Chapter 5A: A Padawan's Legacy

After Order 66, few Jedi dare to venture outside the shadows—rumors of the dark and terrible Darth Vader haunting even their waking moments. Yet, some Jedi find this life of fear unbearable. The Empire is always watching, and Vader himself is eager to confront any Jedi that might bring him closer to the whereabouts of his betrayer, Obi-Wan Kenobi.
Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Re: Chapter 5A: A Padawan's Legacy

Post by Shurijo » Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:59 pm

After Chantique departs, Uri has some time to himself. He finds food in the galley and returns to his room. The next couple of hours, Uri has time to mediate and consider today's events.
just waiting for threads to sync, so idling a bit before we get moving

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:33 pm

For his meal, Uri prefers not to linger in the mess hall with the dysfunctional and abusive members of this messed up "family". Everyone gets brushed off, with Chabak especially receiving a cold look. In his room, Uri meditates and tries to find balance. He was never good at listening to the Force, but he spends this time searching for answers, or a direction. Even a half-remembered crumb of Drash's traditionalism. How does he fare now, after ending a man's life? Is there resistance from the Light? Or, does the resistance perhaps come from within?
Force/Int to receive wisdom, either from the Force or from a memory, if that is allowed.

Without even looking at my sheet, I can tell you he's not doing ok. The hatred "meter" has gone up. He's not in control. The needle of his compass is spinning, and the life and will of another being is complicating it even further.

With all the time I spent talking to this character so far, I would have thought I was the one lagging behind, despite the page count. I'm glad that's not the case. Still, I wonder if maybe I've been talking to Chantique a little too much.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:32 pm

You're doing fine. You're on pace. I had an idea that I want to do before this chapter ends. I was going to do it next chapter, but I think it will make a better stop/start point between 5/6.
As the former padawan sits and mediates, he struggles to find peace with his emotions. In between his pain and anguish, the words of Jedi Master Drash Caitken echo in his thoughts.
"The Jedi are mindful of the negative emotions which lead to the Dark Side: Anger, Fear, Aggression, and Hate. If we sense these emotions manifesting within ourselves, we must meditate on the Jedi Code and focus on purging these destructive emotions."

"Jedi believe in destiny and trust in the will of the Living Force. We accept the fact that what seems to be random events are not random at all, but the design of the Living Force of Creation. Each living creature has a purpose, understanding that purpose comes with a deep awareness of the Force. Even things that happen which seem negative have a purpose, though that purpose is not easy to see."
While some wisdom remembered, Uri also has memories of his disagreements with Thraka. Since he brought up his fellow Jedi with Chantique, his fear and anger in his actions lead to a focus on Thraka and the death of Jedi Master Caitken.