Chapter 2C: Sanctuary

After Order 66, few Jedi dare to venture outside the shadows—rumors of the dark and terrible Darth Vader haunting even their waking moments. Yet, some Jedi find this life of fear unbearable. The Empire is always watching, and Vader himself is eager to confront any Jedi that might bring him closer to the whereabouts of his betrayer, Obi-Wan Kenobi.
Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Re: Chapter 2C: Sanctuary

Post by Shurijo » Tue Nov 10, 2020 2:30 pm

A few hours pass as they travel through hyperspace. Their route takes longer than expected and when they exit hyperspace, they find a Lambda-class shuttle in the middle of a starfight. Several Republic Aggressive ReConnaissance-170 starfighters, also known simply as the ARC-170 starfighters, are engaged in combat with a menagerie of starfighters ranging in sizes.

As the group quickly take in the battle, a communication arrives. "We can't hold them off for long. Their drives have been offline for an hour or more. It won't be long until it's operational again. Reinforcements could arrive at any time. If you're going to make your move, then do it now."

Jedi Master Tan begins to pilot the ship using its sublight engines toward the Lamba shuttle.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:04 pm

Checking over his gear, he looks at the others. "Are we going in subtle, no Jedi equipment or insignia? Or screw it, we don't have time for that and we're moving in lightsabers blazing?"
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

GuyWithSword
Level 5
Level 5

Post by GuyWithSword » Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:05 am

"Unless you think we can trick them into thinking we're reinforcements, I doubt subterfuge will work. Is our ship a a dead giveway? That said, I'm not opposed to being *quiet* once we get aboard, of course."

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:43 pm

Jedi Master Tan nods his head. "This pirate vessel's transponder will be identified by their pilots. They'll know it's not reinforcements. They'll be expecting us at the airlock. They'll also try to seal their airlock to prevent us from boarding. We won't have much time to break through the latch and free Master Nu. Simple bindings aren't strong enough to hold her. I'd imagine there's be some kind of ray shield."

Closing in on the ship, he says, "I'll dock us and meet you at the air lock. Can you get through the door and hold them until I arrive?"

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:38 pm

The full body armor that the Jedi Knight wears masks his facial expressions, but his actions speak loudly as he checks the seals on his protective gear, and hefts the haft of his Pike. He starts walking towards the airlock. "No problem, Master. I'll take point, drawing their fire as necessary." He looks back at the former Padawan. "Might be nice to know our respective specialties. Talk on the way?"
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

GuyWithSword
Level 5
Level 5

Post by GuyWithSword » Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:24 am

Ashara nods. "I'm not bad with a saber, and I can block an enemy blade or two. I am not trained in the reflection of blaster bolts, however. I'm more suited for shooting an enemy from a medium distance. I've also got a good eye for weak spots. If I see one, I can point it out to you to help you with your strikes."

The togruta has no armor, but her sturdy clothing will provide a bit of protection. She follows Granite.

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:41 am

"That works. I barge in and get close, my armor and the Force strengthening me." He pats the sturdy plating. "And if we come up on any locks or malfunctions, I'm pretty handy with the fine work as well. Nothing flashy, just good practical work."

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:42 pm

"Docking in 5... 4... 3..." Jedi Master Tan's voice carries over the ships intercomm speakers. Two seconds later, you feel the ship jolt as it's docking clamps begin to attach to the nearby shuttle. "On my way," the Jedi master says as he leaves the cockpit.

Standing at the airlock, the two Jedi prepare to board the Imperial shuttle. Jedi Knight Granite bypasses the shuttle's airlock security by removing an external plate and directly connecting the wires. The airlock slides open revealing...

Granit - 2y 1g
+commit 1 FD = 3y
Unlock 2p
results: 1 success, 2 advantages

They are welcomed by two groups of three clones with their blasters raised a few meters ahead positioned behind barricades.

Tan will arrive in round 2

Cool vs Cool (no surprise)
Granite 2g = 1 success, 2 advantage
Ashara 2g = 1 success
Clones1 1g = 1 success, 1 advantage
Clones2 1g = 1 success

Init order:
PC
Clones (Minion group of 3)
PC
Clones (Minion group of 3)

Range: Short
Clones have cover (+1 setback on ranged attacks)

http://swa.stoogoff.com/#clone-trooper
(wounds is 15, soak 5, def 0)

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:59 pm

Granite already had his tool kit back in his utility belt before the airlock hatch had fully opened. Wasting no time, he flicks the activation button on his Pike and charges right at the nearest group of Clone Troopers. He steels his emotions as he attacks, not letting himself feel anything except focus on his footing and bladework. He has fought shoulder-to-shoulder with the Clones during the Separatist War, defended them, been saved by them, almost every possible scenario one could think of.

And now, for the first time, he is deliberately trying to kill them.

A small voice inside prays that none are Clones he has worked with before, but in the end, they are Clones. Not that that lessens their rights as sentient beings, but because of the nature of their creation. They were literally "born to serve", compelled by their genetics to follow lawful orders. Even if given by an evil dictator. Perhaps some have resisted that compulsion, but right now no amount of reason or diplomacy will stop the violence within this chamber. Death comes for all, in time, but Granite is determined that today will not be his day to die. Thus, to bring balance in all things, the Clone Troopers must die.
- Like this, but less evil. Also, I'd use it like a spear, not whatever he's doing here. Seriously, you've got Insta-Death on a 5 foot stick. At least be outside of kicking-my-shins range.
Maneuver: Move to Engaged with Group 1.
Action: Attack Group 1 w/ Lightsaber Pike (2Y/2G vs 2P).
- Unless they move away from me/cover, Group 1 now has +2 Difficulty to shoot with Heavy Weapons, and if Group 2 tries to shoot me their Difficulty is Upgraded (and a Despair means they hit their buddies instead of me, *evil laugh*).

GuyWithSword: The big reason I take point, besides the melee build, is right now I already have Soak 7. Brawn (4) + Armor (2) + Armor Master Talent (1). And I have 1 Ranged / 2 Melee Defense, even though my Armor doesn't provide any. ;) Sure I get 1 Melee Defense from the Lightsaber Pike (Defensive 1 Trait), but the Armor Master (Improved) Talent says that if my Armor's Soak is 2+, I get +1 Defense as well.
- There's really not any more in the Armorer Trait Tree that will build out my defensiveness, the rest is mainly about being an awesome engineer/tinkerer. Well there are a couple cool things much further down the Tree, but it'll take a lot of time to get there. So my Beef Cakey-ness is pretty much at its max for the foreseeable future.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:38 pm

man: move
act: attack
skill: 2y 2g
difficulty: 2p (melee)
soak: 5 (breach 1 overrides this)
def: 0

total: 2y 2g 2p
result: 6 successes
dmg: 6 + 6 = 12

MG 1 (last of three)
man: aim +1 boost
act: attack
skill: 3g
Diff: 1 p (Short) + 2p (heavy wpn vs engaged opponent)
total: 3g 1b 3p
results: 1 failure, 5 advantage

Spend 3 adv to "force target to drop weapon he is wielding"
Spend 2 adv to "add setback to target character's next check"

Jedi Knight Granite rushes forward with the Lightsaber Pike. With a quick thrust, he takes down one Clone Trooper and then with a turn the blunt end of his pike takes down a second Clone Trooper. The third Trooper of the group opens fire hoping to slow down the Jedi Temple Guard's rampage. The Trooper misses his shot, but causes Granite to drop his Lightsaber. As the pike hits the floor, it deactivates.

Granite (setback on next check, weapon on ground)
Ashara
Tan

CT MG 1 = 15 - 12 = 3 (2 down, 1 alive)
CT MG 2 = 15 (3 alive)

With Granite engaged with a single Trooper on one side of the area, Ashara and the other Clone Troopers (3) ...