Chapter 2A: The Future of the Force

After Order 66, few Jedi dare to venture outside the shadows—rumors of the dark and terrible Darth Vader haunting even their waking moments. Yet, some Jedi find this life of fear unbearable. The Empire is always watching, and Vader himself is eager to confront any Jedi that might bring him closer to the whereabouts of his betrayer, Obi-Wan Kenobi.
Post Reply
User avatar
Muskrat
Level 20 Elite
Level 20 Elite
Posts: 9850
Location: The Secret Places Beneath the Earth
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Chapter 2A: The Future of the Force

Post by Muskrat » Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:51 pm

"Thanks," says Shoshannah. "Just a minute." She quickly searched their bodies, looking for any sort of communicator they might carry--and that she and Manh might be able to listen in on.

User avatar
Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Posts: 13651
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Chapter 2A: The Future of the Force

Post by Shurijo » Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:35 pm

From Shoshannah's experience with the Grand Army of the Republic, she knows exactly where to look for their communication gear. Taking off one of the clones helmets, she takes a second to look at the face she's seen hundreds of times. Even though each of the clones were exact physical replicates, the Jedi had taught them how to be individuals and, at least to most Jedi, each individual clone looked and felt distinct from the others. Putting the helmet over her head, she can hear the various patrols reporting into the main base along with other squad transmissions indicating various sectors of the town being 'secure' and 'all clear.'

available if needed
Clone trooper armor (+2 Soak), 2 Frag grenades, Utility belt, Extra reload, DC-15 blaster rifle

User avatar
Muskrat
Level 20 Elite
Level 20 Elite
Posts: 9850
Location: The Secret Places Beneath the Earth
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Chapter 2A: The Future of the Force

Post by Muskrat » Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:28 pm

Shoshannah hands Manh the blaster rifle and one of the grenades, keeping the other for herself. "Let's try to avoid using our lightsabers if possible. The last thing we need is a manhunt for Jedi, since we're apparently enemies of this new Empire." She looks sadly at the clone. "It seems so strange they would just turn against us after we worked so closely with them, not matter what orders they got from on high." She stands up and says, "Let's go. These guys don't seem to have had a chance to report us, but the sooner we're out of here, the better."

User avatar
Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Posts: 13651
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Chapter 2A: The Future of the Force

Post by Shurijo » Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:41 pm

Manh looks at the blaster rifle and says, "I've never used blasters before. I've spent my entire life learning how to perfect lightsaber techniques."

The three keep to the shadows as they move through town. As dusk draws on the planet, the long shadows allows them to make it to the river without any other encounters. However, their repulsorcraft is parked next to other larger vessels used for fishing. Standing guard at the wharf, three Clone Troopers idles.
I added the Extra Reload to your char sheet, its a good thing to have. If you ever roll a despair on an attack roll, it could mean you run out of "ammo". Having an "Extra Reload," means you can avoid that effect so your ranged weapon doesn't become useless.

The clone troopers aren't "actively looking" for anything, so they'll get setbacks on trying to perceive you if you're stealthed. However, it would be near impossible to sneak complete by them since they are in your path.

User avatar
Muskrat
Level 20 Elite
Level 20 Elite
Posts: 9850
Location: The Secret Places Beneath the Earth
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Chapter 2A: The Future of the Force

Post by Muskrat » Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:29 pm

Shoshannah shrugs in response to Manh's complaint. "I never really trained to use weapons at all. We need to adapt."
Can I use Force Alter to try to conceal us from the clone troopers as we board our repulsorcraft?

User avatar
Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Posts: 13651
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Chapter 2A: The Future of the Force

Post by Shurijo » Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:47 pm

You could use Alter to change the ground the Clones are standing on into mud, so it would impair their movement, but they have blasters so they could still stand and shoot.
Looking at Shoshannah and Hedala, Manh says, "I'll draw them away." Then turning to Shoshannah, he says, "Get her to the craft and up river. Maybe they'll not notice the craft is gone. I'll make my way back through the jungle. Don't wait for me."

Patting Hedala on the head, he says, "Stay close to her and maybe she'll lead you to others who are special like us."

Then the young man takes off running away from the pair and back towards the center of town. A few moments later, you hear blaster fire coming towards the Clone Troopers on the wharf. The shots miss, but it's enough to draw them away from the area and towards whoever is firing. At a glance, it appears their route to the craft is safe for now.

User avatar
Muskrat
Level 20 Elite
Level 20 Elite
Posts: 9850
Location: The Secret Places Beneath the Earth
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Chapter 2A: The Future of the Force

Post by Muskrat » Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:33 pm

Shoshannah wants to tell Manh not to be an idiot and that they should stick together, but before she can say anything, he is off and running. "Come on," she says, grabbing Hedala's hand and hurrying to the repulsorcraft. Once they are aboard and she has the craft running, she looks back to assess the situation--whether the clones have noticed her and how Manh is faring.
Agility 2/ Stealth 1 or whatever other rolls might be necessary to pull this off.

User avatar
Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Posts: 13651
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Chapter 2A: The Future of the Force

Post by Shurijo » Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:02 pm

Going to just handwave it, they are far enough away that they are distracted
Shoshannah waits until the Clone Troopers are farther away from the wharf, and then takes Hedala safely to the craft. As the young girl boards the craft, she takes a seat on the deck and asks, "Will we see him again? I liked him."

Their journey back to Manh's campsite or the facility will take several hours. As the sun has already set, that means they won't arrive until early morning. As Hedala sits on the deck, her expression and body tells that she is already a bit tired and sleepy.
Since it's simple operation, there's no "drive" check. However, if you get into rapids or someone shooting at you, you speed up too fast/max speed, then we'll need to do drive checks.

User avatar
Muskrat
Level 20 Elite
Level 20 Elite
Posts: 9850
Location: The Secret Places Beneath the Earth
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Chapter 2A: The Future of the Force

Post by Muskrat » Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:03 pm

Shoshannah takes a moment before answering Hedala's question. "Maybe dear. The ways of the Force are mysterious. But probably not anytime soon." Suddenly, she face palms and then looks after the last direction she had seen Manh go in. She mutters, "You fool--you were supposed to be the one to bring back what we learned to Parek." Well, she would figure out some other way to communicate the information.

Once they have gotten out of sight of the clone troopers, Shoshannah lets the boat drift for a few moments as she takes a blanket out of her backpack, which she gives to Hedala. "You curl up and sleep, dear. I'll get us where we're going." Shoshannah herself uses Jedi meditative techniques to keep herself alert and awake as she cautiously steers through the night waters.

User avatar
Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Posts: 13651
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Chapter 2A: The Future of the Force

Post by Shurijo » Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:30 pm

As the two move up river back towards Manh's encampment and the destroyed facility, Shoshannah feels the abundant Living Force of the plants and creatures that surrounds her. She can also feel a slight coldness in the water which they are traveling over as some plants and lifeforms are diseased have decayed under their platform. However, she feels the new life is beginning to form and take shape. There are feelings of new energies from plants beginning to sprout and young schools of wildlife swimming near and under the surface of the river and on the banks of the river.
* * * * As the sun begins to rise, she sees facility's access tunnel ahead where Manh had stored the repulsorcraft to avoid detection. His encampment is about an hour away and can only be reached by hiking through the verdant forest. The access tunnels would take about an half-hour to reach the facility; however, the tunnel near the facility had collapsed under the blast. Overground, it would take a bit longer. Additionally, she remembers the numerous threats of the region including both the local wildlife of the large feline jungle panthers and the possibility of more Red Nitko clones.

Heldala has awoken and sits still peering out over the river and into the jungle. She looks excited to be going somewhere. "I've never been this far from town before. Do you live out here? Are there any monsters in the jungle? My parents told stories of shadows coming in the night to take children away. The taken children would grow up and become even darker shadows which would take more children from other worlds. How many other worlds are there? How many other special people are there?"

Post Reply