Chapter 3c: Follow the Vines

After Order 66, few Jedi dare to venture outside the shadows—rumors of the dark and terrible Darth Vader haunting even their waking moments. Yet, some Jedi find this life of fear unbearable. The Empire is always watching, and Vader himself is eager to confront any Jedi that might bring him closer to the whereabouts of his betrayer, Obi-Wan Kenobi.
Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:03 pm

Shoshannah looks after Hedala as she runs off, a look of concern on her face. She turns back to Janos and says, "Yes, let's say research. It's true, which keeps things simple. I'm trained as an agronomist and medic, so we can say I'm looking for any plants with medical properties unique to this planet--which is also mostly true--and be able to carry off the ruse well. And people will likely view as less of a threat--people generally don't see agronomists as much of a threat."

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Othniel » Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:44 am

"I have little knowledge relating to what we're after, but I can serve as your pilot and bodyguard for you and your ward," Janos adds. "Both true enough in spirit."

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:10 pm

With a plan, the group lowers their boarding ramp and begin to exit their craft. However, ass soon as they set foot upon the landing pad, they spot a group of nearly a dozen B1 Battle Droids approaching them.

Janos
skill ygg
diff ppp
result: 2 threats

Shoshannah
skill yg
diff ppp
result: 2 success 3 threats

Shoshannah notices the B1 Battle Droids look a bit different than the usual B1 Battle Droids. These B1s don't immediately look as uniformly consistent as ones she's noticed in battle.

Not a lot of reveal, since this is more 'split-second' glance than taking time to look things over. if you seek to engage, then i'll make init rolls

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:01 pm

Shoshannah says softly to Hedala, "Get behind Janos. Don't argue."

Then she takes a few steps away from the others and raises her hands. "Is there a problem? I'm just an agronomist here to research local herbs. We don't want any trouble." She wonders who the droids work for.
Presence 3/ Charm 1

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:47 pm

The droids speak up as they approach the group, "Welcome to Iego. Roger, Roger. Welcome to Iego." Each of the droids repeats the same phrase slightly non-synchronously.

Then a young, teenage human boy rushes out saying, "Don't shoot them! It took me months to get them working again after someone destroyed eighteen of them. They slice them right in half!"

Sweeping his hand as if to show off his repurposed droids, "I present Jaybo Hood's finest. These repurposed droids are a steal. Let me make you a deal on them. They can be programmed to fly, protect, and even translate and they're a looooot cheaper than buying one of those protocol or astromech droids."

Moving a bit closer he whispers, "If you're looking for something bigger, I have a couple B2s in the back."

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Othniel » Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:53 am

Janos momentarily feels his hand drift toward where his lightsaber is hidden, but he resists the urge and disguises the movement by scratching his leg. "Ah, Janos," he says by way of introduction. "As the lady said, we're here to research local herbs."

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:18 pm

"Herbs?" The young man repeats. "Blah. There's nothing worth anything here."

Jaybo walks around and looks at the Zillo's Beast. "That's a nice ship you got there. There hasn't been a lot of visitors since the laser energy field was activated last year. We lost about fifty ships and crew trying to get through it before my Vulture droids and a pair of Jedi deactivated it."

Hedala looks around and mostly up at the tall buildings. As the others talk, she heads over to look at the B1 Battle Droids. "Welcome to Iego. Roger, Roger." The droids repeat as she smiles and waves at the droids.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:51 pm

Shoshannah smiles at the young man. She holds out her hand to shake and says, "I'm Shoshannah. You never know what hidden treasures lay in the wilds. Sometimes there's something of great medicinal value that people just don't know about." She thinks for a moment. "We don't need any droids at the moment, but we could use someone who knows the wilderness around here, who we can talk to so we can get the lay of the land. And what's this about a laser energy field? Is that something we need to worry about now?"

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:08 pm

"My droids took care of the energy field. The Separatists put it up about two years ago. You could fly in, but not out. That's how I got these droids. They left them behind and I repurposed them. Then two Jedi came about a year ago and helped destroy it, but they couldn't have done it without my help and my droids. Can you believe some people thought it was a ghost blowing up ships? I didn't think that, no. I knew it wasn't a ghost.... They came here for reeska. What are you looking for?" Jaybo asks.

Shoshannah discipline vs deception
skill yg
diff pp
total ygpp
result: 1 triumph, 1 adv, 1 failure

triumph = you get boost to next disc vs dec check in this social encounter
failure = didn't see through the fibs (there were 2 failures, the triumph counted as success, so it was 1 net failure)
1 adv = additional insight == You remember that it was Jedi Master Obi-Wan and Skywalker who were the two Jedi that came for the reeska

Janos discipline vs deception
skill ygg
diff pp
total yggpp
result: 2 success, 1 adv

1 adv = additional insights
2 success = He's fibbing about not believing it was a ghost blowing up ships and the importance/role his droids played in blowing it up. He's just trying to act smarter and more important than he is by exaggerating his importance/smarts. Otherwise, everything else feels like he's being truthful about the energy field, Separatists, droids, Jedi, reeska, etc.

Hedala listens as Jaybo speaks. "Wow. That sounds scary." She says as Jaybo recounts blowing up the energy field.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:03 pm

"Well, that's a lucky break," says Shoshannah. "We're interested in reeska too. Did the Jedi say why they wanted it?" She looks up at the sky and adds, "It's a good thing you were able to help them out--living under a blockade like that must have been really rough." She's not sure how important Jaybo was in the whole matter, but there was no harm in humoring him.