Need some art

This forum is for descriptions of new site features and information about the site in general. This is also the place to discuss new site ideas.
Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Need some art

Post by Brennor » Tue Mar 23, 2004 9:20 pm

Hey everyone,

I just posted a submission by WorldEater (thanks!) to the homepage of the site (the little blurb about GURPS 4th). I didn't know it was coming out, so I figured I'd post it.

However, the only story icon I've got right now is for PHP-Nuke related stuff (the little bomb icon).

So, what I'm looking for is some more icons that are same size (or look good when reduced to that size) that I can use for news items such as these.

Something with just an RPG News or something like that in picture format would work well.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Also, feel free to use the "Submit Story" link in the modules block to submit things you come across (you can also use this for submissions to content pages -- just specify that somewhere that I'll see it). You never know, you might end up on the front page of the site! ;)

Thanks again for the submission, WorldEater.
[url=telnet://brennor.dyndns.org:1896]Akarian Dawn MUSH[/url]
SRGC v0.22: SR2+++ SR3++ h+ b+++ UB+ IE+ RN W+ dk+ ri+ ad+ m+ gm+ M- P+

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Tue Mar 23, 2004 9:27 pm

You may consider putting those things at the top of the page, te Todo list doesn't change much, and those "Story" or News boxes might change more and being at the bottom could get missed. Anyhow, just an idea, not sure how hard it is to rearrange the page layout.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Re: Need some art

Post by Brennor » Tue Mar 23, 2004 9:37 pm

Vardaen wrote:You may consider putting those things at the top of the page, te Todo list doesn't change much, and those "Story" or News boxes might change more and being at the bottom could get missed. Anyhow, just an idea, not sure how hard it is to rearrange the page layout.
Heh.

Yeah, good idea. In fact, I was just working on copying the stuff outta the messages.

I'm going to make both of those sticky topics. The TODO list will go into Site Information. The Areas list will go into Site Ideas.

The layout of the News module is a PITA (handles messages and news items). What I'm going to do is no long use that for non-expiring entries (which is what the TODO & Areas lists are). I'll still put expiring entries up there (and I'll use a timeout of a month or less on them).

Part of the reason I didn't do anything about it before, was that I wasn't planning on using the news module for anything other than the messages.

But, I like the idea of having RPG industry style News items on the homepage, so I'm changing that approach now.

Any further ideas, keep 'em coming. Good stuff! :)
[url=telnet://brennor.dyndns.org:1896]Akarian Dawn MUSH[/url]
SRGC v0.22: SR2+++ SR3++ h+ b+++ UB+ IE+ RN W+ dk+ ri+ ad+ m+ gm+ M- P+