Chapter 2A: The Future of the Force

After Order 66, few Jedi dare to venture outside the shadows—rumors of the dark and terrible Darth Vader haunting even their waking moments. Yet, some Jedi find this life of fear unbearable. The Empire is always watching, and Vader himself is eager to confront any Jedi that might bring him closer to the whereabouts of his betrayer, Obi-Wan Kenobi.
Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:51 pm

Shoshannah goes very grave and pale as she researches the matter. Once she has dug through what she's found, she calls Parek and Manh over to her. To Parek, she says, "I think I know what's causing this. It's a virus known as the Blue Shadow. Everyone here should be dead, but ... Manh and I were exploring a, ah, facility out in the jungle and, based on the data we recovered from there, they were creating a weaker strain of the virus, probably for biological warfare. I have no idea if the people here got it accidentally or if it was released deliberately to test the disease. And I doubt there's anyone left to ask, because the facility was bombed. The possible good news is that ... well, the data we recovered is fragmentary, but it looks like they may have synthesizes a cure there as well. Otherwise, the only source of a cure will be on another planet, Iego. Parek, you stay here and keep tending to your people. Manh and I will go explore what's left of the facility and see if we can find the cure." She pauses. "I might not come back as I'm expecting a pick-up, but Manh is planning on staying planet-side, so he can return with anything we find. Also, Hedala is coming with me. I, ah, have reason to think the girl could benefit from my training and, as I understand it, she's an orphan now. I'll take her on as my ward."

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:21 pm

Parek is relieved when Shoshannah is able to find information about their sickness. However, he quickly goes to being concerned when she mentions a secret facility in the jungle and even more concerned when she mentions it being bombed.

Manh watches Shoshannah work with the tools and begin her research after collecting the data. As she explains the situations, he listens and then "Well, the research facility is now gone and there's no scientists or anyone else there. I doubt anything of use remains at that location after ... what we saw ..." The former Jedi doesn't elaborate on how or why the facility was destroyed. After a short pause, he asks ,"So does that mean it can't get any worse than it already is?"

The villager Parek answers, "The casualty rate was higher several months ago and now it's mostly some bad symptoms like blood in a cough and generally feeling weak." Looking at the blood scanner, he asks "Is this the virus' signature? I've never seen anything like this before. Can you tell if is it airborne, communal, or in the food?"

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:34 pm

Shoshannah turns to Manh and says, "Maybe there's nothing left there, but we still have an obligation to look. It's not wholly impossible something survived."

She turns back to Parek and says, "That's a good question. Let's see what we can find out." Shoshannah begins working with what data she has access to try to answer his question.
Intellect 4/ Education 2

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:21 pm

Recall that "The Blue Shadow Virus, in its natural form, was a waterborne virus."
Recall that "Parek said fishermen and fishmonger were first to die"
Manh nods in agreement at Shoshannah's comment about going back to the facility's site. "Sounds good. We're due for a ride there as well."

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:22 pm

After a moment's thought, Shoshannah says, "The virus is waterborne. And you said the first people to die from it were fishermen and fishmongers. I would tell you to keep people away from the water ... but that's not exactly practical. Be sure to boil the water and filter is as much as you can. People shouldn't be drinking straight river water or anything like that. And avoid seafood as much as possible."

She then gives Parek the best advice she can about easing people's symptoms with the equipment he has on hand, before turning to Manh and saying, "Alright, let's head back to the facility and see if we can find anything."

Last, she turns to Hedala and says, "Is there anyone you want to say good-bye to, dear? We probably won't be coming back here, so this is the time to do it."

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:23 pm

When Shoshannah mentions the water, Manh replies, "Maybe it was accidental leakage from the facility after they abandoned it and entered river as part of their waste. If so, then it might eventually fade away once it becomes more diluted. That also means they might have weaponized the full strength version in their lab."

The young girl shakes her head saying, "Nope."

Manh heads over to Parek and says, "If it's in the water, head her advice. If you have some water samples from weeks or months ago, compare those to today's samples and see if levels are lowering. You now know what to look for. So stay away from seafood until it gets to safe levels."

~ ~ ~

The two young adults and child say their goodbyes to Parek and exit the building. Looking through the streets, they spot a patrol of three Clone Troopers. Manh looks to Shoshannah and then to Hedala and says, "We need to get back to the river landing, so we can take the lift up river."

Glancing around, he asks, "I'm pretty sure we can take three clones, but for once, I'm not sure that's the best play with our new friend. There's probably another patrol or checkpoint at the river landing, so we may not have many options once we get there."

"Hey! I can take care of myself." Hedala responds, once she figures out Manh is talking about her.
attack - 3 clones
or
stealth - average stealth (2 purple/difficulty)

For all intents and purposes, Hedala will count as a "Jedi Youngling" for stats/dice - minus lightsaber equipment

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:26 pm

Shoshannah says, "Let's avoid any fights if we can avoid them--the less attention we draw to ourselves, the better."
Agility 2/ Stealth 1

Do I have any Light Side destiny points available? If so, I'll use to upgrade the roll.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:49 pm

Stealth checks

Shoshannah
skill: 1y 1g
difficulty: 2p (average)
total: ygpp
result: 2 advantage

Manh:
skill: 1y 2g
total: yggpp
result: 3 successes

Hedala
skill: 2g
total: ggpp
result: 1 failure

Manh spends 2 successes, to give 1 to Shoshannah and 1 to Hedala
This means: Shoshannah 1 success, Manh 1 success, Hedala 0 successes

The trio attempt to sneak by the three Clone Troopers, but their shadows give away their position. "You there!" Calls one of the troopers.

init
Clone Troopers MG (3) = yyg
result: 2 success, 3 advantage, 1 triumph

Manh = yg
result: 2 success, 1 triumph

Shoshannah = gg
results: 4 advantages

Hedala = gg
results: 1 success

Triumphs = +1 maneuver in 1st round

init order = Clone Troopers , Heroes

Man: Move from medium to short
Act: Move from short to to engaged range

"Show yourselves!" shouts the Clone Troopers as they walk over to the group. "Where do you think you're going?"

Man: Quick Draw
Man: Aim
Act: Attack, Lightsaber

skill: yyyg
difficulty: pp (melee)
extra: boost (aim)
total: yyygbpp
result: 2 advantages

Spend 2 adv to add Setback to Clones' next action

Manh mutters something undecipherable and then says, "We need to be quick."

"What did you say, civilian?" The trooper responds.

Reaching behind his garment, Manh quickly draws his double bladed lightsaber and moves to attack. His quick lunge doesn't do any damage to the troopers, but scatters them a bit.

Shoshannah, then Heldala

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:50 pm

"Oh, bloody hell," mutters Shoshannah. To Hedala, she whispers, "You stay back." She hangs back as well to protect the girl, firing her blaster at the clone troopers. There was no point in giving away that she was a Jedi as well if she didn't have to.
Attack with DC-17 hand pistol vs. storm trooper; Agility 2/ Ranged 0

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:00 pm

Shoshannah

Man: Aim (if you don't take a maneuver for something specific, I always recommend taking Aim as default since it adds a +1 boost die to your attack roll and that's better than nothing :) )
Act: Shoot

skill: gg
man: Aim = boost
weapon: Accurate +1 = boost
difficulty: short range 1 purple
total: ggbbp
result: 1 success, 3 advantage
dmg: 7 + 1 = 8
soak: 5 = 8 - 5 = 3

3 advantages = Crit. Your pistol has a 3 crit rating, so spending the 3 advantages on a crit is usually the best option. In situations like this (vs minions), a crit automatically removes 1 minion from the group

crit = 1 Clone down
wounds = 1 other clone takes 3 damage

I forgot that you don't have Quick Draw, so it would have taken you a maneuver to draw the pistol. Since I used Aim as your maneuver and I forgot about drawing, I'll just let it be.
Shoshannah draws her DC17 pistol and fires two bolts at the Clone Troopers. One bolt bounces off the laminate armor and causes the trooper to stumble. Her second shot strikes another trooper in a weak spot of his armor and incapacitates him.

Force power move
Force Rating: 1
ranged attack: short range 1 purple
skill (disc): yy
result: 1 darkside point (fails)
The young girl closes her eyes and reaches out with the Force in an attempt to hurl nearby debris at the troopers, but without training she fails to connect to the Force.

Clones attack

Clones atk
ranged heavy: ygg
firing into melee: ppp
man: aim
act: fire
total: ygg ppp
result: 1 failure, 1 threat

1 threat = suffer 1 strain

The two remaining Clones take aim at their closest target who's engaged in melee with one of the pair. Their shots go wide as Manh is able to quickly maneuver himself to avoid being hit with their heavy blaster rifles.

Man: Aim
Act: Attack, Lightsaber

skill: yyyg
difficulty: pp (melee)
extra: boost (aim)
total: yyygbpp
result: 4 success, 2 triumph

wounds = 6 + 4 = 10 ignores soak
All clones are now incapacitated

Manh turns and brings his double lightsaber down against the Clone Trooper. His blade cuts through the clone's laminate armor finishing him. With another twirl of his blade, he lunges at the last remaining trooper and pierces his armor with the lightsaber.

With all three Clone Troopers down, he deactivates his lightsaber and hides it under his clothing. The former Jedi grabs the feet of the fallen clones and drags them behind a vendor stand in hopes to not draw any attention to them.

Turning to the others, he says, "Nice shooting. We should keep moving."