Chapter 1: Witchlight Carnival

Once every eight years, the fantastic Witchlight Carnival touches down on your world, bringing joy to one settlement after the next. Its owners, Mister Witch and Mister Light, know how to put on a good show. But there’s more to this magical extravaganza than meets the eye!

The carnival is a gateway to a fantastic Feywild domain unlike anything found on the Material Plane. Time has not been kind to this realm, however, and dark days lie ahead unless someone can thwart the dastardly schemes of the Hourglass Coven.
ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Re: Chapter 1: Witchlight Carnival

Post by ManWithDoor » Wed Oct 04, 2023 4:42 am

They shake their heads in unison. "We carry no written knowledge, as it would be stolen back by jealous fey ever time we travel through Prismeer. What wisdom we may impart are two things."
- Mister Witch speaks first. "Mind the Rule of Three: future, present, past."
- Mister Light speaks second. "Find the alicorn and free the dormant queen at last."

They tell you that they can share nothing else, the prohibitions on them are very stringent. All they can say is that they can portal you into the Realm of Thither through a mirror in the Hall of Illusions. No paths in the chaotic Feywild are permanent, so they cannot give you any guide on him to return.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Thu Oct 05, 2023 12:18 pm

"The rule of three, sounds very important. But before we go, I have to ask about my brother. Have you heard of an older gnome passing through these parts, calling himself 'Goose'?"

Bohemond
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Scout

Post by Bohemond » Fri Oct 06, 2023 10:04 pm

Jack listens intently as the duo share what they can. Part of him wishes he had gotten this knowledge sooner, so that he could've maybe saved some others from whatever hexes they suffered from. But he soon realizes that charging into the Feywild by himself was foolhardy. Now, at least, there seemed to be others willing to risk the journey. The Harengon straightens up a bit.

A chance to be a hero! And maybe finally remember who she is! Just like in the stories.

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Fri Oct 13, 2023 1:31 am

They both look at each other, then shake their heads. "No, we don't know of any gnomes named Goose. Is he what you have lost and are searching for?"
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Fri Oct 13, 2023 2:50 am

"Yes. Well, what I lost when I came here as a girl was my ear for melodies. The rhythm comes back to me when I get bevvied, but I really want to see my kin again. He just disappeared in the night, and, let me just say that things haven't been the same since. It's really screwin' me up not knowin' why. Nobody gets into this place uninvited or unnoticed, so I thought that if he came by, maybe it might have reached you."

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Fri Oct 13, 2023 3:02 am

They again shake their heads on odd unison. "If he offended us we might remember. But if he offended the rules of the Fey and they took him as recompense, we would easily remain ignorant of it. They give us no accounting of their actions, we can only abide by their will."

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Fri Oct 13, 2023 4:22 am

Hesitantly, Shiloh asks, "Can you tell us how you came to strike the deal you did allowing you passage through the Feywild? The more we know about that, the better prepared we might be for whatever we encounter." Not to mention, Shiloh found herself very curious about the history of the whole affair and why anyone would strike the deal they did.

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Sun Oct 22, 2023 5:35 pm

They appear to attempt to talk, but no words come out. Throughout the conversation they cannot give any specifics of the negotiation or terms of the contract, besides that it exists. They neither confirm or deny any identifying information about the usurpers of Zybilna, such as names, race, numbers, homes, or anything else. The contract appears to constrain them from even physically speaking.

At least their limitation is they cannot speak, unlike the "centaur" that spits up brown tree sap when trying to talk about it.
Hastening the questioning process.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Tue Oct 24, 2023 4:16 am

Shiloh grins wryly. "Thanks. That actually tells us something, if not what I was hoping to find out." She finds herself wondering why anyone would enter such a contract. She suspects there was an underhanded element to it, as with the loss of her memories.

She looks to the others. "Are we ready?"

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:47 pm

"I am. Nothing ventured, nothing gained."