Chapter 1: A Night to Remember

Night City 2022, the city is in flux, corporations are running rampant waging war in board rooms and stock markets, what started as politics as always has heated up to a boiling point and scrimmages are happening in the streets, as the end of an era quickly approaches uncertain times lie ahead.

Moderator: Hungry Xenomorph

KrowsNest
Level 3
Level 3

Post by KrowsNest » Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:30 pm

Xander, having packed his instrument into its case and everything, glances at Lia before getting a full look at the chip, "Slot it. No idea what it could be!"

Graven
Level 4
Level 4
User Class: Rigger

Post by Graven » Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:50 pm

Lia shrugs, pulling a pocket computer out from under her jacket. "I assume it's just an invitation, but just in case it's something private, I'll turn the volume up a bit," She flips open a protective tab and slots the chip.
Fantasy is the exercise bike of the mind. It might not take you anywhere, but it tones up the muscles that can. Of course, I might be wrong.
- Sir Terry Pratchett
I will always return
- Shinjo
Formerly Phlale

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:50 am

Robert tries unsuccessfully to hide a mischievous grin as Lia turns up the volume. He starts the pyrotechnics inspection, strategically staying close enough to see and hear anything particularly salacious that might occur.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

BaoAlex357
Level 3
Level 3
User Class: Sharpshooter

Post by BaoAlex357 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:36 pm

Tojiro works his way across the stage, grasping the undetonated pyro in the mechanical hand, carefully removing the igniters before capping the pot. Once the pyro is secured, he turns to testing the igniters and working his way up the wiring system.
Rocket Age "Team E'ville" playtester

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:10 pm

As Tojiro works his way under the stage and follows the wiring from the detonator it becomes immediately clear what caused the problem. Rats had chewed through the wires disconnecting the firing mechanism. Carefully Tojiro collects the un-exploded charges and disarms them while Robert helps by collecting the wires.

Meanwhile in the green room Lia slots the data chip into the her computer, a hologram appears and a cheesy chime sounds off as the hologram picture informs the group that they have been invited to a private after party by the members of Perturbator, below the text there is a map to where the place is located, by the looks of it the locale seems to be a community laundromat, which is odd. In small print below the image a line of text reads: "Number 24. 829324."

Afterwards the message disappears and the data chip deletes itself.

BaoAlex357
Level 3
Level 3

Post by BaoAlex357 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:14 pm

Tojiro unleashes a stream of multilingual obscenities, cursing rats, buildings, wires, and especially buildings infested with wire eating rats. He taps his headset, "Hey Robert, I found the break, something chewed through the wires. We're clear for full tear down." He packs the charges into a crate and heads back to the green room.

Graven
Level 4
Level 4
User Class: Rigger

Post by Graven » Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:13 pm

"Underground party, ok, that's pretty standard, you think I should change into something brighter? Maybe the blue and white top?" Lia taps her personal computer off and drops the chip into her hand, turning to Xander, "You want this as a keepsake?" She's grinning widely through the question.
Fantasy is the exercise bike of the mind. It might not take you anywhere, but it tones up the muscles that can. Of course, I might be wrong.
- Sir Terry Pratchett
I will always return
- Shinjo
Formerly Phlale

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:03 pm

Robert shakes his head at the ridiculousness of it all. "Freaking rats? Industrious little bastards. Maybe we should look in to getting a Band Cat or something. Would be worth it in the long term."
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

KrowsNest
Level 3
Level 3

Post by KrowsNest » Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:05 pm

"Might as well." Xander took the chip and put it in his pocket, "Parties are always fun, anyway!"

BaoAlex357
Level 3
Level 3

Post by BaoAlex357 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:13 pm

"It's your van, and I'm calling not it on the litter box," Tojiro chuckles. "A cramped, sweaty party sounds loads better than waiting around here for the rats to chew into a live wire and burn the place down. Sooner we're out of here the better."