PUBLIC Journal entries increment Forum count

This forum is for descriptions of new site features and information about the site in general. This is also the place to discuss new site ideas.
Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

PUBLIC Journal entries increment Forum count

Post by Brennor » Tue Nov 18, 2003 2:39 am

As per a suggestion that Jack made and Joni seconded, I have made it so that creating PUBLIC Journal entries (the default type of Journal entry), the post count indicator here in the Forums will increment.

Similarly, if you delete a PUBLIC Journal entry, your post count indicator will be decremented.

There is still a problem with the formatting of the Journal entries right now, I'm going to work on that next.
Last edited by Brennor on Thu Apr 22, 2004 3:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[url=telnet://brennor.dyndns.org:1896]Akarian Dawn MUSH[/url]
SRGC v0.22: SR2+++ SR3++ h+ b+++ UB+ IE+ RN W+ dk+ ri+ ad+ m+ gm+ M- P+

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Journal entries are not found by Forum searches

Post by Brennor » Tue Nov 18, 2003 2:43 am

I should probably have mentioned that by putting this hack into place, the Forums won't necessarily be able to find *EVERY* post that a person has been credited for.

Currently, searching for every post someone has made (go to their profile and you'll find an option for it) only searches in the Forums for the nickname. Eventually, I'll probably make it so that the Forums can find other types of posts as well (especially if I decide to credit comments too)... ;)

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Re: PUBLIC Journal entries increment Forum count

Post by Brennor » Tue Nov 18, 2003 2:48 am

I should also mention that the totals shown in the footer of the Forums main page, I've left alone for now. Currently that number only shows the total number of posts contained within the Forums section...

I haven't decided what to do about that yet. I'll probably end up integrating things more tightly eventually, but that is down the list of priorities a bit still.