Chapter 1: Witchlight Carnival

Once every eight years, the fantastic Witchlight Carnival touches down on your world, bringing joy to one settlement after the next. Its owners, Mister Witch and Mister Light, know how to put on a good show. But there’s more to this magical extravaganza than meets the eye!

The carnival is a gateway to a fantastic Feywild domain unlike anything found on the Material Plane. Time has not been kind to this realm, however, and dark days lie ahead unless someone can thwart the dastardly schemes of the Hourglass Coven.
RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Tue Feb 15, 2022 9:07 pm

Overhearing the conversation, Quill shrinks, but when the booth goblin offers the special deal to the minstrel, she shoves her silver away and walks up with a grin. It sounds too fun not to try at least once, and no way can anybody wait another whole eight years for the next carnival visit.

"Hello, I-I'm Quill. Can I have a pact too, please? It sounds fun..."

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:45 pm

Mariana tugs at Shiloh, but she says to her, "Hold on!" She turns to the goblin and says, "Just to clarify--does this pact just cover my admission for today? Or does it give me a chance of recovering what was lost? I understand if it's just the first, but I want to make sure I'm not misunderstanding anything." As she speaks, her hand hovers over the ticket, but she doesn't take it quite yet--not until the goblin answers her question.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Mon Feb 21, 2022 7:57 pm

The elderly goblin leans forward to better talk to the gnome. "My good master Quill, pact are open to all, we play no favorites here." He looks Quill up and down in a considering fashion. "The pact that is offered to you is this - You must declare your love for unicorns at every opportunity." He winks, and turns to Shiloh to answer her question.

"Excellent questions, my lady! The Ticket covers your stay for this evening alone, it is transferrable neither to the Future nor the Past, for at the Witchlight Carnival there is on Today! With a legitimate ticket nothing will be lost today, but it does nothing for days which have already been, nor days which might eventually be."
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:47 pm

Quill smiles back. "Of course, I love unicorns!"

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Wed Feb 23, 2022 6:44 pm

I think you may have got some of the characters mixed up. Shiloh was asking about what the ticket covered and whether she would have an opportunity to recover her memories of her home.

Bohemond
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Scout

Re: Chapter 1: Witchlight Carnival

Post by Bohemond » Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:37 am

Jack skips around Quill and Trixi, clearly excited that he gets to partake in the Carnival and isn't working. "What should we do first? Everything is fun and Quill might become the Witchlight Monarch before the night is through!" Jack bows deeply as if he's greeting royalty.

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Sun Feb 27, 2022 2:17 pm

"The what? I don't know, I think I'd rather let someone else have the spotlight." Quill smiles in spite of her negation. "I'd like to see the Hall of Illusions. Or maybe we could go hide in the Mystery Cave?"

She moves on, but barely a short distance, watching and waiting to see whether the halfling will take the ticket master's pact, and gawking twice at the blond woman's mode of dress.

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Othniel » Fri Mar 04, 2022 3:14 am

"Oh, illusions are fun!" Trixie claps her hands together once and grins. "Let's go see that."

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Sat Mar 05, 2022 4:51 pm

The Hall of Illusions

This large tent is painted with a mural of shifting images that show grinning faeries diving into pools of color. The helical stripes of the tent's pointed canopies rotate in spirals, and the whole display seems designed to befuddle onlookers. A clown dressed in muted garb stands at the tent's entrance, blinking at you.

A glass cabinet stands near the entrance to this tent. A wooden mannequin of a grinning, raven-haired young woman in witch's attire and a green flowing cape hovers inside a glass cabinet. At the top of the cabinet, a sign reads "Tasha the Wizard - Known for Her Hideous Laughter!"
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Sat Mar 05, 2022 11:07 pm

Quill smiles at the clown. "Hello, I'm Quill, and I love unicorns!" She points at the effigy of Tasha. "I know her, well, sort of. My brother uses her Hideous Laughter spell often. Is she inside??"