Chapter 2B: Day Zero

After Order 66, few Jedi dare to venture outside the shadows—rumors of the dark and terrible Darth Vader haunting even their waking moments. Yet, some Jedi find this life of fear unbearable. The Empire is always watching, and Vader himself is eager to confront any Jedi that might bring him closer to the whereabouts of his betrayer, Obi-Wan Kenobi.
Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Othniel » Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:56 pm

Everything suddenly makes sense to Janos. The Chancellor, the clones, what AZI-3 had told him, the sudden loss of his Master. "I've got a bad feeling about this," he mutters, before tapping his own comlink. "I'll meet you there soon. There's something I need to take care of first. Uh, keep the engines warm."

Checking to make sure his own lightsaber was still tucked safely away, Janos makes his way over toward the young man causing the disturbance, intent upon intercepting the Devaronian peacefully.

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:24 am

The upstart Janos sees getting muscled out is a wiry near-human in Padawan robes, with pale white skin and white hair, a little on the short side. He looks no older than 16.

He grasps the bouncer's arm with newfound anxiety. He starts bargaining with the bouncer, saying whatever he can to remain inside the spaceport. "Wait, wait. I'll be quiet, just let me stay, please? I have business here, is there anything you need fixed? I need to get a shuttle offworld..."

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:46 pm

The Devaronian pushes Uri out of the building and into the street. "Don't come back." He says as he turns his back to the young man and walks back into the building. As he turns, a male human sidesteps around the bouncer and exits the building.

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:36 am

Uri catches his balance and slams his fist into his thigh. "Feke. Frell it all." When he turns around, he asks the man leaving, "Hey, uh... Do you have a ship? Are you gonna be here long?" and braces for a hard answer.

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Othniel » Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:23 am

By manner of answering, Janos reaches out to grab the young man by his collar in order to pulling him away from the building he'd been bounced from and into cover. "What kind of damn fool thing do you think you were doing, drawing attention to yourself that way?"

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:55 am

Uri goes white and adopts a defensive posture. The man's scold reminds him of the code. He looks down. "I'm sorry. 'There is no emotion. There is peace'. I don't know. When I saw what they were doing on the news... All of this madness just happened. My Master is dead. I saw him. Everyone at the temple, they're all dead, aren't they? And man I admired the most is... gone."

He sniffles. "And in their place, is this... this sick story that they made up."

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:51 pm

Perception checks
1y 2g 3p = All dice have cancelled out
1g 3p = 1 failure 1 threat

Init - Vigilance
BH: 2y = 3 success 1 advantage
Janos: 2g = 3 advantage
Uri: 1y 2g = 2 success, 2 advantage

BH, then Jedi

As the young man pulls the even younger man aside, a figure steps out from the crowd. Without warning, the mysterious and heavy armed and armored figure fires a blast towards the pair. His shot hits Padawan Urizen Athacorr square in the shoulder leaving a solid blaster burn on his armor and a considerable bruise on his shoulder.

After firing, the attacker speaks in a slow, calm, and methodical voice. "By order of the Imperial Office of Criminal Investigation for acts of conspiracy, sedition, and treason against the Empire, I, Graz of Crimson Nova, am operating under the Legal Authorization for Advanced Containment. Surrender now and I'll bring you in alive. Resist and ... I'll still bring you in dead. That was a warning shot. The next shot won't be a warning."

BH vs Uri
Heavy Blaster: 2y 1g
Range: Medium 2p
Def: 1 = 1s
Soak: 5 (assuming your still wearing Jedi Commander armor)

total: 2y 1g 2p 1s
results: 1 success, 2 advantage, 1 triumph
dmg: 10+1=11-5=6

2 advantage = +1 setback to Uri’s next check
1 triumph = Upgrade difficulty by 1 for Uri’s next check
BH
Janos 12/12
Uri 7/13

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Wed Nov 04, 2020 1:51 am

Uri clutches his shoulder and hisses through his teeth and his combat reflexes kick in. He ignites his lightsaber poises to deflect blaster fire and pats Janos on the shoulder, saying, "I have a ride, this way!"

He runs over to where his speeder is and gets on.
Incidental: Draw lightsaber & ignite
Incidental: Activate Reflect

Maneuver: Move to speeder
Maneuver 2: Sit on speeder

Action/Maneuver: Guarded Stance

I was just thinking about ditching the armor, before I decided that no, Uri needed to react strongly to that holo video. Instead, I might modify it later on to not look sus.

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Othniel » Wed Nov 04, 2020 2:29 am

"You don't have to tell me twice!" Janos replies, sprinting after. As he skids to a stop at the speeder, he jumps into the driver's seat and kicks the speeder into motion. "Let me drive; you're injured."
2 strain for 2nd maneuver. Maneuvers to run over and get on. Action to start up the speeder and going to head for the outskirts where our ship is.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Wed Nov 04, 2020 3:19 pm

Janos Underworld check
skill 1y 2g
diff 2p
result 2 success, 1 threat

Imperial Office of Criminal Investigation = New name, but sounds a lot like the Republic Office of Criminal Investigations...

Graz = Bounty Hunter, not much known

Crimson Nova = Crimson Nova was one of the more powerful chapters of the Bounty Hunters' Guild. A year or so ago, the chapter began accepting bounties on Jedi. Prior to this, they steered clear of Jedi. The Jedi bounties devastated the Jedi on Null. This caught the attention of Jedi Master Mace Windu. Windu, along with Masters Kit Fisto, Saesee Tiin and Agen Kolar, disbanded the chapter after they refused to cooperate. The chapter's quick reinstatement doesn't bode well for the Jedi.

The two Jedi make a move towards the padawan's Aratech 74-Z Military Speeder Bike taken from the Boonta Ordinance and Resupply Depot. Both of them jump atop the speeder with Janos taking the handles. With his lightsaber ignited, the wounded padawan holds it in a defensive position expecting to protect their flank.

Uri
inc 1: quick draw, lightsaber
inc 2: reflect
man1: move
man2: mount
Act: guarded stance (+1 ranged def, +1 setback attacking)
-3 strain = reflect
-2 strain = second maneuver

Janos:
man1: move
man2: mount
-2 strain = second maneuver

BH
man1: aim +1 boost
act: atk
skill: 2y 1g
range: medium 2p
total: 2y 1g 1b 2p
results 4 success, 1 adv
dmg: 10+4 = 14 - 3 (reflect) = 11
adv:

technically, reflect would only defend Uri, but cinematically, I love Jedi reflect/deflect :) so I'm allowing it

As they begin running, the bounty hunter scans the area and finds his prey's destination.... the Republic issued speeder bike. The hunter lowers his targeting device over his right eye, takes aim, and fires directly at the speeder bike...

The padawan quickly swings his lightsaber to reflect the blast, but he's unable to redirect all of the bolt in time. The bounty hunter's shot hits the speeders engine causing black smoke to plume out of the side of the bike. The direct hit on the speeder caused serious mechanical issues, but the speeder still appears it can fly... for now.

As Janos looks at the speeder's dials, and he begins to have a bad feeling about all of this knowing that if he pushes the speeder too fast, it might not survive their escape.

BH
Janos W 12/12
Jano S 11/13
Uri W 7/13
Uri S 7/13

Speeder 2 HT = 20 wounds - 11 = 9 wounds remaining
So you need to 'accelerate', increase speed from 0 to 1
or you can 'push it', accelerate from 0 to 3 (max) this incurs stress
then 2nd maneuver is piloting (check)

the faster you go, the more difficult the pilot checks
Once you're out of town, no checks since no traffic/people/buildings to avoid

current piloting check will be
+1 boost (handling 1)
3 green = your skill

(difficulty terrain/city) The difficulty of the Piloting check is equal to the vehicle or starship's current speed or half of its silhouette (rounded up) whichever is higher. The lower of the two values indicates how many times the difficulty of the check is upgraded.

So speed 1, Silhouette 2 = 1r
So speed 2, Silhouette 2 = 1r1p
So speed 3, Silhouette 2 = 1r2p