Chapter 5A: A Padawan's Legacy

After Order 66, few Jedi dare to venture outside the shadows—rumors of the dark and terrible Darth Vader haunting even their waking moments. Yet, some Jedi find this life of fear unbearable. The Empire is always watching, and Vader himself is eager to confront any Jedi that might bring him closer to the whereabouts of his betrayer, Obi-Wan Kenobi.
Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Re: Chapter 5A: A Padawan's Legacy

Post by Shurijo » Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:37 pm

Zyg
skill ggg
diff pp melee
def 1s
soak 5

total: ggg pp s
result: 2 success 1 adv

damage: 4 + 2 = 6
soak 5 = 1 dmg

shock whip does strain

As Urizen turns to look at the onlookers, the Zygerrian picks up his whip and slings it towards the padawan. The shock whip cracks as it hits Uri's back. The Black Inquisitor armor absorbs most of the hit, but the padawan still feels the force of the weapon.

"Only one of us is leaving here and it's going to be me." The Zygerrian says as he begins to size up the padawan.

Zygerrian 1 wound
Uri 0 wounds \ 1 strain

Round 2

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:41 am

Uri grasps at his back as energy sizzles through his armor. He turns around and sizes up the cat before throwing himself at him.
Brawl with Aim twice, taking 2 Strain.

Disorient, and also Knockdown if I have enough.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:10 pm

Aim = +bonus
Double Aim = + bonus
+2 Strain for doubled aim/maneuver buy

skill brawl yyg
diff melee pp
def 0
total: yyg bb pp

result: 2 success 1 threat
dmg: 3+2
soak 3
total wounds = 2

Spending threat to add 1 more strain

Uri lunges forward with a feint and catches the Zygerrian off guard with a quick jab and kick to the legs. He attempted a leg sweep, but the Zygerrian was able to stand his ground.

skill ggg
diff pp melee
def 1s
soak 5

total: ggg pp s
result: 2 success

damage: 4 + 2 = 6
soak 5 = 1 dmg

shock whip does strain
The quick reflexes of the Zygerrian allows him to step back and crack his whip at the former padawan. Hoping to ensnare Uri, the Zygerrian's whip smacks against his torso once more. His armor taking the blunt of the damage as he twists to prevent the whip from wrapping around his body.
Zygerrian 3 wounds
Uri 0 wounds \ 5 strain

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:24 am

Uri twists into a forceful blow to the gut, hoping to hit something sensitive.
Aim & Punch YYY

Advantage: can I reduce his Defense? If not, let's go for a Critical Injury.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:18 pm

aim + 1 boost
Skill brawl yy g
diff melee pp
def 0
total yyg b pp
result 2 success 1 adv
dmg 3 + 2 = 5 - soak 3 = 2 wounds
Uri's strike finds the Zygerrian's face and knocks him to the ground. His opponent is unconscious but not dead. Uri estimates that the Zygerrian could awake after a few minutes.
Zygerrian 5 wounds \ unconscious
Uri 0 wounds \ 5 strain

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:15 pm

Half spent from that ordeal, Uri faces the observation window again, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Well, that was awkward. But look at that. Didn't need a weapon, see?" He raises his hands above his waist, palms open in a smug gesture. "Or the Force, I guess." He lowers his arms. "I thought you were going to teach me. But if you want this scum executed, then execute him. Being your gladiator is beneath me."

The Grand Inquisitor considers him important enough for the bacta tanks. And that means he's too important to kill. Surely?
Standard: Recover Strain
Immediate: Ask for trouble (gamble)

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:49 pm

post combat strain recovery
skill disc yyg
roll 2 success 4 adv
recover 2 strain

The Grand Inquisitor listens to Uri and then turns to Chantique. Uri senses a wave of fear flow over her as she returns his gaze. The dark skinned Twi'lek, Chabak, grabs Chantique and forces her arm out in front of her. She struggles a little, but she cannot break free of Chabak's hold.

Uri watches as the Grand Inquisitor's red bladed lightsaber ignites. "You have a choice to make, young one. Him or her." He says as he waits for the padawan's decision.

Zygerrian 5 wounds \ unconscious
Uri 0 wounds \ 3 strain

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Wed Oct 06, 2021 5:01 pm

Uri's defiant stare cracks when his sponsor is grabbed. His eyes fearfully linger on the inquisitor's ignited blade, and on the rest of the scene in the observatory for an eternity in seconds. Finally, the Padawan breaks contact. He closes his eyes and turns away sullenly, toward the bruised and bloodied prisoner on the ground.

His lightsaber passes out from beneath his robes. again, seconds pass. In one swift motion, the laser blade bursts forth from the hilt and is thrust down through the Zygerrian, passing through his body where the heart ought to be.

The smell of singed hair and flesh assaults Uri's nostrils. The blade powers down, but the boy does not turn around. He continues to stare at the lifeless body at his feet.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:23 pm

With that, Chabak releases Chantique from his hold and the Grand Inquisitor's lightsaber extinguishes. The Grand Inquisitor looks at Chantique and then nods. The three walk away from the overlook and a few moments later, the door to the area opens and Chantique enters.

"Good job. I knew you could do it." She says.

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:31 pm

Uri shakes his head. "'Good job'?" he echoes. "Aren't you angry? He was going to hurt you if I didn't. What kind of family is this?"