Chapter 2: Hither

Once every eight years, the fantastic Witchlight Carnival touches down on your world, bringing joy to one settlement after the next. Its owners, Mister Witch and Mister Light, know how to put on a good show. But there’s more to this magical extravaganza than meets the eye!

The carnival is a gateway to a fantastic Feywild domain unlike anything found on the Material Plane. Time has not been kind to this realm, however, and dark days lie ahead unless someone can thwart the dastardly schemes of the Hourglass Coven.
RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Chapter 2: Thither

Post by RorytheRomulan » Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:05 pm

Quill's fingers coil around the hilt of her weapon. A proper fight sounds way more fun, but she stalls with a question. "Who are you collecting memories for?"
Arcana 17: what would happen if I gave up a bad memory to the gourd?

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Othniel » Thu Nov 30, 2023 1:24 am

From a branch above Jack comes a small voice. "The song was okay, but do 'grin' and 'cunning' really rhyme?"

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Wed Dec 06, 2023 4:52 am

Jebbek answers the bard with a chipper but firm shake of her head. "Nope! Not interesting in performances, gold, wrestling matches, or a counterfeit family heirloom."

She shrugs at Quill's question. "Well, I don't owe you any explanation, but you can't be all bad if you have a fellow harengon in your group. The fey will trade quite a lot for rich memories. Or in a pinch we could bribe or pay them off. That's up to Agdon to make big picture decisions like that. I'm just your friendly neighborhood toll collector."

The harengon swings her club through the air back and forth, loosening up her shoulder. "It's been a lovely conversation, but I have places to go and people to tax. So either give us what we want, or we'll give you a thumping."
Did a group Intimidation check, just to see if you could scare them off. Rolled a 5 ... so yeah, not so much. Unless you want to try pulling something, it's down to either giving them your memory, or getting in a fight. Jebbek looks competent, but the rest of the brigands have pretty basic equipment and look more used to using numbers to threaten rather than competent violence.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:14 pm

Quill eagerly unsheathes her sword. "To tell the truth, I've been looking for a good excuse to get stuck in."

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Sun Dec 10, 2023 1:55 am

Shiloh sings a few verses, hoping to enchant Jebbek. Then she says, "Come on, you don't really want to get into a fight with us, do you?"
Cast Charm Person

Bohemond
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Scout

Post by Bohemond » Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:58 pm

"What good will our memories be if you knock them all out of our heads via gourd or club?" Jack asks the fellow Harengon, drawing his rapier. "And never threaten one of your own with a thumping, lest they have a more powerful thump."

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Fri Dec 15, 2023 10:55 pm

Clearly fighting words have been issued, and a violent confrontation is inevitable. As swords are being drawn and bows raised, Jebbek likewise draws her blade and rolls her eyes. She gestures to the group of brigands, calling them to 'give these fools a thumping', even those that have been wrangling their pack slug.
Start Combat!
- I put up a Combat Page in Roll20. You should be able to see and control your Icons, and thus also make exact Movement declarations.
You win initiative, so go ahead and declare your combat actions. Then they'll go. Shiloh can keep or change the Charm Person action, no problem either way.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Sat Dec 16, 2023 1:18 am

I'll keep the Charm Person action. If others can wait to see if it works, it's more likely to work. Jebbek gets advantage on her saving throw if we're engaging in violence against her and her compatriots.

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Mon Dec 18, 2023 2:58 pm

Quill springs off toward the north, placing herself closer to the slug drivers to make herself an appealing target for the rest of the merry band. "Shiloh watch out!"

She swipes at the bunny boy on Jebbek's right.
Move to Brigand 1. Attack 14, 10 damage if I hit.

Good to thin numbers, so we'll leave Jebbek and see what Shiloh can do with Charm Person.

Bohemond
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Scout

Post by Bohemond » Tue Dec 19, 2023 6:16 pm

With the fight in hand, Jack wastes no time in his movements. He ignores Jebbek, darting towards his friend Quill before leaping through air to get behind the brigand engaged by his friend.
Move Action: 5 N, 1 NW
Bonus Action: Leap 2 N (does not provoke attack of opportunity)
Attack Action: Attack Brigand 1 w/ advantage