Orvost
Level 9
Level 9
User Class: Inquisitor

Re: Personal Log (OOC)

Post by Orvost » Fri May 08, 2020 4:22 pm

Shurijo wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 10:01 pm
I don't think Security Department Heads become ship captains - at least I feel like I read that somewhere in the player's guide.
The players guide says that most captains are drawn from the Helm and Navigation branches. This is probably true for Galaxy Exploration Command ships. I think science and research vessels probably have captains drawn from the science and medical branches. For captains in the Merchant Marine Command, I think a security background would be valued. In other words, I wouldn't rule out the possibility of commanding your own ship based solely on your service branch.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Fri May 08, 2020 4:40 pm

Thanks for clarification. I don't think we'll make it far enough to get our own ships, so the captain goal was more IC motivational goal.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Thu May 21, 2020 5:08 am

How goes Character Creation for everyone else? :)
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Orvost
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Orvost » Thu May 21, 2020 4:39 pm

ManWithDoor wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 5:08 am
How goes Character Creation for everyone else? :)
We have your Engineer and Shurijo's Navigator. I'm waiting to hear from V. Still open to other players.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Thu May 21, 2020 8:41 pm

I still need to fix some points. I'll try to get to that this week.

Orvost
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Orvost » Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:44 pm

The other player has decided to back out. Unless anyone else wants to climb aboard, it's just the two of you. I'm okay moving forward with two players if you are.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:42 pm

I'm still in. And we can always put out another Call on the Interests Forums to see if there are any others interested. But I'm happy to proceed as-is regardless.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Orvost
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Orvost » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:21 am

Alright, the game has started. If you wish, please post an introduction to your character with (or without) a picture in the Captain's Log. The prelude thread opens with your Cadet Cruise assignment.

Your characters have high stats, high skills, and impressive academic backgrounds. Your assignment to Colonial Operations Command probably comes as a shock, and maybe a disappointment.

Your introductory post can include your reaction to your assignment, and/or your arrival at Star Base 11, where you will find the Pas-de-Calais hasn't arrived yet and you will have a few days to carouse or streetwise your way around the station, or just keep to yourself.

Orvost
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Orvost » Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:20 am

Orvost wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:21 am
Alright, the game has started. If you wish, please post an introduction to your character with (or without) a picture in the Captain's Log.
Correction: Please post your character's introduction in the new Duty Roster thread.

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:27 am

You seem short on active players. Mind if I join?