Secrets of Roderic's Cove: Act I - Bubbling Tensions

The all-powerful Runelords, near-immortal wizards who ruled Varisia in ancient days, stir to terrible life once more, surging across the frontier with plans to reignite their time-lost empire!
RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Secrets of Roderic's Cove: Act I - Bubbling Tensions

Post by RorytheRomulan » Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:47 pm

"Aye, an' Ah'm loathe t' pry ye away from th' meats, but there's a mug of Possum's home brew in it fer ye," Rusilka pipes up, mug in hand. "Just in town meself, an' Ah'm ready t' swear by it."

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Othniel » Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:25 pm

Miri gives Rusilka a sidelong glance. She's still not entirely sure the woman isn't just speaking Dwarven. "We've been asked to do some investigating and any help would be lovely," she added to bolster her companions' entreaties.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:39 pm

Ladia steps away from the coals, closes the smoker, and wipes her hands relatively clean, before eagerly taking the proffered mug of Possum Punch. She takes a large sip, then signs in satisfaction. "Well I can at least see you folks know how to treat a lady right." She begins spinning her tale, clearly one who likes to gossip and spin a good yarn.

Her tale says she rose late at night, as she does most nights, to tend to her smokehouse fires. On her way there, she saw a number of people fleeing north from the Circle. Rushing to the scene of the fight and shouting at those fleeing to stop, Ladia stumbled upon the grisly aftermath. Six bodies were sprawled out on the ground dead. She immediately started shouting for her neighbors to wake up and help, and to keep an eye out for the varlets who'd committed the crime. Ladia mourns that it was too dark for her to recognize any of the people fleeing the scene, but she notes they were headed north. For this reason, she suspects they weren't thugs from Riddleport, reasoning that pirates would have fled south to board their ship at the docks.

When mentioning shouting to the neighbors for come and help, you feel that she is holding something back. After finishing off most of the ale, and with some light prodding, she admits one more thing. She noticed a young boy, Kynae Fromperton, lurking around the scene soon after she started yelling for help. Kynae slipped away before more help arrived, but Ladia certainly doesn't think he was involved in the actual deed. He's just a kid. And she doesn't want to see him get in trouble, but she mentions it on the off-chance that he might have seen something more than she did.

She apologizes that she doesn't know any more, but hopes she was able to be of some small help.
Buttering people up always works! Great idea bringing the Ale.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:54 am

Out-of-towners makin' trouble, eh." Rusilka nods. "Aye. Ah wouldnae think the boy wished ill on decent folk. Whereabouts is he? Has he any kin?"

Graven
Level 4
Level 4
User Class: Rigger

Post by Graven » Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:59 pm

Picking up Rusilka's thread, Sarius nods, "I'm sure he'd want to make sure his neighbours were safe."
Fantasy is the exercise bike of the mind. It might not take you anywhere, but it tones up the muscles that can. Of course, I might be wrong.
- Sir Terry Pratchett
I will always return
- Shinjo
Formerly Phlale

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:35 pm

The woman has a sad look on her face. "He's the son of the town drunk, so his kin aren't exactly a source of support. He's a kind kid and sweet, sometimes I'll find him huddled up near the smoker on a cold day to keep warm. Most often he's where food is, so I'd check at Blackberry's Bakery. The halfling baker, Blackberry, is more generous than most."
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:54 am

"Thank ye, Ladia. Cheers." The stunted warrior gives the smoker a grateful nod and a smile, before looking to her new companions.

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Othniel » Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:29 am

"The bakery sounds promising," Myri responds to the look. "If he isn't there, perhaps this Blackberry can suggest where else we might find him."

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Thu Nov 04, 2021 8:56 pm

Ladia waves as the group departs, heading off to the Bakery. As you approach the building itself appears empty, but under the awning is a lanky, dirty child, cradling a small book. The rail-thin boy has dirty smudges on his face and wears ragged hand-me-down clothes. Seeing strangers approach he snaps the book shut, standing up and looking at you wish caution. "Blackberry ain't here, head on to the Circle if you're looking for her."

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Othniel » Fri Nov 05, 2021 3:48 am

"Hello young man," Myri said, suspecting that the child was the person they sought. "I thank you for the directions, but we are actually looking for a Kynae Fromperton. If that happens to be you, we were wondering if you might assist us with some information. There's give gold pieces in it for you if the information proves useful," she added flashing the boy a smile.
Diplomacy! +10 modifier.