Post by RorytheRomulan » Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:49 pm

oooh, alright

Bohemond
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Scout

Re: OOC Chatter

Post by Bohemond » Sun Apr 17, 2022 7:16 pm

I was wondering, what exactly would be the protocol for Jack dealing with events/strangers like the pig-masked girl? Also, as the resident candy-obsessed rabbitfolk in the campaign, Happy Easter everyone.

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Othniel » Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:54 am

Sorry for my seeming absence folks. New job has been sucking up my energy. Will try to get back into it tomorrow night with a post.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:24 pm

Questions on the Staff Area:

The carnival's wagons are located behind the Big Top, protected by a 20-foot-high, 5-foot-thick wall of thorns. When a member of the carnival Staff stands within 1 foot of the wall, the thorns part to form an 8-foot-high, 4-foot-wide doorway in front of them. The door remains open for 10 seconds, then disappears as thorny vines fill the opening once more.

A non-Staff person could theoretically move through the wall of thorns, albeit slowly and painfully. So lots of thorny piercing damage, and there are trumpet-shaped flowers that will honk a very audible alarm at the intrusion. There is also a usually friendly bugbear (Burly), who patrols the perimeter. So it is reasonably secure.

Enclosed by the wall of thorns is a circle of eight brightly painted wagons, one of which is a glass-encased water tank for Palasha the mermaid. The fanciest of the remaining seven wagons belongs to Mister Witch and Mister Light.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Tue May 24, 2022 4:17 am

Character arc/goal trumps mystery for me. I change my 'vote' to Gondola.

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Sat Jul 23, 2022 6:36 am

Forum members, please forget my idea for how to find Hurly. DM confirmed the carnival was in a different place weeks ago when he went missing, therefore none of the animals in this area would have seen or heard anything. Unless some birds like to follow it. But I don't think the carnival travels by any mundane means.

Bohemond
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Scout

Post by Bohemond » Thu Jul 28, 2022 4:29 am

Does anyone have any skills that could lead us to know something that would attract a kenku?

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:17 am

We want Knowledge Nature for that. Seeing as they are birdmen, I predict shiny objects.

Muskrat's idea is kinda solid though. If we set the fake scene near the Big Top entrance where folks will be going in, it would make for a public spectacle that would be hard to pass up. Not only targeting a supposed couple, but also putting their supposed embarrassment on display for many of the guests.

I have some good skills for waiting and watching for him to appear - Arcana & Perception to spot, Stealth to hide, and Athletics if it turns into a chase. We would need 1 or two people to try Performance to get Kettlesteam's attention and Bluff to act it out. Shiloh could Perform, and maybe Bluff. We could even just pick somebody out of the crowd to make this easier, because they wouldn't be in on it. Everybody else could hide in a bush. A well-timed bard spell on birdman could help us out.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:40 pm

I don't think we want to pick someone out of the crowd--setting the ethics of a false declaration of love aside, they would probably get really angry with us. But, yeah, we put of a performance to lure the kenku out. The trick is going to be that they seem to have formidable magical powers and we don't want bystanders getting hurt. Shiloh could try casting sleep on them.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Sat Jul 30, 2022 8:55 pm

Let me just note that roleplaying romantic scenes is something I normally avoid, since I doing so makes me uncomfortable. If we end up having Shiloh do it, I'll probably post something pretty bare bones.