This is the OOC forum for Star Wars: Dark Times
Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Re: Rules: Character Generation

Post by Muskrat » Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:47 pm

Does the color of the ilum crystal make a difference?

Also, what are the stats for the Jedi Commander Armor?

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:50 pm

Color doesn't matter stat wise. Jedi armor should be on the shared char sheet, core tab under weapons.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:08 pm

Are you enforcing encumbrance rules? If so, I'll need to ditch a lot of equipment, unless the Jedi utility belt is really, really good.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:09 pm

Muskrat wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:08 pm
Are you enforcing encumbrance rules? If so, I'll need to ditch a lot of equipment, unless the Jedi utility belt is really, really good.
Not unless it's crazy encumbrance. If it's just a bit overboard, then we're fine.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:23 pm

The spreadsheet doesn't seem to list encumbrance, but my Eumbrance Threshold (5 + Brawn) is 7 and, if I added everything up right, my Encumbrance is 24. A backpack would reduce that to 20, but that's still clearly way too much.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:30 pm

Muskrat wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:23 pm
The spreadsheet doesn't seem to list encumbrance, but my Eumbrance Threshold (5 + Brawn) is 7 and, if I added everything up right, my Encumbrance is 24. A backpack would reduce that to 20, but that's still clearly way too much.
Don't worry about it. The Heavy Robes can be left in your room since you're wearing Jedi Armor. Until we get a "home base" where you can actually leave supplies, we won't worry about things like 2 armors.

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:07 am

@Shurijo First draft of my sheet is ready, although I would prefer a spreadsheet. I changed the knight to a rival. I'm not sure about the way he manages to escape the purge, though. Maybe we'll wing it.

I made a copy of Muskrat's to make mine, and I noticed a bonus of 10 xp in there. Where can I get that? Is that for an Obligation?

https://docs.google.com/document/d/18Sj ... sp=sharing

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:55 am

RorytheRomulan wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:07 am
@Shurijo First draft of my sheet is ready, although I would prefer a spreadsheet. I changed the knight to a rival. I'm not sure about the way he manages to escape the purge, though. Maybe we'll wing it.

I made a copy of Muskrat's to make mine, and I noticed a bonus of 10 xp in there. Where can I get that? Is that for an Obligation?

https://docs.google.com/document/d/18Sj ... sp=sharing
Great. I have a spreadsheet. I just like getting the text with points in a list at first, so we can double check the math.

Muskrat's first draft had 10 extra XP (120 human, and 150 bonus). We revised that so his sheet is now correct (110 human, 150 bonus).

Once I verify the numbers, I'll add to the spreadsheet along with the gear stats, weapons, etc. and other RP items (descriptions, etc.). Send me a PM (or discord PM) with your current email address and I'll share the Google spreadsheet charsheet back with you.

As far as surviving, just give me a general direction you feel your character was going during Clone Wars. What type of unit, missions, or situations that the Jedi might have assigned to you based on your background and skills.

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:17 pm

Got it. Let's see. Given the Force power I picked, and his Stealth & Brawl ability, Uri would be suitable to stealth missions. Sabotaging an occupied location, ambushing outposts (sabotage & radio squad). Scouting & clearing hostile areas, be it angry fauna or enemy patrols, could work if at least two people were spotters. I didn't plan multi-classing, but I'm probably going to add Sentinel later. The squad, I'm thinking, would be an ambush fireteam made of well-rounded shock troopers, with a couple complementing Uri's strengths and making up for his lacking skills. I also like the idea of making one of the troopers a backup character, but I haven't made them yet. I would want to see what the party would be lacking in skills accounted for, if Uri goes permanently out of play for any reason. I expect most of them to die, but feel free to give them names. :twisted:

I made a minor tweak: Compassion is Bravery now. It suits his personal history much better as currently revised, but he still has a bleeding heart, so bravery lends well to Hatred, as the amplified opposite to Compassion. Coincidentally, Shoshannah can act as his foil. I'll have a picture for his portrait soon.

To distance himself from other Jedi players, the academy that Uri adopted by is subject to change. I remember looking up which academy is the closest, and there are two other known academies besides Coruscant: Obroa-Skai along the Vaathkreet Trade Corridor, and Telos, which is way up the Hydian Way near the Sith Worlds.

I added his personal timeline. For whether the named NPC Jedi Masters & rival are alive or dead, dead is probably better, because his ambition revolves around reuniting with his biological parents, whom he hasn't seen since he was 2 years old, and if his master or rival are still alive, then he doesn't have to look very far to satisfy his ambition. If you want to keep him from making a beeline for Arkania, we might want to work in a telegraphed reveal during his prologue - or in his pre-campaign history - that they are in fact missing. How they are doing currently though, that needs to be a DM secret.

fyi - other Jedi players will not have previously met Uri.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:31 pm

Sounds good. I sent you a PM regarding some char gen questions.

~~~~~~~~~~~

If anyone plays a species outside of official, please let me know ahead of time so we can figure out the proper species information. For now, if it's not an official species, I'm leaning towards the user-created Complete Species Guide found at https://community.fantasyflightgames.co ... ies-guide/