Chapter 1: Witchlight Carnival

Once every eight years, the fantastic Witchlight Carnival touches down on your world, bringing joy to one settlement after the next. Its owners, Mister Witch and Mister Light, know how to put on a good show. But there’s more to this magical extravaganza than meets the eye!

The carnival is a gateway to a fantastic Feywild domain unlike anything found on the Material Plane. Time has not been kind to this realm, however, and dark days lie ahead unless someone can thwart the dastardly schemes of the Hourglass Coven.
Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Re: Chapter 1: Witchlight Carnival

Post by Muskrat » Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:40 pm

Shiloh nods at Quill's words. "Let's go to Lost Property and talk to Dirlagraun the displacer beast and see what he can tell us." She looks at Kettlesteam. "You're right--these hags sound very dangerous. I think we need to learn as much about them and their strengths and weaknesses before we ... well, I don't know what. Confront them in some fashion I imagine." She thinks a moment more and says, "At some point, we may need to go into the Feywild and begin learning what we can there. I imagine that, if we're careful, we can find those who will help us. I imagine many of the fey don't want to be ruled by these hags."

Bohemond
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Scout

Post by Bohemond » Sat Jun 24, 2023 2:17 pm

Jack looks around pensively. "Diana, have the unicorns ever provided visions before? Or is this new?"

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Wed Jun 28, 2023 1:03 pm

Kettlesteam squawks, then ruffles his feather. "You have me there," he says reluctantly, "I sure don't want Zybilna to be trapped forever, and whatever the Hags are doing to the Feywild, it can't be good.
I don't want to be controlled by them, and I'm not even in the lands of the fey ... but even here they are having an effect."

Diana moves over and converses with Jack. "The fey play their games, it is part of who and what they are. I'm no expert, but I think they have an irresistible drive to be known as clever, for someone to have a way to understand their plan. They've had this ability since I was cursed with a bad deal by -" when she tries to speak more of herself, she painfully coughs up what looks like brown tree sap. She shrugs helplessly. Whomever caused her transformation cursed her to be unable to share who did it. That would be too easy, not clever at all from a fey's perspective.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Wed Jun 28, 2023 8:12 pm

Shiloh looks at Diana with concern. "Do you think it would help you if we were able to free the carnival and the Feywild from these hags' control? Maybe you can just nod yes or shake your head no?"

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Wed Jul 12, 2023 8:00 pm

Diana horks up another dallop of brown tree sap, but manages to give a single hopeless nod.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Wed Jul 12, 2023 9:54 pm

Shiloh takes Diana's hand and squeezes it. "We will do our best."

She turns to the others and says, "Well, let's head to Lost Property and talk to Dirlagraun the displacer beast and see if he can fill in any blanks about what's happening."

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Sun Jul 23, 2023 9:20 pm

Lost Property

It is a short trip from the Carousel to the lost-and-found, just a short turn around some food concessions and then a ten-foot bridge across the stream.

Outside the Lost Property wagon is a large feline creature with midnight-blue fur. It has a pair of tentacles extending from its shoulders, and wears fake butterfly wings. While those are the standard uniform of the staff, they look particularly silly on the muscular beast. Additionally, hanging from its collar is a small wooden keg. The creature is roughhousing with two young boys as you approach. One boy squeals, "Again, Dirla, again!", while the other hangs onto the creature's neck.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:42 pm

"Well, there's something you don't see every day," says Shiloh. "You would be Dirlagraun? I'm Shiloh--though I'd beg you not to say my name too often, since my condition for admission here was to sing and dance whenever someone else says it. We were hoping to talk to you about some people who may be trying to sabotage the carnival--we were told you see and hear a lot in this position."

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Wed Jul 26, 2023 4:47 pm

Quill gawps at the creature.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite