Chapter 2B: Day Zero

After Order 66, few Jedi dare to venture outside the shadows—rumors of the dark and terrible Darth Vader haunting even their waking moments. Yet, some Jedi find this life of fear unbearable. The Empire is always watching, and Vader himself is eager to confront any Jedi that might bring him closer to the whereabouts of his betrayer, Obi-Wan Kenobi.
RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:32 pm

Uri closes the journals and puts them back in the satchel, and puts the satchel on. It's his now, until Drash's Master says otherwise - if any of the Masters are still alive. He turns his attention to the holocrons. He picks one up and channels the Force through it to unlock it, meditating on the Jedi mantra.
If they don't work like they do in the MMO, then I'll use Mechanics to figure out how. (YYG)

Gee, I wonder who that prisoner is.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:49 pm

Diff: 3p
Skill: Know (Lore)
total: 3g 3p
result: 1 failure, 1 threat

-1 strain

Holocrons use know(lore) to unlock them (along with "the Force").

The padawan Uri attempts to activate the holocron. As he mediates, the holocron floats and rotates. After a few moments, he is unable to unlock its secrets and the holocron falls to the deck and rolls away towards the aft of the ship. As he recovers, he begins to notice his mental and physical abilities tiring under the fatigue of today's events.

Janos W 12/12
Jano S 11/13

Uri W 13/13
Uri S 6/13

Speeder 2 HT = 9 wounds remaining

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:18 pm

"Agh!" Uri yells in frustration and picks up the holocrons, and puts everything back in the satchel. "Thanks, Master. Just what am I supposed to do with a holocron I can't open?"

Just when he reconsiders speeder repair, his stomach growls. "AZI-3, can you help me find the mess hall? I'm seriously starving for something better than military rations."
I'm gonna eat to recover Strain. Personal rations or kitchen raid: pending. Also recover Strain w/Discipline check, if I can still do that. (YYG)

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:46 pm

After encounter, discipline or cool check
Uri = 2y 1g = 6 adv, 0 strain recovered
Janos = 1y 1g = 1 success, 2 adv, 1 strain recovered

Janos W 12/12
Jano S 12/13

Uri W 13/13
Uri S 6/13

Speeder 2 HT = 9 wounds remaining

The medical droid lifts itself and hovers over to the padawan. "Yes. You never introduced yourself. Based on the YT-2400 base model blueprints, the galley should be this way. This is the first time that I've been aboard this particular vessel. However, there appears to be no major modifications to the standard model that I have determined from my current location."

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:51 pm

"Thank you, please lead the way. I'm sorry, my full name is Urizen Athacorr, but just call me 'Uri'. I never liked that name. It makes me sound like a pretentious snob."

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:06 pm

AZI-3 moves through the ship taking inventory of the ship's equipment and design. Eventually, the two discover the galley, but find no consumables other than rations packs of dehydrated polystarch and veg-meat.

In the cockpit, Wile points to the communications panel and then pushes a button to redirect the sound to the speakers so Janos can hear the messages.

"Sierra Bravo. Jedi General confined. Awaiting transport. What's the ETA on that? Over."

"Charlie Tango 3478. Shuttle en route from Alderaan sector. ETA 10 standard hours. Over."

"Sierra Bravo. Acknowledged. Out."

Wile looks to Janos and says, "They're transmitting over an open frequency. Not sure if they're having commsat problems. The droids did a number on the Republic orbital station based on what I saw coming in. They might not have any secure channels to transmit."

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Othniel » Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:47 pm

"Yesterday it was the Republic. I have a hard time believing the entire Republic would just roll over for a coup. There is bound to be heavy armed resistance."

"This might be our only chance to free whoever it is they have captured," Janos says quietly after Wile plays the message. "I'd like to at least try. Are you in?"

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:25 pm

Wile looks a bit concerned, "I'm not sure we can tackle an entire Clone army. Gonna need a plan--a good plan." He increases the ship's altitude a bit and levels off. After a moment, he asks, "Who's the kid back there?"

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Othniel » Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:28 pm

"He said his name is Uri; he's a Padawan. His Master was killed by an Arkanian named Thraka Barzane." Janos pauses. "Wile, you should know that when I was freeing the pirate, I felt my own Master become one with the Force. Master Rhan Vel Aath is gone."

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:29 am

With a sigh, Uri grabs some veg-meat and polystarch and eats it out of the wrapping. He sits down to take a much needed rest as he eats his meal, wondering how he got here and what he should do next. After finishing up, he gets out the holocron again. "I guess I should give this to someone who can actually use it," he says out loud. "Let them deal with it. Then try to make my way to Arkania." And at some point between or after, look for Thraka.

He leaves the galley to go find Janos at the cockpit.