Chapter 5F: Opportunities

After Order 66, few Jedi dare to venture outside the shadows—rumors of the dark and terrible Darth Vader haunting even their waking moments. Yet, some Jedi find this life of fear unbearable. The Empire is always watching, and Vader himself is eager to confront any Jedi that might bring him closer to the whereabouts of his betrayer, Obi-Wan Kenobi.
Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Re: Chapter 5F: Opportunities

Post by Shurijo » Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:41 pm

The cantina is unlike the usual establishments that Jarek frequents. There's something raw, an uneasiness, and edge here that feels both threatening and unwelcoming to the scholar. After waiting a bit, a Duros with smooth blue-green skin and red eyes walks over to him and says, "Boss is ready to see you now."

The Duros doesn't wait for a reply and just walks off towards the back of the cantina. He opens a door and waits for Jarek to enter.

Inside Jarek finds a Devaronian, who he assumes is Gellar Roing, because he believes can't be that many Devaronians in the underworld of Eriadu City. Sitting with his arms crossed and feet propped up on the edge of his desk, he bluntly states, "Tell me how you're going to make me credits."

Bohemond
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Scout

Re: Chapter 5F: Opportunities

Post by Bohemond » Fri Nov 05, 2021 6:39 pm

"By giving the one thing no amount of muscle or wealth or reputation can give you on its own. Legitimacy," the Mirialan replies matter-of-factly. "You can find better pilots, better shots, and better fists than mine probably without even leaving this building. All I have is a fancy document hanging in a small office in a university. However, that means enough to the new Empire. When one of your men is found with an artifact on their ship, it's black market smuggling. When it's on my ship, it's transportation of an item of cultural importance for research and preservation. Of course, if I can show results, I'll have more access to certain benefits. An important expedition? I'll need funds for 'local help' to assist in recoveries, complete with proper documentation to move through customs and security with minimal fuss. And the perfectly legitimate businessman Gellar Roing? Well, he's absolutely essential to the smooth running of such enterprises, which will of course require compensation. Finding the proper supplies in the Outer Rim can be expensive, after all. And if there is a record of success, who will want to ask bothersome questions?"