Chapter 2: Hither

Once every eight years, the fantastic Witchlight Carnival touches down on your world, bringing joy to one settlement after the next. Its owners, Mister Witch and Mister Light, know how to put on a good show. But there’s more to this magical extravaganza than meets the eye!

The carnival is a gateway to a fantastic Feywild domain unlike anything found on the Material Plane. Time has not been kind to this realm, however, and dark days lie ahead unless someone can thwart the dastardly schemes of the Hourglass Coven.
Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Re: Chapter 2: Hither

Post by Othniel » Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:10 am

"Drats!" Trixie frowns at the lock. "Foiled by magic. All right. Let me go check with my friends. Don't go anywhere!"

With that, the fairy zips back down to the others to relay both the tiny dragon's words and her mixed success and failure. "We should go check out that Telemy Hill he mentioned. Unless anyone knows how to break an enchantment."

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:17 am

"Sorry, never got that far. How big is the cage?" asks Quill. "I don't like the idea of leaving the knight up there to fritter away, if we could carry him. And what about this tower? Maybe there's an easy fix to this up at the top?"

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Othniel » Fri Mar 01, 2024 2:32 am

"It's a bird cage. I suppose if one of you big folk got up there you could carry it," the fairy answered.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Fri Mar 01, 2024 5:57 am

"I don't know how to break enchantments either," says Shiloh, shaking her head. "I agree with Quill though--we should carry the cage if we can rather than leaving the poor fellow there to face whatever predators may come along. We've already come across brigands and two giant snakes."

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Sun Mar 03, 2024 3:38 am

"Garl and fiddle-flack. I guess there's only one thing to do, then."

The power of the Witchlight Monarch surges through Quill and wings sprout on her back. "I think we should take advantage of this and explore the tower while it lasts."

She flies up to the balloon, where she finds the dragon knight in the cage, and "ums" before settling on a greeting. "I'm at your service, Sir Knight, I can't get you out of that cage, but I thought we shouldn't leave you up here either."

The winged gnome lifts Talavar's prison, then flaps her wings and glides down to the floor of the bog, bringing the trapped dragon to meet the party.
Charm of the Monarch: Charisma up to 13, Fly speed of 25 feet. Lasts 1 hour.

1 charge remaining. I'll use the last one when we absolutely need it.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:59 pm

"Good idea," says Shiloh, nodding. "Let's explore the tower. Carefully. Who knows what we might find." With that, she cautiously re-enters the tower, looking to explore it while keeping an eye out for danger.
Perception/ Wisdom -1 + Jack of All Trades 1: 6. Well, she's not going to see anything that isn't obvious.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:11 am

So, is anyone going to join Shiloh or are you all just waiting to see if she gets killed and eaten? :shock:

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:58 am

Quill flies in behind the bard, carrying Talavar and keeping her eyes peeled for traps.
I would like to hear from the dragon as we go along.

I got you, I should be on that. Perception 22.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:45 pm

Trixie and the newly-winged Quill firmly grip the bars of the oversized birdcage, and flap their wings with all their might. It takes some work on coordination, but after a couple false starts the cage jerks out of the basket and is carried to the ground smoothly. Well, more or less. The prisoner inside is banged around a bit, but that's a small price to pay for freedom. And even though they can't actually free him, the group hustles out of the area before the snakes give up on that illusory tasty snack, and go back to their den in the Tower.
Love the creativity! Working together, you have enough strength to drag the cage out of there.
The group sees a cat-sized faerie dragon looking at them curiously as he is hustled to safety. He has a surprisingly humanoid face with a thin mustache and goatee. He is armed with a longsword belted to his middle, wears heavy gauntlets, and has a medallion around his neck showing off his service to the Summer Court of Fey.
"Greetings, honorable travelers. Are you fellows strangers to this realm as well, or unhappy inhabitants thereof? I say with sadness that the Summer Court was not informed as to the state of Prismeer. Fomorians are threatening our lands, so I was sent by Queen Titania to call upon our ally Zybilna for aid." He shakes his head sadly. "But as you can see, noble Zybilna has been overthrown and the land left in the hands of Hags of the Hourglass Coven." He stops his update, looking around even more curiously. "But I have said more than enough. Pray, tell me of yourselves. With your bravery and altruism you must be heroes of your respective realms as well, yes?"
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:00 pm

Shiloh laughs. "Sorry, we're nobody special. But we did come here from outside the Feywild to investigate the situation in Prismeer. The hags there seem to have some hold over a circus caravan that we're all connected to in various ways. In my case, because I snuck into the circus as a child, my memories of my home were taken instead as payment. The hags are probably the ones with those memories--and I'd like them back so I can find my way home. If that means helping other folks in the process, even better."