Chapter 2B: Day Zero

After Order 66, few Jedi dare to venture outside the shadows—rumors of the dark and terrible Darth Vader haunting even their waking moments. Yet, some Jedi find this life of fear unbearable. The Empire is always watching, and Vader himself is eager to confront any Jedi that might bring him closer to the whereabouts of his betrayer, Obi-Wan Kenobi.
RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:22 am

"Ugh...uh, zig-zag around the crowd, they'll obscure us." He points at a clearing in the traffic. "That way!"
Maneuver: Assist Janos (Drive)

Action: Hold to pick up Janos' droid if it shows up.
Otherwise: Misdirect on Graz (person/object): speeder!)

Incidental: Reflect

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Othniel » Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:25 am

"I'll try, though I hope we don't end up endangering them," Janos mutters as he does as instructed.
Maneuver to accelerate one step. Maneuver to drive. Rolling GGGFFB, I believe.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:20 pm

Uri
Man: assist
Act: grab droid
Inc: Reflect (if needed)

Janos
Man: accelerate - 0 to 1
Man: drive

skill: GGGFFB
difficulty: speed 1 = 1r
total: 3g 2f 1b 1r
result: 1 success, 3 advantage, 3 dark pip

The range between BH and you was "medium" and range is now extreme personal range
"Wait for me!" A medical droid says as it speeds after the two Jedi. "I have nowhere to go and I don't want to become scrap metal."

Janos waits until Uri secures the droid and then he twists the handle to accelerate the speeder bike forward. Luckily the droid, for the most part, doesn't weight much and maintains it's thrusters to stay floating as Uri holds onto it's hand. The speeder lurches forward and then begins to move down the street and around pedestrians and other obstacles.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:49 pm

The 3 advantages = GM choice, used to notice important event
Janos speeds through the streets and turns a sharp corner blocking the Bounty Hunter's line of sight. As he drives forward, he has a strange feeling that they Bounty Hunter could have tagged something which could lead him back to the ship. As he's flying the speeder, he glances around and doesn't notice anything within his line of sight. The Bounty Hunter fades out of view as they turn the corner.

AZI-3 screams, "This is highly irregular and not the proper procedures for transportation."

They make their way through the streets and out into the open sandy planet without further incidents. Once they exit the city, Janos estimates they are approximately 10-15 minutes away from the ship. Turning the speeder to the west, they speed onwards towards the ship.

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Othniel » Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:30 am

Driving through the streets, Janos carefully accelerates a bit, trying to buy more time. Quickly, he comms Wile, "Wile! I'm on my way with a friendly on a speeder bike. We're being followed by a bounty hunter. I think we're being tracked as well, so better get ready for a quick take off."
Maneuver to drive. Maneuver to accelerate one step.

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:08 pm

Uri turns off his lightsaber, pulls out a glow rod, and uncovers part of the speeder engine while they fly to see if he can give it a temporary performance boost.
Incidental: Stow Lightsaber
Maneuver: hold glow rod
Action: Mechanics to make temporary fix to engine to allow "punch" or give a similar boost in performance

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Sun Nov 08, 2020 4:11 pm

"Roger that." Wile responds as he lowers the landing ramp.

A few minutes later, the speeder with smoke still coming out of its engine drives up the ramp of a YT-2400. As smoke fills the cargo hold, Wile raises the landing gear and the loading ramp and begins to lift off.

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Othniel » Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:19 pm

As soon as the ramp is up, Janos cuts the power to the speeder. "I've got to check and see if that bounty hunter hit the speeder with a tracker," he explains to Uri as the ship lifts off. "Help me look. If the Force is with us, we can smash it before we hit hyperspace, assuming we get that far."
Examine the speeder for a tracker. I assume that's Perception, so YGG.

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:42 pm

"Okay." Uri circles the speeder and looks underneath it. "Who are you people? I'm Uri."

(Perception: GG)

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:38 pm

Rather than have a dozen posts about a single tag, it's not on the bike, it's on Uri's clothing. Uri can find it there.
The medical droid introduces itself, "I am AZI-345211896246498721347. My friend called me AZI-3. I am a medical droid who previously worked at the Tipoca City Cloning Facility on Kamino, but I feel I am not welcomed there. I fled when they issued orders to have my memory wiped. The generous Hondo Ohnako helped me find the Jedi Janos. Alas.... I failed in my mission. I promised my friend I would deliver his dying request to Jedi General Obi-Wan Kenobi or Commander Anakin Skywalker." The droid then hovers off with its head lowered in shame of its failure.