botched pyro, turning his attention to Perturbator's set.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:51 am

"I'm with you on that." Robert relaxes again after the moment of tension has passed. "I may be a fiend behind the wheel, but the car doesn't fix itself. Have to diagnose problems, fiddle with solutions, and hope the whole thing stays together when it truly matters."
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:00 pm

Time slips away as Perturbator finishes their and walk off the stage, the atmosphere is electric and people are filing out through the exits, hyped up for the night ahead, backstage the mood was slightly different, it was time to work, on cue a small army of gaffers and stage hands start packing up the equipment and breaking down the scaffolding that made up the large stage.

The group is on the green room packing up and getting ready to leave when there is a knock on the door. Lia opens the door as she normally does while taking care of Xander, on the other side i a skinny girl in her mid 20's, she is wearing business attire and her heart shaped face is perfectly complemented by her short haircut. She hesitates for a second before saying, "Oh.. uhm... Ms.Tanya would like to invite Mr. Xander to a party." She looks down for a second, before handing Lia an envelope, turning around and leaving without saying another word. Inside the envelope there is a data chip, it has no markings on it's smooth surface.

BaoAlex357
Level 3
Level 3

Post by BaoAlex357 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:21 pm

Tojiro chuckles as he grabs a few tools and a voltmeter to sort out the pyro problem, "Five Eddies says the public party invite turns into a 'private' party before 3AM." He pauses at the doorway, gaze sweeping a full arc before stepping out into the tear down bustle.

"Leave the pyro as is, Robert and I'll handle it," he calls out to the crew.

Graven
Level 4
Level 4
User Class: Rigger

Post by Graven » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:36 am

Lia gives the chip a quick visual inspection, before showing it to Xander, "You want me to slot this or are you afraid I'll see something?" She's not an expert on cybersecurity by any means, and they all know it, physical security is her job.
Fantasy is the exercise bike of the mind. It might not take you anywhere, but it tones up the muscles that can. Of course, I might be wrong.
- Sir Terry Pratchett
I will always return
- Shinjo
Formerly Phlale