Chapter 5A: A Padawan's Legacy

After Order 66, few Jedi dare to venture outside the shadows—rumors of the dark and terrible Darth Vader haunting even their waking moments. Yet, some Jedi find this life of fear unbearable. The Empire is always watching, and Vader himself is eager to confront any Jedi that might bring him closer to the whereabouts of his betrayer, Obi-Wan Kenobi.
Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:33 pm

The last thing Uri remembered was fighting against a red blur surrounded by smoke. The scene repeated over and over in his mind. When the dark armored figure knocks him down and stands over, they reveal themselves to be his former Master Drash Caitken, Jedi Master Lorraf Nolb, Jedi Knight Thraka Barzane, and sometimes himself. His last sight is watching a red lightsaber blade strike him down and then the memory repeats, over and over until …

"Urizen Athacorr... Urizen Athacorr." In the darkness, he hears someone calling his name. "Wake up Urizen." To his ears, it sounded like Jedi Master Nolb’s voice... No, more like Jedi Master Caitken’s voice…

Opening his eyes, he becomes aware of a breathing apparatus and googles. He realizes he is submersed into a tank filled with liquid. His sight is blurred by the bluish liquid. Wearing only briefs, he begins to understand he is undergoing bacta treatment -- something never used for clones in the Clone War and rarely used by Jedi.

Noticing a change in the light, he looks up to see the lid open and a blurry figure retrieving him from the tank. Believing his friends must have defeated the warrior who knocked him unconscious and he must be back on Polis Massa Research and Mining facility, he extends his hand to the person to help pull himself out of the tank. Thinking to himself, ’I never knew there was a bacta tank on the mining site.’

As he steps out of the tank and removes his googles, he realizes that he isn’t somewhere he recognizes and the person standing opposite of him isn’t a friend.

"It’s been nearly a full rotation, padawan. I thought you’d heal quicker than that, but perhaps you’re just tired of everything. I can help with that." Standing in front of him, the Pau'an who initially introduced himself as the ‘Grand Inquisitor’ and the person who inflicted his critical wounds requiring a rejuvenation tank, turns and grabs a towel to dry off the hand used to assist Urizen’s exit from the tank.

This thread is for RorytheRomulan
Also note your emotional strength (bravery), emotional weakness (hatred), motivation (ambition), and ambition (identity and belonging).

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:32 am

Each time Uri stands before his unknown foe, the vision feels real. This is no dream. Is it? Who are they? Why do they want to hurt him? Does Uri want to hurt them? Frell it all. If he could just beat them, he would know, and his increasing determination correlates with his uncertainty and whittling morale. He'll beat them, he reasons each time. And when he does, he'll see the face of that guy with the red blades. Just his face, and no one else's.

When the tank drains, he winces as he recognizes the hand in his as belonging to the man with red blades. The Grand Inquisitor. Sith. Ancient enemy. His captor. Experimenter?

No words escape the boy's lips. No question, no greeting. While the Inquisitor is turned, he looks around for an exit, and then summons the Force to use his trick on the Grand Inquisitor.

(Has Uri met a Pau'an before?)
Misdirect on the Grand Inquisitor! Person/Object: Uri. Sustain, for impromptu jailbreak!

I thought about having him try and ask questions, and act smart, and hide his power level. But, after thinking about Uri a little more... he's just not like that. :lol: He is also worried about getting put into a Force cage.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:23 pm

Has Uri met a Pau'an before?

Most likely not. Their home planet was under Separatist rule during the Clone Wars (until Obi-Wan defeated Grevious there in movie. There was a Pau'an Temple Guard during Clone Wars, but you're unlikely to have encountered him. You're familiar enough to recognize the species, but don't know much about them.
Uri
UTF - 2 Force Rating
Skill = Deception = 1g
Opposing skill = Vigilance = 2y 2g = 2 red 2 purple
total: ff g rr pp

result: 2 light side 1 dark side
result: 3 failures

Opposed because this is vs Force User (Rival, named NPC, etc.)
The padawan calls upon the Force to mask his appearance. He feels connected to the Force and concentrates on hiding himself from the Grand Inquisitor.

"Very good, young one." The Grand Inquisitor states. "If I were a mere trooper, you might have succeeded. Alas, I am a master of the Force. There is much I can teach you about the ways. Topics they did not teach at the Temple."

Walking closer to Urizen, the Pau'an continues. "You have shown bravery versus my sister. You have shown bravery against even myself. Your skills with a lightsaber are impressive. Your abilities and talents can grow if given the right environment and teacher. Your master, Caitken correct? He was very traditional in his ways. I am surprised you are still listed in the records as a padawan. Your service in the Clone Wars surely earned you the title of Knight, did it not? What held you back? Was it Caitken that denied your knighting?"

"You belong with us. You are strong. You are a warrior. You have great potential. You could have been one of the greatest Knights of all time, but... the Jedi are no more. Your future is wasted with your companions. What will they teach you? How to grow plants? How to fix machinery? How to hide in the shadows?"

Waving his hand, "You fought alongside the Clone Troopers. You lead troops into battle. You can return to that life. You can lead elite troopers with the entire backing of the Imperial military. No longer a padawan, and more than an Admiral or General. You can be a leader. You can be a great warrior. You can be a master of the Force."

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:59 am

The inquisitor's demeanor and approach confound and disarm the padawan. He had expected interrogation, domination. Instead, he's treated as a potential ally.

"I didn't--" Uri cuts himself off, wary of giving the inquisitor information about himself. Information that the droids managed to wipe upon capture or salvage was an advantage denied to the Republic, and a warrior's overestimation is just as valuable to his opponent as the reverse - another one of his deceased master's teachings. So far, he has impressed the inquisitor with his talent for the Force, but lying didn't come naturally to the padawan. Let him focus on something else. Curiosity? And he is curious...

"Who are you? I've heard terrible things. Why is this happening to us?"

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:25 pm

The Pau'an moves in a circle around the room as his gaze is locked on the padawan. "I am the Inquisitor. The Jedi are dead. The stories you have heard may or may not be true. There are different points of view. The galaxy has changed many times over the course of history. You are experiencing this change first hand."

Walking over to a wall, the Inquisitor presses a button and the wall turns translucent showing the interior of the facility. A dark-skinned Twi'lek male and red-skinned female sit at tables within a cafeteria-like room. Their armor is dark and in the same style as the red blade warrior the Jedi fought against in the supply room. Another dark armored warrior can be seen sparing against two Marksman-H training remotes and a TRD-2 sparring droid.

"The question you should be asking yourself is... what will be your legacy? Will you become another unknown padawan lost to the history of the Clone Wars? Or will you become a master of the Force, evolve and grow your abilities and talents to surpass even your masters?"

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:45 am

Uri mulls that question over, taking note of the veiled threat. Janos, Granite, Shoshannah, are they dead? That was the first part of Lucky's warning. Or would they become like Rikros? And from his view of the cafeteria, he can see where the Empire had put the students that they captured. A certain point of view? What about that spectacle in the cantina on Boonta? Maybe he should play along. The inquisitor said he wanted to teach him. This is an opportunity. And when he's allowed more freedom, he could try to find out what happened to the others.

"If you would teach me, I would seek a deeper connection to the Force."
_
Had to think about how a Jedi would phrase it, to reflect what he was taught

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:02 pm

The Grand Inquisitor smiles, "Good, good. You must be hungry. Go join your brothers and sisters in the cafeteria and training dojo."

Waving his hand, the door opens leading to the rest of the facility. "We are family and betrayals are taken very serious. Your actions will reflect upon your former companions. If you cause harm, it will be applied tenfold against others."

"Your training will begin soon. I must go and make preparations."

As he begins to walk out of the room, he remembers that Urizen is only wearing briefs from his bacta treatment and that some near-humans feel more comfortable with clothing. Turning back to Uri and pointing towards a locker, he says, "There are some clothes in the locker."
The clothing will look like what the others are wearing in cafe pics. optional dark cloak, dark pants, dark shirt, etc. shoulder pads with Imperial logo, red trim, dark colors = dark grays to black

no armor, helmet, or weapons, just cloth.

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:25 am

Uri doesn't voice his feelings, but he tenses at the inquisitor's warning against betrayal. We take betrayal seriously, too. Stop - There is no emotion, there is peace.

Uri doesn't know how he feels about the edgy look, but if this is all they've given him, he might as well wear. He doesn't like the Imperial logo, so he leaves the pads behind. They can't make him bear a symbol of slaughter. After putting on clothes, he enters the rest of the facility, heeding his whining stomach and looking for the cafeteria.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Fri Aug 20, 2021 3:00 pm

When Uri nears the cafeteria, the red-skinned near human glances over at him. "Fresh meat," She says loud enough for the black-skinned Twi'lek to momentarily glance in Uri's direction before he returns to his food. Her voice lends Uri to believe she is near his age, or possible one or two standard years older.

She then turns back to focus on the padawan. Uri feels her eyes as she methodically inspects him from his toes to head. Uri suspects she potentially sees him as new competition, searching for weaknesses that she can exploit, or possible it's something else that makes him feel somewhat awkward, but comfortable at the same time.

"You must be the one everyone is talking about. Some sort of Force savant and master of the blade. I heard you single handedly took down an entire Separatist platoon of battle droids. Come sit with me, tell me about you."

As Uri gets a closer look at her, he realizes she is a Zeltron. One of his sparring partners at the Jedi Temple was a male Zeltron, but he hadn't seen a female Zeltron before. She appears quite attractive and her smile makes him feel like she could be a friend or at least not an enemy.

Zeltrons were one of the few near-Human races who had differentiated from the baseline stock enough to be considered a new species of the Human genus, rather than simply a subspecies. They possessed two biological traits of note. The first was that they all produce potent pheromones which enhanced their attractiveness and likeability. The second was a limited telepathic ability, used to project emotions onto others, as well as allowing them to read and even feel the emotions of others.

Out of hearing from the older male Twi'lek, she whispers "You're worried or afraid?" She says to him as he draws closer, "You don't need to be afraid here. Nobody can hurt us any more."
Updated the pic of the red-skinned female, wanted her to be closer age to you and I did a bit more research into species and powers, etc.

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:08 am

Ah, Hilmar. The memory of Hilmar conjures a fondness of an odd mix of irritation and, well, a sort of "loud warmth". He was very popular in Katarn, but not above using his pheromones and chummy magnetism to trick or weaken others in training. Uri didn't like fighting him. Hilmar probably didn't realize it, but he was a huge source of competition fueling their potential as a group, facilitating stronger bonds among his generation of clan Katarn. Well, thinking about it now, what if that was Hilmar's goal the entire time?

That possibility only comes to Uri now when he's face to face with a female Zeltron, who clearly knows what she's doing. He feels the resistance against the tall grey man from earlier melting way even as he desperately tries to gather it up, like pawing at spilled milk with bare hands, as the seemingly disinterested Twi'lek sporting the grim skin tone disappears from view. Was she ever a padawan, like him?

He walks over, again and again trying to muster a response, not daring to sound it out before he can force down the lump in his throat, as he sits next to her. He has to dare himself to be this close. Why? He can't recall ever feeling this way around Hilmar, and returning to Hilmar allows him a window of thought measured in milliseconds to wonder what happened to the class hero.

"Hi, I'm Uri. I'm a Jedi padawan. Uh, just wondering how I got here, and other things. What about you?"
What's a pretty girl like her doing in a place like this, well, wherever the frell this is? thinks his subconscious.
_
:mrgreen: I am smiling as I type this. This is part of what I had in mind when I made this character, just not the possibility of literally courting a Dark Jedi (maybe, maybe not, we will see). If I were Han, I would have actually spoken that last line, but Uri is in unfamiliar territory on every level.

Hmm. I forgot to look for food, but that's ok. It fits.