Chat available as a module now!

This forum is for descriptions of new site features and information about the site in general. This is also the place to discuss new site ideas.
Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Chat available as a module now!

Post by Brennor » Tue Dec 02, 2003 8:48 pm

Hey All!

Been quite a while in the works, but now you'll see a spiffy new Chat selection in your modules block.

There are still some oddities with the module, but the basics are in place. I haven't tested other rooms yet, but for now the Lobby will suffice for chatting purposes.

If you see anything really weird while you are using it, let me know and I'll try to fix it. Also let me know if there are other things that could be done to it.

A quickie overview:
Hit Chat in the modules block to the left. Then hit the "Enter the Chat" link on the next page that shows up. This'll actually put you into the chat. You can change your chat color by clicking on the spectrum below the text input box. This'll make the square to the right of the spectrum change to the selected color. Click that square to change your color. Part of the way that this chat module works is by almost continuously downloading from the server, so you may notice that your throbber keeps moving while in chat. This is expected. I haven't quite figured out what the timeout is with the chat yet, but if you see anything *REALLY* wacky, you might wanna hit the logout link and then reconnect to the chat.
[url=telnet://brennor.dyndns.org:1896]Akarian Dawn MUSH[/url]
SRGC v0.22: SR2+++ SR3++ h+ b+++ UB+ IE+ RN W+ dk+ ri+ ad+ m+ gm+ M- P+