Chapter 3c: Follow the Vines

After Order 66, few Jedi dare to venture outside the shadows—rumors of the dark and terrible Darth Vader haunting even their waking moments. Yet, some Jedi find this life of fear unbearable. The Empire is always watching, and Vader himself is eager to confront any Jedi that might bring him closer to the whereabouts of his betrayer, Obi-Wan Kenobi.
Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Othniel » Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:01 am

"Jedi aren't so popular these days," Janos says offhandedly, giving Shoshannah a look as the Jedi's names are mentioned when he thinks Jaybo isn't watching.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:19 pm

"They never said." Jaybo responds to Shoshannah's question about the Jedi's purpose for reeska. "But if you're looking for that, then I hope you brought your climbing gear."

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:29 pm

Shoshannah nods slightly in response to Janos' look. To Jaybo, she says, "I think that sounds like something we'd need to buy. I take it the reeska grows only on cliffs or something like that?"

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:22 pm

"Nah, nobody messes with those plants." Jaybo mentions. "If you're looking for the roots, like those other two, then you'll need to follow those vines down to the bottom of the canyon. Nobody messes with the vines, because the vines don't like being touched."
The entire city is basically on a cliff (Cliffhold). Imagine if the whole area are just huge rock spirals and they built a city there. Sorta of like Endor, but instead of trees, it's huge rocks formations.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:05 pm

"I think we want the roots," says Shoshannah. She is now wondering if the two Jedi came here for the same reason she and Janos had. It would make a good deal of sense. "What's the issue with the vines? Are they carnivorous?"

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:19 pm

"Yes. And they have big sharp teeth." The young man responds. With his outstretched hand, he motions towards the edge of the platform which rests atop long rock columns. Looking down, its too far to see the bottom of the columns in the below canyon.

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Othniel » Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:45 pm

"Ah, wonderful," Janos mutters; then more loudly, "We'll need to procure some bladed weapons then." He isn't about to use his lightsaber for this purpose.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:59 pm

Shoshannah nods. "It may also be a good idea to hire a native guide, who knows the best routes down the cliffs and where to find the reeska routes." She looks at Jaybo. "Can you help us out with that? We'll pay any guide of course and we're also willing to pay a finder's fee to someone who can connect us with a good guide." She was already feeling like they should tip him generously for the information he had shared.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:02 pm

Jaybo rubs his chin, "Well, it's pretty easy to find them. Just follow the vines. Most just climb down, there's enough hand holds to make it, but it's a long way down. Your ship is too big, but a smaller craft might be able to fly down there... I have some Vulture Droids that I can remote control, but you'd need to hang on. Otherwise, you might find someone to help in town."

For reference sakes, the Vulture Droids are those flying droid ships that attack in prequels/Clone Wars. They are about 7 meters long (counting wings), but the inner (non-wings) part (where you'd need to hang onto) looks about 2-3 meters long. I figure each of you could hang onto each the front on a side of the cockpit. (not there is no 'cockpit', it's all computers).

wiki
https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Variab ... id,_Mark_I

img
https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/starw ... 0311015235

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:45 pm

Shoshannah says, "I think I'd rather do it the old fashioned way and climb down." She looks to Janos to see what he thinks.