Secrets of Roderic's Cove: Act I - Bubbling Tensions

The all-powerful Runelords, near-immortal wizards who ruled Varisia in ancient days, stir to terrible life once more, surging across the frontier with plans to reignite their time-lost empire!
ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Re: Secrets of Roderic's Cove: Act I - Bubbling Tensions

Post by ManWithDoor » Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:34 am

Kolton seems a bit at a loss for words at the enthusiastic response to charging right into deadly danger. "Um, I should add that they did first approach the militia for help. They sent a group of guards into the woods to look for them, oh, two or three days ago. They haven't come back yet, so, just saying, you might want to be careful."

Seeing that doesn't instantly get everyone to do an about-face, he continues talking. "Alrighty then. Um, I already told you that I just kind of live off the land, and travel wherever I care to. So don't get all judge-y, but I've met these goblins in the past. They're called the Bramblemouth Tribe, after the big lip piercings they all get, and while I've never been to their den I know generally where it is. It's on the western slope of a forested hill in the Churlwood. Nice enough country. Near enough to water, plenty of foraging, and far enough away from the established roads that usually the Bramblemouth don't bother anyone. I'm not saying they're friendly and misunderstood, just that they're isolated enough that their raiding targets deer instead of people."

He gives more detailed directions. If you travel east from Roderic's Cove, right along the path of the river, in a few hours you'll get to a crossing called Hallen's Ferry. After ferrying to the south bank, you can continue south a couple hours through the Churlwood forest until you get to a raised hill. Follow the western side of that hill southward, and you'll eventually run into the Bramblemouth.
Alright, since you'll be getting ready to head to the rescue, Level Up to 2 now! To give you a bit of spending money on miscellaneous supplies, I'm going to say Kolton lets the surviving dwarven merchants know you're attempting a rescue, and they pay out 250 gp to each PC to fund the effort.
So put that in your character sheets, and either spend or save it.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."