Secrets of Roderic's Cove: Act I - Bubbling Tensions

The all-powerful Runelords, near-immortal wizards who ruled Varisia in ancient days, stir to terrible life once more, surging across the frontier with plans to reignite their time-lost empire!
Graven
Level 4
Level 4
User Class: Rigger

Re: Secrets of Roderic's Cove: Act I - Bubbling Tensions

Post by Graven » Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:25 pm

"Also light and airflow..." Sarius seems slightly put out by the conversation as he follows in behind Myri.
Fantasy is the exercise bike of the mind. It might not take you anywhere, but it tones up the muscles that can. Of course, I might be wrong.
- Sir Terry Pratchett
I will always return
- Shinjo
Formerly Phlale

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:14 am

"But ye live out in the open," Rusilka bants back, behind Myri. "Hmph, may as well build it all outta glass." Rusilka's grievances against surfacers' architectural designs bubble under the surface; having a companion on the road seems to compel her to vent them.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:08 am

The Philosopher firmly nods at Myri, and looks over the group. "Of course, neighbors." His voice is deep and powerful, projecting from the diaphragm even though you are all within easy conversational distance. He gestures broadly towards the Manor, and in a formal tone says "For what cause do you seek out the Order of Resplendence?"

Amelak heard the exact same phrase when he first came here. Seems to be the set greeting for some reason.
I have this volume problem. I suck at my "inside voice", very commonly talking noticeably louder than other people. :P
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Graven
Level 4
Level 4
User Class: Rigger

Post by Graven » Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:51 pm

The wizard's mouth runs faster than his good sense. "Information about ghosts, and runes, and the..." having forgotten the name of the Horned Fangs and running out of stalling techniques, Sarius stumbles, "the local gang, we heard some of your members got into an altercation with them."
Fantasy is the exercise bike of the mind. It might not take you anywhere, but it tones up the muscles that can. Of course, I might be wrong.
- Sir Terry Pratchett
I will always return
- Shinjo
Formerly Phlale

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Othniel » Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:52 pm

"Yes, we are doing an investigation," Myri adds. "Now be a dear and tell us what you can, or find someone who may know."
Diplomacy!

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Tue Feb 15, 2022 1:30 am

As the Philosopher opens his mouth to respond to your request, there is a commotion behind him as the front door opens and a monster(?) is bustled out. At first you see a bulbous, hairy spider body scuttling out, but then you see the other half and it's a ... spider-centaur? Nobody here has seen quite the like, but a big spider in the bottom is topped with the body of a woman with red-blonde hair, olive colored skin, and lamellar armor. The armor is stamped with a rose rising out of blood, most likely the holy symbol of the minor goddess Milani. Following quick on her heels is a serious-looking human woman in her late thirties, with straight black hair that runs past her shoulders. Her green eyes stand out against her tanned complexion, and she looks like she rarely smiles. She is dressed in traditional Varisian fashion, incorporating historical embellishments in her wardrobe that speak of her ties to the far past. You catch the tail-end of her sentence as she pushes out the spider-woman. "-and while we appreciate learning about the Everbloom and her lore, we are scholars and not religious zealots. This is a place of learning, not a church to evangelize in. Set up your own Chapel and you can preach whatever you want in there, but unless you're here to add to our Tomes, we insist that you leave right away-," and at this point she notices the rest of you gathered around.

The Philosopher leans over and whispers in her ear, and then she nods. "A busy morning, I see." She looks you all over, and nods in recognition at Amelak. "This is not the best time for visitors, as is evident. We are trying to carry out our mission of learning, and I was trying to lead a lecture." She takes a deep breath, gathering her patience. "But as the leader and founder of the Order of Resplendence, I of course am interested in the needs of the community we live in as well. If you have concerns about the 'altercation' as you say, then I will of course help as best I can." At this point all of you realize that you are talking to Corstela Rostrata herself, the scholar who created this group of scholars and constructed this Manor.
Introducing the latest PC -> Valentina Websinger. OOC - she is an Arachne. Basically the spider equivalent of a centaur. Or a non-drow drider, if that helps.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

PrideofSkirata
Level 1
Level 1

Post by PrideofSkirata » Tue Feb 15, 2022 7:41 pm

She huffs after being pushed out the door her spider like legs would do a series of tapping at this woman's insult of her but she breathed remembering that the way of Milani is to not oppress people like the other clerics of her order did she gently grabbed her holy symbol and said "lady Malani bless these people that they may be protected from harm for pushing me out and that they will never come under oppression and war" as she turned her large body around look at the rest of the party and she says " oh hello would you like to hear of the mercy of Lady Malani" she smiles at them her red hair blowing in the wind looking like fire as she humbly bows to them

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Wed Feb 16, 2022 1:06 am

Rusilka is dumbstruck at the commotion in front of her, and the strange not-green creatures that have suddenly come pouring into her life. She mutters something in Dwarvish with a hand gripping the haft of her axe. "'Lady' what? What is THAT?"

The briefest of moments that she dares to take her eyes off of the spider-woman is spent looking wildly at the nearest human or elf for guidance.

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Othniel » Thu Feb 17, 2022 4:46 am

The word "drider" dies upon Myri's lips as the creature mentions Milani. The oracle vaguely recalled that deity being one of the "good" ones. Her hand slowly releases the dagger she suddenly found herself clutching and she smooths her garments.

"She is similar to a drider, but...no, I think not." If the others didn't know what a drider was, so much the better for them. "Besides, she spoke of Milani, which I recall as being one of the, er, "good" deities."

She waves a hand at the offer of hearing more about Milani. "No, thank you. I am quite content with my own deity."

Myri turns her attention back to Rostrata. "Anything you can tell us would be appreciated. You see, we are doing an investigation of the matter."

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Thu Feb 17, 2022 2:01 pm

"Well then," Rusilka shakes her head at the spider woman. "Ah'll pass. All Dwarves worth their salt keep th' Father of Creation."