OOC Chatter

The OOC forum for Return of the Runelords
ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

OOC Chatter

Post by ManWithDoor » Sat May 29, 2021 2:52 pm

Feel free to put any OOC Chats in this Thread.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

OOC Chatter

Post by Vardaen » Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:29 pm

OOC.

Chats.

:)
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Graven
Level 4
Level 4
User Class: Rigger

OOC Chatter

Post by Graven » Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:29 pm

*shakes head OOC*
Fantasy is the exercise bike of the mind. It might not take you anywhere, but it tones up the muscles that can. Of course, I might be wrong.
- Sir Terry Pratchett
I will always return
- Shinjo
Formerly Phlale

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

OOC Chatter

Post by Vardaen » Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:32 pm

Please tell me Roderic's Cove is actually related to Captain Roderic in the S&S campaign!
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

ManWithDoor

OOC Chatter

Post by ManWithDoor » Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:40 pm

No idea! The Pathfinder Wiki entry on him:
Sir Aurek Roderic was the founder of the port town of Roderic's Cove in Varisia. Around 4638 AR, the privateer Sir Roderic led a group of emigrants from Magnimar to found the port town. In the years after the town's founding, he protected the town, fighting against the predations of Riddleport's pirates.

Does Skulls & Shackles occur before/around 4638 AR? If so, this might be him post-retirement. He died in 4648 AR (10 years after founding the town).
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

OOC Chatter

Post by RorytheRomulan » Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:35 pm

Dug something up for you, doing my best to avoid spoiling myself on either campaigns. No, Skulls and Shackles begins at or later than 4681.

https://pathfinderwiki.com/wiki/Free_Captains

The Free Captains have protected rebellious Sargava against House Thrune and the Chelish Navy since 4640 AR, when they started taking annual tribute from Baron Grallus. This includes victories by the Free Captains in 4643 AR and 4660 AR.[5] While most Free Captains abide by the treaty, the dissenters of Firegrass Isle refused to obey it, creating a rift between them and the Pirate Council.[6]

The Free Captains united under the Hurricane King in 4674 AR to harass shipping north of the Shackles, and the first Free Captains' Regatta was held three years later. Their recent success spurred the so-called Glorious Age of the Free Captains that began in 4681 AR and represents the unprecedented era of prosperity that the Free Captains currently enjoy.[7]

4638: Riddleport founded, by Sir Aurek Roderic.
4640: Free Captains start taking tribute from Baron Grallus.
4674: Kerdak Bonefist becomes the leader of the Free Captains.
4680: Gaston Cromarcky becomes the current ruler of Riddleport
4681: The beginning of the Free Captains' golden age of piracy. (Skulls and Shackles campaign takes place in this era)

4718: Roughly the beginning of Return of the Runelords (date set by ManWithDoor)

The wiki I use doesn't say when the Shackles' age of piracy ends. So it depends on Vardaen, because I haven't found any hard dates in his campaign or in the wiki that would help me with that. It looks like it is purely up to him whether he has his campaign set during the Return of the Runelords. It could very well be after.
edit:
Oops, it looks like I didn't read. "Sir Roderic" is actually called Sir Aurek Roderic. His last name is only the first name of Grimbold's PC, and they don't share any other names...

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

OOC Chatter

Post by Othniel » Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:53 am

I'll post after the kid responds. ^_^

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

OOC Chatter

Post by RorytheRomulan » Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:37 am

Sorry, I did see this, but I had an angle I wanted to complete. It's not important to the quest. Just something I wanted to do for the kid.

ManWithDoor

OOC Chatter

Post by ManWithDoor » Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:30 pm

Being "good people" outside of completing Quest Objectives is allowed. ;)

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Re: OOC Chatter

Post by Vardaen » Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:59 pm

ManWithDoor wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:30 pm
Being "good people" outside of completing Quest Objectives is allowed. ;)
Wait are the PCs being more than murder hobos ;)