Chapter 1: Witchlight Carnival

Once every eight years, the fantastic Witchlight Carnival touches down on your world, bringing joy to one settlement after the next. Its owners, Mister Witch and Mister Light, know how to put on a good show. But there’s more to this magical extravaganza than meets the eye!

The carnival is a gateway to a fantastic Feywild domain unlike anything found on the Material Plane. Time has not been kind to this realm, however, and dark days lie ahead unless someone can thwart the dastardly schemes of the Hourglass Coven.
Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Re: Chapter 1: Witchlight Carnival

Post by Muskrat » Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:28 pm

Waiting to post until Shiloh hears from the others on pushing Witch and Light to change how they deal with people who don't pay.

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:07 am

Quill sweeps her bangs and purses her lips in thought. "I'm not sure we can. When I met them, they felt warm and cold at the same time. A little bit like the Fey, now that I think about it. They can be hard to predict. At least, that's what my brother said. But of course I'll back you up."

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:24 pm

I'm going to interpret the lack of other posts as agreement with Shiloh.
Shiloh goes back into the tent and says to Steamkettle, "I'm going to be frank with you. You're under a spell--I can't compel you to do anything, it just makes you more friendly to us. You would have realized that anyway when the spell wares off and we do want to work with you. Even the folks who work for the circus agree something is wrong and they want to get to the bottom of it. So, we all might have different loyalties and reasons for wanting to address this problem, but we should be able to work together. But we need to do it in a way that doesn't hurt anyone innocent. What do you say?"
Persuasion 5

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:43 am

Kettlesteam pauses while he considers this information, noting internally his abnormally trusting and cooperative attitude. His eyes darken with hostility and his feathers ruffle up, but after a long minute he calms back down. "Fine. I don't have to like your methods, but you didn't actually hurt me or steal. But yes, I can play nice and return what I've stolen. As long as you can get to the bottom of these problems and actually resolve it."
Shiloh Persuasion Check = (hidden roll) Success.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:16 am

Quill smiles, hiding her reservations about working with an acolyte of Baba Yaga's. "Perfect. Do you think we have time to talk to Candlefoot before the show under the Big Top?"
As part of my background, I went with the hook about being offered a job by a warlock and being told to come to the carnival. Is it possible that Kettlesteam could be the guy?

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Sat Oct 01, 2022 12:07 am

Shiloh nods. "Thank you. Do you know anything more than what you already told us?"

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Fri Oct 28, 2022 1:52 am

Kettlsteam doesn't have anything of worth to additionally offer, his only giant disruption currently running is the stolen voice bit. Everything else is more petty such drilling small holes in the Swan Ride boats to cause them to slowly sink, stealing money from the guests, 'misplacing' personal belongings in suspicious places to cause strife, that sort of thing. He only recently escalated to the big leagues with the stolen voice bit after the smaller stuff wasn't causing enough disruption to get the results he was looking for.
It's either now or never for attending the Big Top Extravaganza. And either just attending and reacting to the show, or going with Burly's plan of using the distraction to steal Mr. Witch's watch from him for blackmail purposes.

You can definitely make sure Candlefoot is returned his voice right afterwards though. :) You are definitely doing a lot of good deeds around these parts.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Fri Oct 28, 2022 3:10 am

Shiloh says, "Okay, thank you," and unties Kettlesteam. She turns to the others and says, "Shall we go watch the big show? Maybe more clues will show up there."

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Sat Oct 29, 2022 11:13 am

"Do you think we could get that key? Trixie?"

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:21 pm

"I thought we were going to do things above board," says Shiloh. "If we go around stealing things, how are we better than ..." She almost says Kettlesteam, but decides against it since he is still right there. Instead, she says, "... the people we're fighting? There has to be a better way of finding out what's going on."